Diamond dog coughs up missing wedding ring
STEVENS POINT, Wis.
A Wisconsin woman who lost her diamond wedding ring five years ago had given up all hope of finding it after searching high and low.
It turns out her mischievous dog may have had it all along.
Lois Matykowski, of Stevens Point, was eating an ice pop a few weeks ago when she noticed her granddaughter’s treat was gone.
Her dog, Tucker, was smacking his jaws. The 10-year-old mutt the family calls the “food burglar” had struck again, swallowing it whole.
The snatched food soon came back up. Two days later, Tucker threw up again. Matykowski told WAOW-TV that this time when she went to clean up the mess, she found her missing ring.
Her veterinarian says the Popsicle stick may have dislodged the ring inside his belly.
Bear cub rescued after head gets stuck in cookie jar
A frightened bear cub got its head stuck in an oversized cookie jar while rummaging through some trash and had to be rescued from a tree in New Jersey.
Environmental Protection Department spokesman Larry Ragonese says the 6-month-old cub apparently found the animal-crackers jar June 27 in Ringwood, near the New York border.
As the 28-pound animal tried to eat what remained in the jar, he apparently pulled it over his head and it got stuck.
The cub became spooked when approached and went up a tree, but got wedged about 40 feet up.
DEP staffers arranged netting in case the bear fell to the ground.
After the animal was tranquilized by a DEP biologist, it was brought down and local firefighters gingerly cut the jar off its head.
Prosthetic leg found on Washington beach returned
A woman who found a prosthetic leg on a Washington state beach has returned it to its owner.
Hannah Listle posted information on Facebook about the prosthetic she found while looking for shells June 29 at Point No Point beach.
KOMO reported that Megan Smith of Poulsbo gratefully claimed the leg last Monday.
She said she and her husband had been swimming Saturday night when she realized the leg was gone.