Shed no tears for Ohio killer’s ‘ghastly’ 25-minute execution

Published: Fri, January 31, 2014 @ 12:00 a.m.

Shed no tears for Ohio killer’s ‘ghastly’ 25-minute execution

Here we go again: The criminal is the victim.

Dennis McGuire should not have had to suffer for one-half hour before he died; what a shame. Let’s forget about the woman he killed.

Let’s forget about the baby who also died. I wonder how many times she pleaded for him to stop, how many times she begged for her life.

But he didn’t care; he probably thought by killing her, no one would know. He took her life after he had his fun, but he also took the baby’s life.

But just like always, those who never show mercy always ask for it. So they’re upset because it took him 25 minutes to die; well in my opinion it should have taken longer.

The people said it was ghastly. Well, what would they call what he did to the woman and her baby? It’s always the criminal who wants mercy but to hell with the victim.

Now the family is suing the state for cruel and unusual punishment. Again, what did he do to his victim?

Are they going to sue the devil because where McGuire went, he’s going to have a lot of punishment.

If I were a witness to his execution, I would have cheered and clapped my hands at how long it took him to die.

I only wish it had taken longer.

Bruce W. Fanton, Southington

Comments

1Millerh113(86 comments)posted 2 months, 2 weeks ago

Spoken like a true christian why don't u volunteer to witness the next execution and satisfy your thirst for blood

2Silence_Dogood(1216 comments)posted 2 months, 2 weeks ago

Millerh113 please show me in Mr Fanton's letter where he identifies himself as a Christian. Please don't try and claim that because he used the term's devil, mercy or hell, that he must be a Christian. There are several major religions that share these beliefs among them,Zoroastrian Religion, Judaism, Christianity and Islam.
It would seem that your hatred and racism towards Christianity is on full display.

From a taxpayers standpoint I would rather see firing squads be used for these events. The cost of five bullets cost much less then the cost for these med's that are used to put these animals down.

3eivo(1455 comments)posted 2 months, 2 weeks ago

Bruce,
You have hit the nail on the head with this letter. We need far less concern for the criminals and far more concern for the victims. If I were a witness, I would have been clapping right next to you.

4YtownParent(250 comments)posted 2 months, 2 weeks ago

Folks like Millerh113 claim Christians or any other God-fearing people should be against the death penalty by quoting the 10 Commandments and saying "Thou shall not Kill". They either forget or overlook that the same book provides a very specific penalty for committing murder. The bible says: "'Do not accept a ransom for the life of a murderer, who deserves to die. They are to be put to death." Numbers 35:31.

5eivo(1455 comments)posted 2 months, 2 weeks ago

@Ytown,
That icky feeling again.

6Millerh113(86 comments)posted 2 months, 2 weeks ago

I don't hate christianity, or any religion, but I do dislike hypocrites , especially religious ones. And there are plenty of those around, including some who write comments to the Vindy. And I am absolutely sure of one thing: killing another human being is wrong. And I don't need the Bible to confirm that.

7Millerh113(86 comments)posted 2 months, 2 weeks ago

I don't hate Christianity, or any religion, but I do dislike hypocrites , especially religious ones. And there are plenty of those around, including some who write comments to the Vindy. And I am absolutely sure of one thing: killing another human being is wrong. And I don't need the Bible to confirm that.

8YtownParent(250 comments)posted 2 months, 2 weeks ago

@MillerH113 You posted in response to a similar editorial: "To those so-called Christians who support the death penalty: What part of "Thou Shalt Not Kill" don't you get? The lord makes no exceptions."

You clearly used the bible to claim and defend your position against the death penalty. A defense that is weak as the Bible, like our own legal system, dictates that the penalty is death for committing murder. There's no hypocrisy in supporting capital punishment.

9Adnil(23 comments)posted 2 months, 2 weeks ago

I am completely behind MillerH113! We have no right to take a life and that includes all of God's beautiful creatures, My God is a loving God.

10YtownParent(250 comments)posted 2 months, 2 weeks ago

Your God maybe be a loving God, but if your God is The God whose word is The Bible, then your God commands us to put murders to death. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. It is also the same God that kicked Adam and Eve from the Garden because they didn't follow His commandments.

11billdog1(503 comments)posted 2 months, 2 weeks ago

Not to get into this petty religious argument, but, Christians follow the teachings of Christ, not the old testament. CHRISTians. Get it.

I am for the death penalty. My issue with it is that it cost so much money for the appeals these low lives seem to always be willing to plead for their lives. They didn't consider the person they killed on any level. It would be cheaper to sentence them to life with no possibility of parole, or maybe until 70 years old or death which ever comes first. At 70 few would be able to commit such violent acts as most are sentenced to death for. I don't have the answers but the argument should not include the bible or God. We live in the USofA, we have separation of church and state.