Sorry, no featured jobs currently.

BREAKING NEWS | Mahoning County grand jury indicts John Dellick on several felonies

Published: Thu, January 16, 2014 @ 3:02 p.m.

YOUNGSTOWN — A Mahoning County grand jury today indicted the son of a county judge on six felony counts and nine criminal counts overall.

John T. Dellick, 19, of Canfield, faces charges for two separate incidents, one for an October road rage incident in Canfield, and another for a July incident with an ex-girlfriend.

For the July incident, Dellick faces charges of kidnapping and abduction, both felonies, and a misdemeanor count of assault.

For the October incident, Dellick faces two counts of felonious assault, a second-degree felony, two counts of ethnic intimidation, a fifth-degree felony, and two misdemeanor counts of aggravated menacing. He was charged with ramming another man’s car in that incident.

He also has a pending aggravated menacing charge in Youngstown Municipal Court.

Dellick is the son of Judge Theresa Dellick of Mahoning County Juvenile Court.

For the complete story, read Friday’s Vindicator and Vindy.com

Comments

1NilesOhio(691 comments)posted 6 months, 1 week ago

Sounds like my school's superintendent's son when I was in school. This is what happens when you don't discipline your children.

2twentyonetwelve(98 comments)posted 6 months, 1 week ago

Meh.... Don't get me wrong. This kid is an idiot. I can't help but think they are coming down hard on him because his mother is a judge.

3jeratboy(125 comments)posted 6 months, 1 week ago

I bet he pleads on 1 felony and the misdemeanors. They probably loaded up the charges to get him to plead.

4dontbeafool(835 comments)posted 6 months, 1 week ago

a plea is definitely a coming......
I bet he still comes out with NO JAIL.

5Ytownnative(1011 comments)posted 6 months, 1 week ago

I see no jail time until he kills someone. I guessing that's within 5 years

6harleydog(203 comments)posted 6 months, 1 week ago

See if mommy can get him out of this. Again, she doesn't think jr. did anything wrong. What a thug.

7gdog4766(1401 comments)posted 6 months, 1 week ago

2112, your being sarcastic right? I mean only a complete idiot who has read all that this moron has done could think he's being picked on. I can't see how his mother can sit in judgement of other people kids when she so greatly failed with this one.

8northsidedeedee(20 comments)posted 6 months, 1 week ago

put him away for about 5 years. He should have a lot
of fun in prison….although this probably not happen.
What the heck I am thinking about….its Youngstown.
We can dream anyways

9vinglass(223 comments)posted 6 months, 1 week ago

Theresa Dellick's defense of her baby boy, indicates to me that she is the wrong person to be a judge in juvenile court.
The Democratic Chairman needs to run a challenger to her in the next election. Of course, then Dave Betras' brother in law might lose that cushy job in her court!

10lumper(281 comments)posted 6 months, 1 week ago

some jail time, please. there's alot of people in jail with lesser charges/convictions. and if santa could give him a big, smelly, cellmate too.