Youngstown Executive 408 Toastmasters Club has scheduled an open house and welcomes guests to meet members and find out how to speak publicly with confidence.
The free event is planned from 6:45 to 8:45 p.m. Monday at Shepherd of the Valley, 301 W. Western Reserve Road.
The open house offers the perfect opportunity for those who are interested to improve their public speaking and leadership skills and see what a Toastmasters meeting is all about.
After a brief meet-and-greet session, members and guests will be part of a regular Toastmasters meeting, which will include impromptu speeches, prepared speeches and evaluations.
Experienced members will answer questions, and guests will get to see how Toastmasters can help anyone develop speaking, listening and leadership skills.
Refreshments will be offered, and on-premises parking is available.
Following are the various roles assigned for Monday’s meeting agenda:
• Toastmaster: Michael A. Gerrick
• Opening: Deidre Windom
• 90 Second Training Tip: Brian E. McGowan
• Joke Master: Jeffrey Myers
• Word Master: Mary Jo Sikora
• Discussion Master: Lee Warner
• Speaker No. 1: Alex Mangie
• Speaker No. 2: Dena A. Deluco
• Speaker No. 3: Tshuna West
• Table Topics Master: Kathleen Campbell
• General Evaluator: Roy S. Thomas
• Evaluator No. 1: Art Byrd
• Evaluator No. 2: Mark L. Williams
• Evaluator No. 3: Miki Thomas
• Ah Counter: Cynthia L. McWilson
• Grammarian: Calvin Wagner
• Timer: Victor Arcenio
• Close: Deidre Windom
For information about Executive 408 visit www.speakingclub.org, follow @Toastmasters408 on Twitter and Toastmasters on Facebook.
Toastmasters International is a nonprofit educational organization that teaches public speaking and leadership skills through a worldwide network of meeting locations. Toastmasters International has helped people of all backgrounds become more confident in front of an audience. Membership exceeds 292,000 in more than 14,350 clubs in 122 countries.