State suspends license of Pa. OB/GYN after fondling

Published: Thu, August 7, 2014 @ 2:36 p.m.

BRADFORD, Pa. (AP) — The state has suspended the medical license of a northwestern Pennsylvania gynecologist who is awaiting sentencing after pleading guilty to fondling a patient and a woman who worked for him.

The Bradford Era reports that 51-year-old Dr. Abaz Sosic, of Bradford, faces nearly two years’ probation when he’s sentenced Sept. 18, subject to an earlier plea agreement.

Because of the plea, Sosic entered into a consent decree with the State Board of Medicine to indefinitely suspend his medical license.

Police say an office employee claimed Sosic grabbed her rear end and made a sexually suggestive comment to her Jan. 27. After those charges were publicized, a patient came forward to claim she was fondled after an ultrasound in June 2012.

Sosic pleaded guilty to indecent assault in both cases.

Comments

1billdog1(1553 comments)posted 3 months, 2 weeks ago

Two years probation sounds like he got off scott free to me. So he looses his license and goes and consults somewhere. Poo in Poo out, the judges need to start making the punishment fit the crime. If they did, the next pervert would give it hard thought before they acted like this.

2handymandave(539 comments)posted 3 months, 2 weeks ago

Losing your livelihood indefinitely sounds pretty serious to me. I guess they could have opted to hang him.

3billdog1(1553 comments)posted 3 months, 2 weeks ago

That sounds like a more appropriate punishment to me. I wonder how you would feel about it if it was your daughter or wife; or consider your mother.

4handymandave(539 comments)posted 3 months, 2 weeks ago

It wouldn't make a difference to me. I said what I said and stand behind it. Changing players to me wouldn't make a difference. The severity of the punishment is just.

5JoMarsh(1 comment)posted 3 months, 1 week ago

I was molested by my former male gynecologist too - who would also recommend a breast and vagina exam 'just in case'.

I'm 100% female gyno now and feel much safer - I'm no longer just some piece of flesh to be fondled by a pervert with an education.