Cops say pregnant woman runs over other pregnant woman

Published: Tue, April 29, 2014 @ 12:05 a.m.

Staff report

Youngstown

A 22-year-old city woman is in the Mahoning County jail on $15,000 bond after police say she ran over a pregnant woman at the Valley View Apartments in Youngstown about midnight Saturday.

Takia Wright is also seven months pregnant and was arraigned on a charge of felonious assault Monday in municipal court.

The same man fathered both children the women are carrying, reports said.

Reports said Wright and the victim were arguing in the parking lot when Wright rammed her car into the victim’s car, where the victim’s son was. The victim then stood in front of Wright’s car in an attempt to keep her from leaving, and she ran the woman over then drove away, reports said.

The woman, who is four months pregnant, was taken to St. Elizabeth Health Center and her son was taken to St. Elizabeth by family members, reports said.

As police were gathering information, Wright returned, reports said. She had three children in her car and one of them, a 2-year-old, was taken to St. Elizabeth to be treated for head injuries he sustained when Wright rammed her car into the victim’s car, reports said.

Comments

1Silence_Dogood(1342 comments)posted 4 months, 3 weeks ago

The life and times of sugar daddies and their welfare queens could fill volumes of books with stories like this. All on the taxpayers dime, only in America.

2handymandave(474 comments)posted 4 months, 3 weeks ago

Let's hope the unborn chillen are ok so we can pays for mo.

3kensgirl(605 comments)posted 4 months, 3 weeks ago

This scenario plays out thousands of times in America every day. It's not getting any better either. As long as our govt. hands out welfare to every Tom, Dick and Takia it will never end. Call B.F.I. and have them take out the trash.

4tnmartin(234 comments)posted 4 months, 3 weeks ago

I hate to seem unkind, really. But looking at this mess, and so many like it in the area, one starts to think "Spay and Neuter Clinic".

5handymandave(474 comments)posted 4 months, 3 weeks ago

Idiots creating a new generation of idiots what could be better?

6DwightK(1256 comments)posted 4 months, 3 weeks ago

So this woman has kids in her and rams it into the other woman's car? That's a loving mother right there. Put your kids in danger because you get into an argument.

All over some guy who can't even take responsibility for his kids.

7daar2055(54 comments)posted 4 months, 3 weeks ago

This sounds like a Maury show in the making. This guy cannot be worth fighting about or over. Bet he has kids all over from here to Columbus. Girls have no respect for themselves.

8TermLimits(5 comments)posted 4 months, 3 weeks ago

This organized breeding poverty program needs serious adjustments. Here's an idea, after July1st, no bastard children are eligible for welfare. These baby mama factories will keep their legs closed if there ain't no paycheck.

9walter_sobchak(1910 comments)posted 4 months, 3 weeks ago

I think somebody should ask Cliven Bundy his truthful opinion on this altercation. And the swirl around the drain keeps getting faster.

10gcl(8 comments)posted 4 months, 3 weeks ago

So will she be charged with endangering children? Her own as well as the others? And why put him in jail/prison to feed and house him? isn't it cheaper to pay welfare? While I may mock the suggestion, I admit I have no better solution. Not sure there is a good solution. It's too late to teach morals and ethics. Besides, it's against the law. . .just sayin'

11captainpeewee(66 comments)posted 4 months, 3 weeks ago

they are like the wildebeest in the grate Serengeti the all have there litters in the same time as they can clean up on income tax time and get there dope money at the first of the year '

12borylie(790 comments)posted 4 months, 3 weeks ago

Part of the master democrat plan. Have as many babies born so that not only is the mother on government assistance,chances are the baby will be on government assistance through out it's lifetime. Then the only thing left to do is keep promising some sort of government aid and get their vote,while accusing republicans of trying take away their food and housing. Absentee ballot or drive them to the polls,just get their vote, and without a valid ID. This is why there's a push from the White House to eat broccoli,but rarely mentioned to clean up their acts and quit having babies. Not trying to get into peeing match,just my belief.

13Max(81 comments)posted 4 months, 3 weeks ago

You are so right, borylie. And it's frightening what's happening to this once great country. I truly fear for my future grandchildren. Can't imagine what it'll be like by then.

14borylie(790 comments)posted 4 months, 3 weeks ago

billdog, You're almost right. Many of these types don't vote. This is why the early voting period along with absentee ballots allows others to fill out those ballots or give a six pack to drive them to the polls. More time was needed. There are vans specifically used for getting people to the polls, Yes, both parties can use vans, but guess who's using the vans more often. Why do you think that ID's are used for almost everything in this country, but the democrats are sooo much against ID's when it comes to voting? Any way to have as many potential government dependent people possible and finding ways to get their ballot to the polls is one of the ways to expand their base.

15kensgirl(605 comments)posted 4 months, 3 weeks ago

Can I play the immigrant card??? My people were from Naples and County Mayo. I think because I am a half breed that I should get first pickins on the money doled out to minorities. Plus technically I am considered white. I'll be the first to play the race card. Since I'm white I am now the discriminared against race and I don't know of any money allotted to just whites. Just sayin'.

16jaycat(8 comments)posted 4 months, 3 weeks ago

I work in another county [Portage] in a government office. Every day when the weather is warm and I sit outside I see the parade of the Welfare mothers...no interest in holding their childrens hands...free cellphones that are better than mine...tatted and pierced all up...It makes me so mad to see this as I struggle to help my son pay for his student loans and while he works hard to do the same while raising a young family. Once, during the depths of winter...a Welfare mom got on the elevator as I got to work...it was a bitter day......she looks at me and says "Don't you hate it when you have to come in early for your appointment??"...I just answered..."It's even harder when you have to come in early...to WORK!!"...It sickens me...the way this country is going....

17borylie(790 comments)posted 4 months, 3 weeks ago

jaycat, You're gripe is probably my biggest gripe. Good people working to pay for people who don't know how to work. Until the media exposes what democrat/liberalism is doing to our country, this is going to get a lot worse. Conservatives are painted as uncaring,non-compassionate,selfish and greedy and liberals as the opposites. There's usually one way to success, hard work. Until everybody is doing their share, more and more workers and success minded people will be paying for the people, through taxes, that won't work. Thus the democrat/liberal/socialist plan, more people depending on government (taxpayers) so they can grow their base and get their vote to continue on this path to ruining the greatest country that ever existed.

18HSG(123 comments)posted 4 months, 3 weeks ago

Well, the rethuglican echo-chamber is out in full force I see. Let me remind you that you are the ones closing down Planned Parenthood chapters, voting against people actually making a living wage when they do work, not to mention wanting to deny health coverage that includes any mention of birth control. Don't even get me started on the absolute train wreck that is public education because right wing interests syphon public money for corporate profit. I guess it's much easier to be ignorant - and smug.

19borylie(790 comments)posted 4 months, 3 weeks ago

HSG, I'm glad you're a democrat.

20triciafloyd52(12 comments)posted 4 months, 3 weeks ago

I read the story. no where does it say either mother was on welfare nor does it say the father does not pay support. the legal system should and hopefully will press appropriate charges against those that have committed crimes and violations. hopefully we should also expect children's services to look into the welfare of all the children involved. to those commenting on welfare benefits; are you aware that in ohio you can only receive cash benefits for a total of 3 years in your life? do not believe you can raise children on food stamps with no other benefits. pretty much agree with eivo but most of you need to keep your prejudicial statements to yourselves and research a bit before you speak of what you know nothing about

21motherjones(34 comments)posted 4 months, 2 weeks ago

@tricia... The crime took place at the Valley View apartments.. THE PROJECTS..where you live rent free. It is not just about cash benefits....health benefits... try to get in ohio if you have 3 kids and make just 10.oo bucks an hour.....Food stamps...no job? 3 Kids....hundreds a month in food..which many welfare mothers sell to the highest bidder because they have so many. Have you ever heard of SEction 8 housing? WHat better way to live rent free forever! SSI....my chillen have ADHD can I Check? The queens know the way around the system trust me..just look on YOu tube

22southsidedave(4780 comments)posted 3 months, 4 weeks ago

Momma's baby, daddy's maybe...but still worth some more gov't cheese and other freebies.