Banner Supply buys South Side Annex
The Mahoning County South Side Annex, 2801 Market St., has been purchased for $190,000 by its neighbor, Banner Supply Co., an East Indianola Avenue building supply company, at an auction this morning.
Bidding against Banner was another nearby business, Cyclone Seating, a West Indianola Avenue auto seating company.
A third active bidder, who had been bidding by phone from California, dropped out earlier in the public auction, which was conducted by Auctioneer George Roman of Canfield.
The neighboring non-profit Warriors Inc., 2733 Market St., registered as a bidder, but was inactive.
The minimum bid for the 1957-vintage, two-story 97,232-square-foot annex on a 4.4 acre site was $75,000.
The brick building had been a Sears and Treasure Island department store before housing county offices. The last county agency to leave was the auto title department, which moved to Oakhill Renaissance Place in October 2012.