Comment on a story to join the table talk!
Encouraging kids to get creative in the kitchen is a fun way to make great memories, meals and moments together. And for more than 10 years, Jif has inspired parents to creatively collaborate with their kids in the Jif Most Creative Sandwich Contest for the chance to win a $25,000 college fund. Last year’s top entries ranged from a sweet and spicy sandwich to satisfying snacks and dreamy desserts. Inspire your family with these delicious recipes or check out www.jif.com for even more creative options.
Our most recent champ, 9-year-old Jacob C. from North Carolina, impressed the judges with his savory Mexican-inspired sandwich using Jif Chocolate Flavored Hazelnut Spread.
Get Cooking! This year, your family can be a part of the excitement as Jif launched the 12th Annual Jif Most Creative Sandwich Contest on August 20, 2013. Parents can submit their kid’s creative sandwich recipes using at least two tablespoons of any Jif product (except Jif To Go). Visit www.jif.com for Official Rules and more information. The Jif Most Creative Sandwich Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C. between six and 12 years of age by Nov. 8. Void where prohibited.
Magnificent Mole Chicken Torta Makes: 1 Sandwich
Crisco Original No-Stick Cooking spray
2 tablespoons minced onion
1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons Jif Chocolate Flavored Hazelnut Spread
1/3 cup condensed tomato soup
Juice of half a lime (about 2 tablespoons)
1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon dried cilantro
1/4 cup chopped green chili peppers
3/4 cup pulled rotisserie chicken, heated
1 bolillo roll, sliced lengthwise
1 slice Monterey Jack cheese, halved
3 avocado slices
1/2 cup thinly sliced lettuce
1/8 cup chopped tomato
Dollop of sour cream (optional)
1. Spray small sauce pot generously with no-stick cooking spray; saut minced onion and garlic over medium-high heat until tender.
2. Stir in spread, tomato soup, lime juice, cumin, cilantro and green chili peppers. Bring to a boil and simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Remove sauce from heat. Toss half the sauce with pulled chicken; place mixture on bottom half of roll.
4. Top with cheese slices and place sandwich open-faced under toaster oven or broiler for 2 to 3 minutes until cheese melts. Remove sandwich from oven, and place sliced avocado on top of melted cheese.
5. Add lettuce, tomatoes, dollop of sour cream (optional) and top half of roll. Use remaining sauce as extra or to make another sandwich.