Dellick accused in 2 other road-rage incidents; special prosecutor considered

Published: Thu, October 24, 2013 @ 12:10 a.m.

DEllick accused in 2 other road-rage incidents

photo

Gains

photo

J. Dellick

By Kalea Hall

and Peter H. Milliken

news@vindy.com

YOUNGSTOWN

Download as PDF:
Dellick Boardman Incident

Report of the Boardman Police Department regarding an incident involving John T. Dellick

Download as PDF:
Dellick Austintown Incident

Report of the Austintown Police Department regarding an incident involving John T. Dellick

A special prosecutor may be sought for the aggravated -assault case against John Dellick, son of juvenile court Judge Theresa Dellick.

John Dellick, 19, is charged with the fourth-degree felony after a Friday night road-rage incident in Canfield Township involving Angelo Gomez, 58, of Boardman and his wife.

John Dellick also was involved in two previous road-rage episodes, Boardman and Austintown police reports show, but never faced charges.

“It seems like he doesn’t learn from his mistakes,” Gomez said. “You can’t keep going through life [making mistakes], especially when your parents are public figures.”

Mahoning County Prosecutor Paul Gains said if the attorney general’s office is willing, he’ll then ask the county common pleas court to designate an assistant attorney general to prosecute the John Dellick case.

“We don’t want the public to perceive that John Dellick is being treated more favor- ably or more harshly because his mother is a judge,” Gains said Wednesday. “We try to avoid the appearance of impropriety.”

The latest case is the third time in 16 months that John Dellick was involved in an apparent road-rage case that led to police involvement.

Gomez was stopped at a light Friday night on U.S. Route 224 and Lockwood Boulevard when he saw a young man throw a bottle out the window of his silver Jeep. Gomez yelled at the man, identified as Dellick, for littering. Gomez said Dellick then made an obscene hand gesture and repeatedly hit the brakes in an effort to get Gomez to hit the Jeep. Gomez passed Dellick, and then Dellick’s vehicle struck the back of Gomez’s car, the Mahoning County Sheriff’s Office report says.

“He shoved me off of the road and put [my car] out of control,” Gomez said.

When both cars came to a stop and Gomez and Dellick got out of their cars, Dellick began yelling racial slurs at Gomez and his wife, the report says. Gomez contends Dellick specifically questioned the couple’s citizenship.

“He has no idea who I am,” Gomez said. “I am a U.S. citizen.”

Gomez told police Dellick also told him his mother was a judge.

“I didn’t know the kid from Adam and he came out in a rage saying his mother is a judge,” he added.

Gomez is from Mexico, but has lived in the U.S. for 40 years. His wife is from Peru, and she also is a U.S. citizen. Gomez has operated a local tree-service company for 27 years.

After her son’s arrest, Judge Dellick issued a statement supporting her son’s innocence and questioned the claim of him using racial obscenities since he has Hispanic heritage.

“I just want to make my statement and I am right in what I say, although Mrs. Dellick believes her son was wrongfully accused,” Gomez said. “I don’t think so.”

On June 11, 2012, there was an incident involving 22-year-old Paul Jones of Youngstown. Jones said he was stabbed twice in the back by John Dellick during a fight at the Sun Merchant gas station in Austintown. Jones told police he was driving down Mahoning Avenue when a silver Jeep attempted to cut him off, according to a police report.

Jones then pulled into Sun Merchant and met with the other driver. The argument between them became physical, and the two wrestled on the ground until a store clerk broke up the fight. Jones’ girlfriend attempted to break them up, but she was pushed to the ground by Dellick, according to the Austintown police report. After the fight ended, Jones realized he had two puncture wounds to his back. Jones said one wound almost hit his lungs and the other cut through muscle and tissue.

Dellick also was injured. Police took photos of a cut to his hand, a black eye and a scratch on his face. Dellick refused to complete a statement, answer questions or identify Jones or his girlfriend.

“I definitely want justice,” Jones said Wednesday.

Dellick was never charged in this case because the prosecutor believed there were too many conflicting stories, said Austintown Police Chief Robert Gavalier.

In January of this year, a Poland man told Boardman police that John Dellick pulled out in front of him, swerved in between lanes and attempted to cut him off. While stopped at a red light on Route 224 and South Avenue, Dellick got out of the Jeep and told the man to get out of the car, according to a police report. Dellick then kicked the mirror off of the driver’s car. The driver followed Dellick to get his license-plate number. Dellick then rammed into the driver’s car, according to the report. The driver did not want to pursue criminal charges against Dellick.

Dellick’s attorney, Samuel Amendolara, would not comment on the Austintown or Boardman incidents involving his client.

For the Canfield Township case, Gains said he’ll soon decide whether he wants a special prosecutor to handle the aggravated-assault charge against the judge’s son to avoid any appearance of impropriety. Gains said he’s considering asking the Ohio Attorney General’s Office if it would be willing to assign an assistant attorney general as a special prosecutor.

Assistant county prosecutors on Gains’ staff regularly prosecute in the Canfield court, where Judge Scott Hunter presides and where John Dellick is charged, as well as in Judge Dellick’s juvenile court.

Gains said there was no need for Ken Cardinal, assistant county prosecutor, or Judge Hunter to remove themselves from Tuesday’s initial court appearance for John Dellick because there was no disposition of the alleged road-rage case at that time.

A preliminary hearing is scheduled for 11 a.m. Nov. 22 in the Canfield court to decide whether there’s sufficient evidence to send Dellick’s fourth-degree felony case to the Mahoning County grand jury for possible indictment.

“Between now and then, everybody involved will have had sufficient time to assess this case and determine the need for a visiting judge or a special prosecutor,” Gains said.

Judge Hunter, who is still presiding over the case, did not respond to requests for comment on whether he’ll remove himself and ask for a visiting judge to hear it.

Comments

1RightofLeft(41 comments)posted 1 year ago

Never. As long as the sheeple blindly keep pulling the "D" lever, the Valley will continue to wallow in the cronyism scum pond.

2Crimson1012(66 comments)posted 1 year ago

Those other incidents are everyone else's fault.... Isn't anyone listening to his mom? He is not to blame...

3potmeetkettle(11 comments)posted 1 year ago

Rightofleft,

Judge Dellick is a Republican.

4wgwalsh(3 comments)posted 1 year ago

This young man has some serious anger issues. The first step is admitting that to yourself. Professional help will enable him to identify some of the triggers that cause these types of escalations. The development of positive coping skills could even save his life.

5republicanRick(1215 comments)posted 1 year ago

I have done business with Angelo Gomez and he is an oustanding guy, very honorable.
Why after 2 previous problems did Judge Dellick not take the car away from her son as punishment?
Time to fire her butt right out of a job and put her kid in prison for a time. Both have shown terrible judgement.

6pulaskifarm(26 comments)posted 1 year ago

@ RightofLeft,

Judge Theresa Dellick ,Dellick is a Republican.

Never miss a good chance to shut up. ~Will Rogers

7southsidedave(4805 comments)posted 1 year ago

Another loose cannon on the road....

8Millerh113(134 comments)posted 1 year ago

Obviously the problem is the mother who continually comes to her son's defense --in this case even before the facts are in. This isn't the last time we will see this kid's picture in the Vindy.

9Silence_Dogood(1371 comments)posted 1 year ago

What should have been said.

John's father and myself would first like to apologize to Mr and Mrs Gomez. We would also like to apologize to the man in Austintown that our son stuck with a knife, we hope you are enjoying that extra cash, furthermore we want to apologize to the man that we paid off several months ago who had his car damaged. We are truly sorry for the actions our son has taken.
It has been a very difficult past year for our son , we have tried to get him counseling for his anger issues, but as all parents know, sometimes you just can't reach a child and help them to see the light. We intend to continue to try and find help for our son in every way we can, along that line, we do not wish to cause anyone else harm, therefor we are forced to take away the key's to the car's from little Johnny in the hope that society will be just a little bit safer with our son not on the road causing mayhem.

What was said when read between the lines.

Little Johnny is a victim and he can do no harm. We intend to manipulate the legal system to get the charges against little Johnny dropped, or at least reduced to a first time offense. As all good lawyer's know it is all about gaming the courts so that in the end our son can walk away to drive another day. We also would like you to understand that it is our intent, seeing that this is a "first time" offense, to have all court records sealed from the public, and being a Judge I think that that should be fairly easy for me to pull off.

10kensgirl(634 comments)posted 1 year ago

Hey mrrightsometimes - if that were MY mother she would have kicked my ass. Then when my father got home he would have left a few welts on my legs. Wait a minute, I'm not done. Then my blind Italian grandmother would have somehow find me and whack me with her wooden spoon. After that the neighbors would get a turn not to mention the nuns with their pointers. My generation grew up with discipline. If you committed a crime you'd pay for it dearly. Boo hoo for this little piece of snot. He needs a good smack upside his protected little head and his mom needs lessons in how to parent.

11mrblue(1024 comments)posted 1 year ago

The above comments are very interesting, but we all know what the result will be. Political influence will prevail and this clown will get off with a small fine.

12Post432(2 comments)posted 1 year ago

And this is the problem, WHAT IN GODS GREEN EARTH does a political party have to do with a young adult acting like a fool. People here need to realize that there is a big (reoccurring) problem that has been swept under the rug. On the other hand potmeetkettle & pulaskifarm please explain to me what his mothers political stance has anything to do with this issue? What do democrats not have issues? Everyone does. A man has made a huge mistake and will pay a huge consequence. And also to kensgirl, beating a 19 year old kid will solve absolutely nothing. Wgwalsh hit the nail on the head, this young man does have some serious anger problems. There are many more underlying issues. He will pay (and without a doubt deserves to) the price the price. Just stay on topic.

13potmeetkettle(11 comments)posted 1 year ago

Post432,

I don't know what it has to do with anything. Just added the correct political party for RightofLeft who said this:

14One_Who_Stayed(237 comments)posted 1 year ago

@kensgirl

And if that same situation were replayed today:

1. Your mom would end up explaining her actions to CPS for days and then be forced to attend "effective parenting classes".

2. Dad would end up in jail for at least the weekend for "Domestic Violence".

3. Little Italian Grandmother would probably end up in the cell next to dad.

4. Neighbors would probably wind up being charged with "Child Endangering" or some other such BS charge.

and 5. The nuns would probably get a verbal warning from the Bishop and absolved of all wrong-doing by the Pope (after an extensive investigation - of course).

Not that I disagree with you about ass-kicking discipline, but unfortunately we've collectively created an environment in which it cant be done without risking all of you and your family's future prospects in the process. It's our own damn fault and until we start calling out these dip$hit laws that require charges be filed anytime a kid ends up with a boo-boo, we will continue to see these little entitled boogers repeatedly doing things like this.

Have a nice day!

15Post432(2 comments)posted 1 year ago

@LOL

Growing up I along with many others weren't "put in their place" and yet we aren't acting like a fools. Do people make mistakes? Absolutely. But not to the extent that this alleged felony is. This situation should not EVER be swept under the rug again. I just think that the mothers political views & if the the young man was beaten growing up or not coincides with the issue we are presented with here and now. We would still have the problem.

16bumbob(137 comments)posted 1 year ago

This guy Dellick sounds like a brazen criminal. Pretty simple story.

17walter_sobchak(1949 comments)posted 1 year ago

Gotta agree with kensgirl. My mother would have whomped me good! I was raised in a way that, when considering my actions, made me ask myself this question: "If my mother found out that I did this, would she be mad at me or not?" Not a bad guardrail to have in life. My mother never tried to get me out of a tough situation. In fact, my mother warned me that if I ever got arrested and thrown in jail, don't bother calling her because she was not coming to bail me out. This should give a young man pause. But, quite honestly, this kid appears to be a spoiled punk that needs to try this with someone a little crazier than he is that will pound some respect in to him. Hopefully he won't be killed in the process but that is a risk he appears to have no problem taking.

18harleydog(217 comments)posted 1 year ago

Obviously the kid had no discipline growing up and had a mother that babied him and covered for him and all his shenanigans. He will never change unless his mother, judge or not, makes him stand on his own two feet. He already has a reputation in Canfield for his behavior and using his mother as a judge to bail him out every time he is in trouble. The mother is just as guilty as the son for his behavior. By the way, she walks around like she is better than everyone else and has the most arrogant attitude. I have seen her at the y and in restaurants and she acts like a total b.......

19DwightK(1287 comments)posted 1 year ago

Three words..."Mental health evaluation"

20concerned(173 comments)posted 1 year ago

I wonder what medications John has been placed on over his life? His mother is a big fan of medicating kids that come through her court. I believe her drug of choice is Ritalin. She really took an attitude that it was the answer for kids who suffer from that invisible and all too common diagnosis of ADHD.

If I was his attorney I would be looking into any mental diagnoses and drugs he has been given in his lifetime.

Time and time again we see psych meds associated with all kinds of acts of violence. Dr. Peter Breggin is a reform psychiatrist who has written numerous books and articles on the association.

Sadly, if John's anger issues would have been properly dealt with after his first road rage incident this family would not be the top news story every day.

21grg019(34 comments)posted 1 year ago

Once again ppl some of your comments are good. Like kensgirl man do I agree with you! The problem is people in power brain washes us and themselves into believing that physical discipline is abuse. SUCH BULL! I wasn't a criminal but one of my siblings were and my mom would say..." the police better get you before i do" and that alone was enough to make him straighten up. Don't get me wrong, we never suffered broken bones, bruises, or things teachers could report, just good ol fashoned ass whippings, and to this day has made me a better person. I don't care if your a judge, cop, or president! Children should be taught right from wrong. And I feel if parents should be punished for discipline, then hell, TELL THE JUDGE TO RAISE THEM!

22anthonyjames(17 comments)posted 1 year ago

my 2 cents .. i think it sounds like drugs could very well be involved causing the behavior. His mother is doing him no favors, only chance he has to get on track is a little trip to prison to open his eyes..then his mother can visit him there and maybe open her eyes too.

23DwightK(1287 comments)posted 1 year ago

If you have to resort to hitting your kids to make them listen, you're not the great parent you think you are and neither were your parents.

24dontbeafool(1031 comments)posted 1 year ago

@Right of left. Open mouth, insert foot. I was going to make you look stupid, but you did it on your own. This has nothing to do with politics, and everything to do with my parents have power and I think I can do whatever I want to do with no consequences. Put him in a cell with Bubba for a few months and lets see how tough he is.

25outoftownbutstillaround(16 comments)posted 1 year ago

Children need to learn to make good decisions on their own, NOT out of fear of being hit!

Many of you believe hitting teaches right from wrong, but it only teaches that those "in the right" can use violence to punish the "wrong". He thinks he is right so attacking others is justified. Instead of putting in time and effort to help their son deal with conflict, his parents probably hit him or appeased him.

Y'all really think these Valley thugs we read about in the paper everyday weren't being hit as children? Really? Take a class or something…or at least read a study.

26dontbeafool(1031 comments)posted 1 year ago

out of town. There is a difference in being hit for abuse, and being hit to teach a lesson or for corrective action. Do you smack a kid's hand who is about to touch a hot stove after being told not to, or do you let him burn/scar his hand and let him learn on his own? Whenever a thought of bad action came into my head, I always thought about what the belt was going to feel like on my behind if I got caught. I never felt abused because a conversation followed the corrective action along with a hug. Sometimes a time out just doesn't cut it.

27vindyreader212(1 comment)posted 1 year ago

Screw Theresa AND her kid! They are BOTH what's wrong w/society, even though that's been said by all the fine people w/common sense. I do find it funny (ha ha ha) that as tough as this kid thinks he is he gets into altercations in the suburbs. No disrespect, I know a few people in canfield, boardman, austintown who can more than handle themselves, I'm simply saying this bum is nothing more than a bully. Cross the border into youngstown w/that attitude & his piece of trash mother will be burying him not keeping him out of jail. Sad but its true & he knows it. Let's see how he likes fighting in the county.

28pulaskifarm(26 comments)posted 1 year ago

He's just acting the way he learned. like a football player...

We all love this behavior on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Get this ef'n game out of our schools.

To many games in schools.

Schools are for thinking.

29Bozz11(6 comments)posted 1 year ago

Don't need people like this in our society. Can't wait till he rages on someone with CCW

30kensgirl(634 comments)posted 1 year ago

Hey Dwight- you don't think my parents were good ones? They taught me how to respect the law and to respect others. They were GREAT parents and I was so lucky to have had them. Without their guidance and love I probably would have ended up a little snot like Dellick. Watch what you say about others. Karma's a bitch pal.

31sameolhub(56 comments)posted 1 year ago

This punk kid needs to be charged with attempted vehicular homicide, for running people off the road, attempted murder, for the stabbing, and if he was anyone else's kid, the police departments that took these reports would have pressed those charges themselves. You gotta love Mahoning County. I can't wait until he gets off again, goes into a rage with someone who introduces his face to the fenders of his jeep a few times, and the shines their shoes on his head. Then maybe this 2 bit punk will learn a lesson...,......

32dontbeafool(1031 comments)posted 1 year ago

Pulaski, football has NOTHING to do with this story at all. Sounds like maybe you couldn't make the team in High School???

33Silence_Dogood(1371 comments)posted 1 year ago

Susie don't waste your breath on Dwight, he will never understand the meaning of Proverbs 13:24.

34vinglass(240 comments)posted 1 year ago

Why does Dellick keep getting re-elected without any opposition?? Could it maybe be because Betras won't put up a democrat challenger to her, ever since she gave a plush $63,000 job in her court to Betras's brother-in-law (James Barkett)......The cronyism goes on...and on...and on

35kurtw(914 comments)posted 1 year ago

If the kid keeps it up, he's going to encounter someone with 357 Mag tucked under his front seat- with a hair-trigger temper to match. It's just a question of time- I just hope he gets straightened out before he loses his life. He doesn't deserve to die just because his Judge Mommie is an a--hole.

36kurtw(914 comments)posted 1 year ago

Thanks Vindy for constraining my salty language! The world may be going to hell in a hand-basket, global warming (if it's true) may eventually flood Miami Beach and Fresno, Ca.- and the Universe may be winding down like a tired old clock- but, at least , I can't get away with using the "A" word on your website.

God's in His Heaven and All's right with the World.

37kurtw(914 comments)posted 1 year ago

Kensgirl and others in this thread use the words "parents" (plural) to describe the circumstances surrounding this incident.

From everything I've been able to gather reading this story (and, admittedly, I know little of the Judge's background- other than the fact she's a political hack)- Theresa Dellick was, is, a single mother- Murphy Brown style. Maybe that's the problem- Chickens coming home to roost.

38taxme(345 comments)posted 1 year ago

Vindyreader. I think he probably is getting his drugs in Youngstown. They probably like him in Youngstown.

39pulaskifarm(26 comments)posted 1 year ago

@ dontbeafool,
who discredits the mention of inherent evils of gridiron football.

Is not football a game the young-man played?
Is not football a game in which aggression is encouraged?
Is it possible that this promotes aggression in some players personalities?

40pulaskifarm(26 comments)posted 1 year ago

Causation theories found in comments but not mentioned in article:

bad parenting
drugs
entitlement
kids live what they learn
Karma
not being hit enough at home
lack of proper meds
lack of mental evaluation
cronyism's spons weakness
lack of coping skills
he's just a loose sub-urban bazooka
watched to much Mad Max movies
suffers of grandeur delusions
society can no longer self police itself due to PC ness
just a brazen criminal
spoiled punk that needs are carving
Pro 13:24
single mom
lack of proper discipline
video games.

41endthismess(321 comments)posted 1 year ago

This "goon-a-tic" Delllick should have been dealt with from the get go....a few years back. Sooooooo, why the special treatment before? Should have been at juvy hall to begin with. Say mommy..how'd ya feel if this little menace punkie kid of YOURS would have killed someone....with his little knife? You own this ya know. Mommy, you been under the microscope before...you turn...again. Shame on YOU for not getting this social misfit of your own kid some help. Step down from you job. You got some "splaining" to do here.

42ncguy444(3 comments)posted 1 year ago

Why do you people think this angry young "turd", I mean road rager does not have a male parental unit. It really is not that hard to find out he has a prominent father also. I love the latest news release of is carrying on at YSU, causing the YSU police to be called a few weeks ago after Mommy wanted to take his car away. In the defense of Mom she did try the one time.

43lumper(284 comments)posted 1 year ago

if he gets felony charges reduced to misdemeanors, i would scream racism, since you know if he were black he'd never get a felony reduced to a misdemeanor.

44endthismess(321 comments)posted 1 year ago

Hey lumper...really....must you drag that sorry old turd in the punch bowl in about.....RACE. Really??? Go to bed.

45shangrila(1 comment)posted 1 year ago

This young man’s treatment of his victim and law enforcement rings familiar. It would appear as if the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. I don’t know Judge Theresa Dellick’s son but unfortunately I crossed paths with her and that was enough. Theresa Dellick is about intimidation and she enjoys treating people in a subservient manner. That doesn’t even include the people that come before her in court. The judge’s quote: “I have always tried to treat others with respect and consideration” is far from true. I know firsthand how poorly she treats people without explanation or provocation. She can only hope that no one treats her family in the indignant and irrational manner in which she’s treated endless former and current employees. Similar to her son, Theresa never understood nor cared about the depth and repercussions of her actions.

It’s alarming that Mr. Dellick showed little deference to a police officer and was involved in a prior incident involving a knife. How can Judge Dellick contend this: “In regard to my son, we believe he has been wrongfully charged and his attorney is prepared to contest it” and in the same breath say she did not have firsthand knowledge of what occurred at the scene. Let’s not overlook that ridiculous statement the Judge made about her son’s “Hispanic heritage." In her case, saying less is more. It’s difficult to believe the judge’s assertion about not wanting special treatment. She already received special treatment by making a statement on behalf of her ADULT son. Why did she say anything at all? Damage control to maintain a good public image may be more important to this Judge than controlling the damage her son has caused to others.

46dontbeafool(1031 comments)posted 1 year ago

@pulaski. U are kidding right? Many play HS football and are upstanding citizens. It is the equivalent to saying that all farmers are full of rage because they were taught to slaughter animals at a young age. I guess all military vets are bad too. They are taught to be aggressive. U make no sense.

47soccermomrules(3 comments)posted 1 year ago

I don’t see this Gomez guy as a “victim”. The cop tried to support the charge by saying Gomez was afraid. If so, why didn’t Gomez turn around and go in the other direction. Gomez’ own statement is that he passed Dellick, cut him off, and then chased him. He is in his 50s.

I also didn’t read Judge Dellick’s comment to say her son had no responsibility, just that it is the wrong charge. It appears the other driver probably braked in retaliation and caused this accident.

48dontbeafool(1031 comments)posted 1 year ago

@soccermom..... And the stabbings and other incidents??? Just because you are afraid doesn't mean you have to coward and run.

4976Ytown(1262 comments)posted 1 year ago

soccermom... "why didn’t Gomez turn around and go in the other direction. Gomez’ own statement is that he passed Dellick, cut him off, and then chased him. He is in his 50s."

Sorry, but I didn't read anything that said he cut Dellick off and chased him.

If my family were driving down the road and saw someone litter, I might have said something too. If the person was belligerent, I also would have driven past the driver but would never consider "turning around and going the other direction".

Dellick was the aggressor in this case. After he repeatedly hit the brakes hoping the driver would hit him, the driver just drove around to continue on his way. That's when Dellick hit the back of Gomez’s car. "He shoved me off of the road and put [my car] out of control,” Gomez said.

Still think the other driver was not a victim?

50kurtw(914 comments)posted 1 year ago

Soccermom is a lie-down and play dead pacifist pure and simple!

Turn around and drive in the other direction- who's going to do that? Dellick was the aggressor in this as in the other two incidents- the record is clear.

I wonder if Soccermon isn't a member of the Dellick family or somebody who works in Theresa's Court and wants to suck up- sounds like it to me- judging by her twisting of the facts.

51handymandave(539 comments)posted 1 year ago

The kid's an idiot period. Mom needs to quit covering for him, get him the mental health he desperately needs and hopefully the little jack ass will improve with time. His depression issues do not give him carte blanc for being and acting like an idiot towards other people though. Get him help quickly mom. He's going to confront the wrong person eventually and end up in a nice horizontal box.

52bikerdadbmw(12 comments)posted 1 year ago

Clearly a Judgment should have been rendered at home a long time ago! We wouldn't been subjected to this continuing behavior publicly now. Madam up and parent your child!

53pulaskifarm(26 comments)posted 1 year ago

@ don't be a fool.............................and all of us.

Yes there is plenty of aggression in farming and military.
But Farming and military are JOBS,

and football is a game.

This is a huge difference.

Getting pleasure from being aggressive is inane.

In football, , the the ubiquity of aggression can in varying degrees encourage some players towards conduct disorders, delinquency and criminal behavior.
(Dellick ?)

I will not support overt aggression sports.
The short list:
WWW
Cage-fighting
Cockfights, All blood sports
Boxing
Extreme Sports
and
as of the last 20 years gridiron football.

Modern football is not our fathers football.

54dontbeafool(1031 comments)posted 1 year ago

It is okay for you to not like aggressive sports, but you cannot blame Dellicks actions on them. They are no way related. I think most would agree that parenting and his drug use are the biggest factors of his actions.

55uptowngirl(115 comments)posted 1 year ago

I do not agree with the Judge's or her son's actions. Chasing someone down for littering is just insane. I will have litter all over my yard from the neighbors not securing their recycling. If you want to be a good citizen get the license number of the litter offender and give it to the police. Of course they are not going to do anything. The police have better things to do. Mr. Gomez has responsibility for this to. I think he knew who Dellick was and targeted him. Such a waste of the taxpayers money in this case. Personally, I would have given Gomez the finger and drove on.

5676Ytown(1262 comments)posted 1 year ago

uptowngirl: OMG! Where have you been? I'll fill you in on what happened:

On Oct. 18. Angelo Gomez, 58, of Boardman was with his wife stopped at a light on U.S. Route 224 and Lockwood Boulevard when he said he saw John Dellick throw a bottle out of the window of his silver Jeep. Gomez yelled at Dellick for littering, and then Dellick started to repeatedly hit the brakes in an attempt to get Gomez to hit him, Gomez said. Gomez went around Dellick and then Dellick rammed into the back of Gomez’s car. When both men got out of their cars, Gomez says Dellick yelled racial slurs at him and his wife and questioned their citizenship.

Judge Theresa Dellick contended her son was wrongly charged in the case in a statement she released after he was charged.

In two other road rage incidents with complete strangers, he stabbed a man in the back and yet another, he beat a 61 year old man and kicked him.

From my post in another article:

This "kid" (loosely...he's 19 years old) has a pattern of aggression. Not just mouthing off, but physical aggression towards complete strangers. In any one of the situations mentioned, someone could have been killed. The stabbing of the guy at the gas station, running the family off the road, and punching and kicking a 61 year old man, not including threats to kill his mother.

His mother came to his defense but for her to say he was wrongfully charged was quite a stretch and for her to use her position to shield him from punishment is an outcry.

57Bplus(103 comments)posted 1 year ago

@Pulaskifarmer...What extreme sport is "WWW"?? World wide web? Whack off. Don't be gay, these sports do not attribute to this type of behavior; Being a spoiled little girly boy with mental issues does...ALSO, More military guys "crack" and hurt innocent people more than any athlete who would fall into one of your "categories". I agree it is a job, but most people in the military act like it is a "way of life", and if you ever noticed, most kids that go into the military come back and act super aggresive and think they are super tough, so...And, most athletes in the sports you name, except "Cock Fights" (ridiculous choice by the way), obviously, don't act overly aggresive outside of their sport. The football players that get in trouble usually were idiots before they played football, so it doesn't really go away. Ok enough said;

This kid is a grade A moron. Violent offenders, especially repeat, need locked up. PERIOD. Isn't that who the penal system was invented for, people who can't co-exist with other human beings without hurting them? Who cares his mom is some little kid judge, I seriously doubt her political pull is that strong...she is a woman after all :P
But, yeah, lock this kid up.

58Bplus(103 comments)posted 1 year ago

Is PulaskiFarmer WhiteSabbath? Is that the same person? His spelling and stupid points of view wreak of WhiteSabbath..."Spon", wtf? Did you mean to write "Spawn"?

"Schools are for thinking"...LOL
I THINK you FORGOT to go...

59kurtw(914 comments)posted 1 year ago

Where's "Daddy" Dellick? Or isn't there one- maybe that's the problem. Boy's who grow up without the guiding- and punishing- hand of a male parent- well, that's how they end up- out of control. Young Dellick is no different than the Black Punks Theresa coddles in her courtroom- except for money and political connections.

60pulaskifarm(26 comments)posted 1 year ago

@ Bplus(99 comments),

Excuse my spelling,

Spon should be spawn
(u probably figured that out, why beat me about)

WWW should be WWWF
(u probably figured that out why beat me about)

Namaste

Given,

You believe aggression taught through jobs,such as The Military often carries over into private life.

It Follows,

To believe that aggression from all sources, particularly aggressive forms of play/entertainment done by choice carries over into one's personality is not difficult.

In fact its these self-aggrandizing sources of aggression that harmfully change people.

Choices reveal much.

Choose your love. Love your choice.”
― Thomas S. Monson

True for all people and all choices
poisonous or succourable.

61kurtw(914 comments)posted 1 year ago

for: Pulaskifarm

Nice comment! I love the style. Did you ever think of a career writing menus for restaurants?

By the time everybody figured out what was being offered- they'd lose their appetite, everybody would lose weight and it would help solve the obesity epidemic in this country.

62pulaskifarm(26 comments)posted 1 year ago

For kurtw,

Binder-dundat

LeRoy, 'The Sommelier' went bust, smashed my teeth.

Deaf patrons heard nails on c-board.

xLAX groov'n on the Y'town love-cure.

63Bplus(103 comments)posted 1 year ago

@Kurtw, that comment brightened my morning, I was lmao!

@Pulaski...maybe I was a little harsh, BUT I still don't know what WWWF is, sorry. Namaste : \

64steelwagon(284 comments)posted 1 year ago

I'd never advocate beating an unruly child to a pulp but a good old fashion butt warming isn't a bad thing when needed.

Those of you who think it's such a terrible crime to spank a kid let me ask the following,,,,,,,,

Are young people as respectful and polite as they were a few generations ago when spanking was a common punishment for bad behavior ?

Has the time out chair worked out well ?
Has mom and dad being a kids friend and buddy benefited young people ?
Or were our kids better off when mom and dad's main job was to guide and parent and let other kids be the friends and pals ?

Has handing out awards to every kid in the school so we don't damage anyones self esteem taught our kids anything ?
Is that really fair to the kids who go to school,study,work hard and make every effort to get good grades and do well ?

Or was it better to teach our kids if they want awards they have to work for them and make every effort possible to achieve their goals ?

This blameless society where everybody wins does nothing to teach our kids how the real world operates.
Yes self esteem is important but it's just like respect.
You have to work for it and earn it and that's the lesson we should be teaching our kids.

An undisciplined,self important child with a huge sense of entiltment grows up to become a frustrated failure as an adult who can't cope with real life.

65Askmeificare(700 comments)posted 1 year ago

Come on folks, Here's what I think:

Theresa Dellick should not get re-elected and that may then put an end to the sense of entitlement her girly girl weak minded bullying mentality son has.

My additional opinion is the public comments from Theresa Dellick clearly shows she is having grandiose visions and that invites investigating her ability to handle legal proceedings.

With so many GOOD PEOPLE wanting a chance to do the public a positive service, shouldn't we take the Dellick trash to the curb once and for all?!

If you don't re-elect Theresa Dellick then you get rid of the many problems her son is bringing to our communities.

Think about it.

66uptowngirl(115 comments)posted 1 year ago

Dellick must be defeated if she runs again. If you cannot manage your own family, you certainly cannot be unbiased in handling the problems of the youth in the community. She has obviously not made good decisions regarding setting boundaries or finding competent professional help for her son. As juvenile court judge she has access to data regarding the best professionals in the community. Shame on her for not taking any actions to help her son become a productive and respected citizen.

67dontbeafool(1031 comments)posted 1 year ago

@Bplus.... I tried arguing with Pulaski, but got tired. I think he is growing some "special crops" on his farm.
@ Pulaski I'm going to help you out. It is WWF, the World Wrestling Federation. I hope you do realize that it is fake. Oh, I hope I didn't ruin it for you.

68bumslife(28 comments)posted 1 year ago

Nobody cares what I think, BUT every judge in the US should serve at least 72 hours in their jails incognito. Every "hard time" advocate should do the same.

Judges kid? If he goes to jail or prison, his family will provide him enough monies for commissary goodies to have a pretty easy stretch. He won't learn anything except how better to get away with other crimes.

69dawn421(265 comments)posted 1 year ago

He needs to stay in jail, but we all know the fear of retaliation by the judge, and the rest of the bunch will set him free.