facebooktwitterRSS
- Advertisement -
  • Most Commentedmost commented up
  • Most Emailedmost emailed up
  • Popularmost popular up
- Advertisement -
 

« News Home

Space heater may have caused fire on Bears Den Road



Published: Thu, October 17, 2013 @ 11:45 a.m.

Space heater may have caused fire on Bears Den Road

YOUNGSTOWN

A fire at a West Side home about 12:20 p.m. Wednesday caused $7,000 in damage, fire reports show.

Crews were called to 2852 Bears Den Road and found light smoke showing when they arrived. Firefighters found a blaze in a back bedroom that they managed to put out.

The homeowner told firefighters he had left about 9 a.m. and when he returned about 12:15 a.m. he noticed the house was filled with smoke and he called 911. Reports said the homeowner told firefighters he was not sure if he turned off his portable electric space heater before he left, and that the heater had been tripping the breaker a lot recently.

Firefighters found the heater tipped over onto the carpet and the fire was contained to that area, reports said. The cause is listed as accidental. No one was injured.


Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.


News
Opinion
Entertainment
Sports
Marketplace
Classifieds
Records
Discussions
Community
Help
Forms
Neighbors

HomeTerms of UsePrivacy StatementAdvertiseStaff DirectoryHelp
© 2014 Vindy.com. All rights reserved. A service of The Vindicator.
107 Vindicator Square. Youngstown, OH 44503

Phone Main: 330.747.1471 • Interactive Advertising: 330.740.2955 • Classified Advertising: 330.746.6565
Sponsored Links: Vindy Wheels | Vindy Jobs | Vindy Homes