Home Depot loss prevention thwarts wire theft

Published: Tue, November 19, 2013 @ 10:42 a.m.

Home Depot loss prevention thwarts wire theft

A Niles woman was arrested on Monday following the theft of two rolls of electrical wire from Home Depot.

Boardman police took Michelle Rafferty, 30, of Woodland Chase Boulevard, into custody after a loss prevention officer at Home Depot on Southern Boulevard stopped her. Loss prevention told police they saw her with two rolls of wire in her purse.

Rafferty was with a man during the theft and gave police his name. Loss prevention believe the man got away with some electric wire; he has not been arrested.

Rafferty was released on a summons. Her arraignment has not been set.

Comments

1123goz(452 comments)posted 4 months, 3 weeks ago

Is this 'news' because HD usually lets shop lifters go free?
Walmart, Kmart and the rest stop people everyday.

2gdog4766(1250 comments)posted 4 months, 3 weeks ago

This woman trying to steal from the mouths of the stockholders and must be punished severely. She is cutting into any possible dividends or possibly delaying any stock splits that might occur. Do you know how many coils of wire they have to sell to pay those low wages. I'm sorry I'm too upset to continue. The horrors corporate America must endure.

3walter_sobchak(1746 comments)posted 4 months, 3 weeks ago

gdog,
Your frontal lobes have been found; it appears they we squarely planted in your rectum.

4gdog4766(1250 comments)posted 4 months, 3 weeks ago

Yeah I have decided to come over to the dark side. Letting go of compassion, empathy, guilt and any sense of caring is so freeing. I mean now I see what Ted Cruz is getting at. Canadian,Cubans obviously know better. And Sarah Pahlin is now actually making sense to me now. Just this morning I took my meds for my non-work related back injury and can now see Russia from my house. It's like nirvana.

5123goz(452 comments)posted 4 months, 3 weeks ago

And another thing, "thwarts wire theft" in the headline. It was in her purse, how much could there have been? It's made to sound as though they were getting away with a couple big rolls like First Energy would be stringing along poles. I know, stealing is stealing, not saying they should walk.
There are much bigger fish being caught every day elsewhere. This is after the mall shop lifter story of last week. Trying to make it sound uninviting to the hoods that frequent Boardman?

6auntiem4cabs(113 comments)posted 4 months, 3 weeks ago

I have done seasonal work at HD as well as Tarjay and neither place allows you to apprehend shoplifters. smh. I say tackle the son of a biscuits and hold them til the police show up. I am sick of criminals having the upperhand.