Akron Children's in Boardman gets $2 million MRI project

Published: Tue, November 19, 2013 @ 11:03 a.m.

Akron Childrens in Boardman gets $2 million MRI project

BOARDMAN

Akron Children's Hospital Mahoning Valley today received a new state of the art MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) that was placed by crane in a special modular building designed for the piece of equipment. The equipment weighs 10,000 pounds and the whole unit will be up and running by the end of the year. The full project cost, including the MRI and construction as well as an anesthesia suite, was $2 million, hospital officials said today.

This MRI expands access to diagnostic imagery that supports clinical applications in neurology, orthopedics, body imaging, cardiology and fetal, said Michael Rubin, chairman of Akron Childrens Hospital in Akron department of radiology.

Comments

1gdog4766(1387 comments)posted 7 months, 3 weeks ago

That money could be put to much better use, like luxury rooms for people who can pay more.

2loyalshorty(2 comments)posted 7 months, 3 weeks ago

so people that could afford more should get better rooms? So many people get transferred or referred to the Akron location because this location doesn't have as high tech equipment to diagnose some things.

3gdog4766(1387 comments)posted 7 months, 3 weeks ago

Yeah, think about it. If I have more money than you I deserve better. If I can afford better insurance, I should be treated better. See I have decided to think like a republican. It makes life so much easier. You throw out empathy, guilt, compassion and sense of equality. Life becomes so much easier. Look at me, I hurt my back recently, but because I can afford good insurance life doesn't suck. You can't afford good medical insurance it sucks to be you. This attitude is so freeing.

4loyalshorty(2 comments)posted 7 months, 3 weeks ago

I have excellent insurance, and I am financially stable to where I can afford nice things. We are talking about a children's hospital here. A child doesn't choose the life they are given, and no one has control of what life throws at them. One uncontrollable set back in life can financially destroy a family ie a child getting cancer, having an accident that puts them in the hospital for months where a parent has to quit working etc. I hope your life stays easy for you because I'm not too sure you would be able to handle the hardships some face in life!

5Sparky(165 comments)posted 7 months, 3 weeks ago

Loyalshorty since you only have minimal previous posts you'll learn very quickly that gdogs only purpose on these blogs is to insult, blame Kasich and the republicans for everything and try to bully her way around the real topic. Her attempts at sarcasm leave much to be desired also. Don't get sucked in.