South Side man gets 10-year prison term for manslaughter
A 21-year-old East Lucius Avenue man has been sentenced to 10 years in prison after he pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter with a firearm specification in the death of a 19-year-old Youngstown man Feb. 15, 2012.
Judge Lou A. D’Apolito of Mahoning County Common Pleas Court imposed the sentence earlier this week on Lamont McQueen in the shooting death of Cedric Robinson.
In a plea deal, the prosecution reduced the murder charge to involuntary manslaughter and dropped two felonious-assault counts.
Police said McQueen admitted shooting Robinson after the two were tussling in the driveway at McQueen’s home.
Officers said they found Robinson lying face up at the end of the driveway and unresponsive, while McQueen paced nervously from one side of the driveway to the other.
McQueen led police to the gun used in the shooting, which was in the garage of a nearby house.
McQueen, who will get credit for the 396 days he already has been jailed, has no prior criminal record. He will be on parole for five years after his prison term.