Small fire extinguished at The Vindicator

YOUNGSTOWN — The Vindicator's production building on Front Street was evacuated for about an hour today due to an electrical fire in an air handling unit.

By 3 p.m., employees had returned to work.

The fire was extinguished chiefly by the automatic sprinkler system in the press area, company officials said.

Units from the city fire department arrived within seconds of the alarms going off at the downtown facility.

Damage was thought to be contained to the air handling unit, though an assessment of the area in underway by newspaper management.

Watch Vindy.com for details.

Don't Miss a Story

Sign up for our newsletter to receive daily news directly in your inbox.