Woman arrested in North Side pool dispute

Published: Wed, July 17, 2013 @ 12:03 a.m.

north side pool

By Joe Gorman

jgorman@vindy.com

youngstown

An East Auburndale Avenue woman was booked into the Mahoning County jail after reports said she refused to pay entry into North Side Pool early Monday evening and then refused requests to leave.

Natisha Lee, 37, was booked into the jail for the charges of criminal trespass and resisting arrest.

She is expected to be arraigned in municipal court today.

Reports said Lee went to the pool on Belmont Avenue with her two older children about 6:10 p.m. and paid for their admission but refused to pay for her own.

The pool manager asked Lee to leave but she refused, reports said.

Reports said she told the manager there would be trouble if she was not allowed into the pool area, reports said.

Lee managed to get inside and was asked to leave but again refused, reports said.

A security guard then tried to escort her out and also asked for help from the city police officer who was working there.

The woman told the officer she was swimming, but the officer told her she had to leave and if she would not, she would be arrested.

When Lee said there were no grounds to arrest her, the officer told her she was under arrest for criminal trespass, reports said.

The officer tried to handcuff her, but Lee tried to pull away and she had to be wrestled to the ground to be handcuffed, reports said.

Comments

1Crazygal05(11 comments)posted 11 months, 4 weeks ago

More of that entitlement people carry around...I have the right to do as I please...don't have to pay like everyone else, I deserve better than that..I dare you...it's that way everywhere now but why not look at this pathetic country, helping all other countries before we help ours...we need welfare reform and SSI reformed...to many free programs they want it all free...

2youngstown615(96 comments)posted 11 months, 4 weeks ago

What kind of example does this set for her children & the others swimming at the pool ? This is a shame & i hope the court puts in her place.

3Knightcap(672 comments)posted 11 months, 4 weeks ago

Sounds like racism to me. She needs to call out for the justice brothers Jackson and Sharpy.

4ohioption(47 comments)posted 11 months, 4 weeks ago

This story seems incorrect. The woman claimed she was swimming????? Is this accurate? Or did she claim she was NOT swimming. Only her children were swimming and she was there as a parent looking out for their safety. I think there is a legal term for this. In Latin it is "Parentis in Locus". I think the city and police need to recheck her intent and if that was her purpose, then criminal trespass is not correct. Every parent has the right to safeguard his or her child.

5Dagwood(110 comments)posted 11 months, 4 weeks ago

HAHAHAHAH...the old "I'm just here to watch, not swim". Nice try lady.

I believe admission for her was $2.00 and $1.00 for each kid.

What a waste of tax dollars and time on city police. If you cant afford $4.00, stay home and get the garden hose out or better yet wait for it to rain.

6kensgirl(570 comments)posted 11 months, 4 weeks ago

Entitlement is right. I'd bet my last dollar she didn't even go near the water. What a poor example of a mother. Sad thing is there are ten thousand more just like her.

7Harley_Guy(106 comments)posted 11 months, 4 weeks ago

10,000 more?!? Hmm let's see; 314 million people in the US as of 2012, over half voted for the government to take care of them and give them "entitlements" and half of those are probably "entitled" mothers ... that puts the 10,000 figure closer to 78 MILLION!!!!!

8lonniejo634(3 comments)posted 11 months, 4 weeks ago

Now this is what you call a true LOW LIFE, a disgrace! How would you like to be her neighbor! She need to be put under the jail!

9JMHO(133 comments)posted 11 months, 4 weeks ago

Now I WONDER where she would have gotten that "entitlement" attitude? Thanks to all of you who voted for this commie race baiting administration.

10brokeanddontcare(9 comments)posted 11 months, 4 weeks ago

I am so tired of hearing the racist stuff. I dont get things the way I want so the first thing to say is Oh it must be because Im black. All the stuff in the 18 hundreds I had nothing to do with. Blacks alive today had nothing to do with it. Please get over it.

11steelwagon(284 comments)posted 11 months, 4 weeks ago

How dare they expect this woman to pay her way ?
Don't these fools know she's entitled to free services anywhere for life ?
Shame on those overbearing s.o.b.s' harassing and picking on one of the
"less fortunate"

Her landlord,the utility companies,the grocer and her doctor wouldn't dream of asking for or expecting her to pay so who the hell do these greedy pool jerks think they are ??!!

I sure hope legal aid steps in on her behalf and files a big fat discrimination suit against those rats for picking on one of societies "less fortunate"
And those poor kids .....dear God I certainly hope they aren't tramatized by anyone expecting momma to pay !!

You just know she's worked so hard to teach those kids the way the real entitlement system works and now these scumbags throw a monkey wrench into those valuable life lessons by demanding payment..OUTRAGEOUS,AGGRECIOUS,ARBITRARY,CAPRICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only fair thing to do is to fire those two employed bullies and slam their working behinds on the public dole so they can see how tough the "less fortunate" really have it !!

Let's just see how they like sleeping or laying around until 2-3 pm everyday on their ever expanding butts,then having to get up and drive down to Mickey D's and spend their own public gifted cash super sizeing everybodys' meal knowing darn good and well those 32 oz barrels of soda just won't be enough to wash down that 4 pound triple,double,quad thick cut bacon with extra cheese hind quarter mini burger......

Ohhh the trials and burdens of the "less fortunate" !!
They just never seem to end
It's enough to make me raise my hand and 6 inch multi color nails,start bobbing my head and screaming the most vile,filthy language I know.......another life lesson taught...

12Silence_Dogood(1305 comments)posted 11 months, 4 weeks ago

I wonder if she is a Democrat or Republican?
What do you think?

13Crazygal05(11 comments)posted 11 months, 4 weeks ago

Neither, she doesn't vote, unless it hurts da welfare check...good one steelwagon...gotta stop..we hope sooner than later