Woman sues Mill Creek MetroParks over leg fracture

Published: Mon, July 1, 2013 @ 3:00 p.m.

YOUNGSTOWN — A Canfield woman, who said she suffered a leg fracture after stepping into a deep hole hidden by grass along a gravel service road on the Mill Creek MetroParks Farm, has sued the MetroParks and Mahoning County for more than $25,000.

The lawsuit, which demands a jury trial, was filed Friday by Mary Moskalik, of Cool Road, who said her injury occurred June 30, 2011, causing her to incur $52,654 in medical bills due to the park district’s negligence.

Mill Creek MetroParks leases the educational farm from the county.

MetroParks Treasurer Kevin Smith said the park system’s insurance company is aware of the claim, and the company’s lawyers will handle it, if necessary.

For the complete story, read Tuesday's Vindicator and Vindy.com

Comments

1twentyonetwelve(93 comments)posted 9 months, 2 weeks ago

What a moron. Be more aware of your surroundings.

2vinglass(221 comments)posted 9 months, 2 weeks ago

Not a dime, and make her sue-happy lawyer liable for the legal expenses

3rickking123(247 comments)posted 9 months, 2 weeks ago

Glad to see the milk of human kindness flows forth without knowing the facts of the case other than the little blurb reported in the story.

4lumper(279 comments)posted 9 months, 2 weeks ago

must have gone to st. betty's. she's lucky they didn't charge her for the infection they gave her.

5VINDYAK(1799 comments)posted 9 months, 2 weeks ago

I can understand, as I once stepped into a grass covered hole in my yard and broke my ankle. I didn't sue myself and as a taxpayer, neither should she.

6TB(1167 comments)posted 9 months, 2 weeks ago

A Real Walk In The Park...Pay Attention Together You Are Walking.

7makesyathink(36 comments)posted 9 months, 2 weeks ago

What was she doing on the side of a gravel service road? There ARE areas that the public aren't meant to be even if it IS supported by taxpayers. Farm = critters = no way to keep them from digging. When I stop on one of those little roads that go to the gas wells, to photograph sunflowers, or whatever, I watch my step - I'm totally aware that I shouldn't be there, and there may be hazards.