Grease fire damages Kendis Circle apartment

Grease fire damages Kendis Circle apartment


An early morning grease fire that forced occupants out of a two-story East Side apartment building caused $5,000 damage to the building and $1,000 damage to its contents, the fire department said.

Firefighters found all tenants outside of 610 Kendis Circle when they arrived to fight the 5:15 a.m. Thursday fire that originated on a first floor apartment kitchen stove.

A tenant told firefighters she put some grease on the stove to make French fries and then must have fallen asleep before awakening to the smoke and fleeing outside.

The fire was confined to the kitchen where it originated, but firefighters ventilated all four apartments. No injuries were reported.

Don't Miss a Story

Sign up for our newsletter to receive daily news directly in your inbox.