UPDATE | Police chase ends with Market Street crash

Published: Tue, December 3, 2013 @ 3:28 p.m.

BOARDMAN

A man suspected of robbing a pizza shop and fleeing from police crashed his vehicle into a telephone pole on Market Street after 3 p.m. today.

The truck wrapped around the pole and its engine was in Market Street, along with fallen telephone wires.

Youngstown and Boardman police and Boardman fire are at the scene, along with Ohio Edison and the Ohio State Highway Patrol.

The driver was taken away in an ambulance.

Youngstown police chased the man across the South Side about 2:45 p.m. today after he would not pull over following the robbery of a Midlothian Boulevard pizza shop, Marco's.

A police spokesman said an officer on patrol in the area first heard of the robbery and then saw a pickup truck that was described as belonging to the robber. When he tried to pull the truck over, it sped away from the officer.

The officer chased the truck up Midlothian past South Avenue to Market Street, where it turned south into Boardman before crashing in the 6000 block of Market Street and hitting the utility pole.

The spokesman said the suspect was not badly injured.

Comments

1auntiem4cabs(113 comments)posted 1 year ago

Oh my gosh. 3 o'clock. Traffic, school busses, people out walking and idiots. Thinking only of themselves. GET A JOB!

2southsidedave(4840 comments)posted 1 year ago

What a lowlife, cares about no one

3DontBanThisDrone(527 comments)posted 1 year ago

A car crash in Youngstown, Ohio, and somebody turns it into Obamacare.

Is it any wonder why corporations have left this country by the droves over the decades? No industry could possibly turn a profit by employing such an ignorant and uneducated populous.

(-:

4bmanresident(597 comments)posted 1 year ago

This is the prime example why we should not cut any food stamps or welfare programs. These people need to come up with alternative methods to feed their drug habits and robbing pizza shops are one of those methods.

5DontBanThisDrone(527 comments)posted 1 year ago

^ lol

(-:

6redeye1(4687 comments)posted 1 year ago

No, this one of the reason why we should STOP all hand outs . Then they would have to work and wouldn't have the time to do drugs .

7Askmeificare(711 comments)posted 1 year ago

Another day in Mahoning County Jail-

Loser 1: So man, why are yooous here?

Loser 2: Maaaan, I stabbed a dude in a Wal Mart parking lot. (sigh) Damnit.

Loser 1: No way. Why didn't you run from the scene? How did you get caught?

Loser 2: Ah man, it was ova a damn pa'kin' spot an I got blocked in. Hows about yooous? Whatchya in here fo'?

Loser 1: I was owed a movie ya know. And I thought I should get a little 'xtra xtra' sumthin' for my time. well, lil' johnny on the job called da' man, and well... I didn't know... I didn't know... Hey man, I JUST DIDN"T KNOW!

Loser 2: Maaaan, you are trippin' fool. Sooo, what don't ya know? By the way, got any 7's?

Loser 1: I didn't know the cops wanted me. I didn't know I was supposed to pull over! I sped up to get outta der' way and this copper bit my bumber and it sent me sailin', yo. No, no 7's, go fish.

Loser 2: Yeah man, looks like we both bein' sent up without our rights. We need that mommy judge who is keepin' her boy son outta jail for our defense. What was that mommas name?!

Loser 1: Dellick! Yeah man, we can get her and we be straight! Judge theresa Dellick, but we gots to get her before she is voted outta office man. She and her boy son are making a mockery outta the system so we know we gonn aget straight! Got any 3's?

Loser 2: Yeah man. We'll be out on the street same ol' same ol' with dellick, fo' sure. Yeah man, I got 3's.