Coitsville man in burn unit after catching himself on fire

Coitsville man in burn unit after catching himself on fire

Staff report

COITSVILLE

A man was sent to a burn unit Saturday evening after catching himself on fire while trying to clear brush from his yard.

Francis Camouse, of John White Road, was attempting to burn piles of brush with an accelerant when the fire spread to his clothing and he caught on fire, according to Chief Chris Manack of the Coitsville Fire Department.

Neighbors heard Camouse yelling and called the fire department, which responded at about 5:40 p.m., Manack said.

“He probably didn’t notice he got some of the accelerant on the ground or on his clothes, and he was at the center of the pile so when he lit it it just spread,” Manack said.

Don't Miss a Story

Sign up for our newsletter to receive daily news directly in your inbox.