All trash haulers at Allied Waste to return to work tonight

Published: Sun, April 21, 2013 @ 4:33 p.m.

All trash haulers at Allied Waste to return to work tonight

Associated Press

YOUNGSTOWN

Officials have announced the end of Republic/Allied Waste work stoppage by trash collectors in the region.

“We are pleased to announce that all of our employees will return to work this evening,” said Doug Dunn, general manager of Republic Services/Allied in statement.

“We appreciate the patience our customers demonstrated during the past week. Crews will work throughout the week to service all of our customers’ waste and recycling needs,” Dunn said.

The company provides waste management services for a number of businesses and neighborhoods in the Mahoning Valley.

Landfill workers for the company had issued a strike on March 28 over contract disputes. Last week, truck drivers had issued a sympathy strike in support of the landfill workers.

Comments

1DwightK(1256 comments)posted 1 year, 5 months ago

Allied Waste should be crediting our bills for putting up with this nonsense.

2Constructor(105 comments)posted 1 year, 5 months ago

"Allied Waste should be crediting our bills for putting up with this nonsense."

Waaaaaaaaaa..... If YOUR pension was being defunded, would it still be "nonsense"?

3HSG(123 comments)posted 1 year, 5 months ago

Obviously it's only "nonsense" if it affects some people personally. What ever happened to solidarity? Glad things worked out for these people.

4imez_ru2(6 comments)posted 1 year, 5 months ago

I paid for a service and I expect to recieve it. Sympathy strike??? Are you F'ng serious? Be happy you have jobs you sense of entitlement slugs. My bill is for monthly collection. I did not recieve that so I agree it should be credited but it won't. They should have fired them all and hired others to do the job. Plenty out there who could use the work and would have appreciated the opportunity

5RTS1416(117 comments)posted 1 year, 5 months ago

NoBs...Ahh, that's bs. They don't have to clean up anything, they choose to. I don't choose to do that line of work so I don't. There are several companies in the area that offer better service for a less expensive rate.

6DwightK(1256 comments)posted 1 year, 5 months ago

Constructor, I'm glad this thing was settled but I pay Allied Waste for a service and they haven't provided it. I'm right to expect an adjustment on my bill. I don't care if it's their fault or not. If I don't pay their bill I get a late fee and do you think they would be sympathetic to any excuse?

They can eat it for the week they didn't pick up. It's not like they put diesel in the trucks or paid the drivers.

7imez_ru2(6 comments)posted 1 year, 5 months ago

Hey BS. I don't think I stuttered. Yes I said be happy they have jobs. I also found it amusing that you said I should "be happy" that I have someone to come pick up the crap (trash). I should be happy that I pay for a service that wasn't perforned? And of course the pathetic attempt at bullying with a keyboard was also amusing. Yes, I do work and yes I am very good at what I do,There is probably someone out there that can do what I do ,although I haven't come across that person yet, so that is why I do the job my employer hired me to do, for much more than minimum wage by the way.