Scott wins Masters in playoff

Published: Sun, April 14, 2013 @ 7:48 p.m.

Scott wins Masters in playoff

AUGUSTA, Ga. (AP) — Adam Scott wins the Masters in 2-hole playoff, first Australian champion at Augusta National.

Scott edged Angel Cabrera by one stroke with a birdie on No. 11.

Comments

1papa1(660 comments)posted 1 year, 5 months ago

and he didn't have to cheat!!

2DoninFL(161 comments)posted 1 year, 5 months ago

It was a great Masters, with out the cameras on TW all the time.
we were hoping he did not come back on Sunday and win. He sure is a stuck up sour puss now. Can't believe all those people in the gallery cheering and clapping for him. They must not know all the stories about him.

3shutyourface(246 comments)posted 1 year, 5 months ago

All you haters just stop watching golf b/c he will win again very soon. He played terrible on the front and still shot -5 lol trust me he will win again.

4RTS1416(117 comments)posted 1 year, 5 months ago

I don't understand all the hub-bub...
A golfer breaks the rules and is penalized..
He's a cheater and should be disqualified!!!

A football player breaks the rules and is penalized...
5 yards, first down...
What am I missing here?

5walter_sobchak(1907 comments)posted 1 year, 5 months ago

RTS1416,
I guess what most miss is that apparently the committee originally ruled no infraction. Then, someone calls either the network or the PGA, claims a wrong application of the rule, and they change their ruling. Maybe next season I should call the NFL front office and claim the game officials are misapplying a rule on offensive holding. I'm no fan of Eldrick but people calling in and complaining is ridiculous. How the hell do they get the correct phone number anyway?

6AnotherAverageCitizen(1174 comments)posted 1 year, 5 months ago

Congrats to Adam Scott. Well deserved win.

It is unfortunate that the first 4 posters on here are more concerned about other players then what the article is about.

7RTS1416(117 comments)posted 1 year, 5 months ago

WALTER.
I think my post may have been misunderstood. I think it is silly that they changed their original ruling and even sillier that there are people calling for him to be disqualified over it. After all, he is the one that admitted dropping two yards short to keep from over playing the shot. Either way I am glad for Scott, fine tournament.