Stambaugh Pillars, a permanent fundraising committee of the Henry H. Stambaugh Auditorium Association, met recently for its annual meeting and elected the officers for 2013.
They are: Catherine Campana, chairman; Karl Roach, vice chairman; Kay Fuller, recording secretary; Kathleen Rickert, corresponding secretary; and Barbara Tinkham, treasurer.
Events scheduled this year are a rededication of the formal garden in May and the “Bands at the Baugh” concert series from June through September. The annual holiday fashion show and pre-opera dinner will take place in November.
The purpose of the Pillars is to develop and perpetuate an interest in Stambaugh Auditorium, to solicit membership in the organization and to provide financial and other support to the auditorium by sponsoring fundraising activities and events.
Stambaugh Auditorium is a nonprofit public auditorium that opened in 1926 through the gift of Youngstown area businessman, Henry H. Stambaugh. The centerpiece of the complex is the concert hall, which has a seating capacity of 2,553 and is renowned for its acoustics. It also features a 9,700-square-foot ballroom, a recital hall (Anne Christman Memorial Hall) and a formal garden at the southern end of the building. All areas may be rented for public business or private functions.
For information call 330-747-5175 or visit stambaughauditorium.com.