Grill fire damages Austintown home

Staff report

AUSTINTOWN

A house on the 4000 block of Heritage Drive was heavily damaged when the homeowner left a charcoal grill unattended causing a fire, firefighters say.

Fire from that grill on the house’s back porch spread to nearby propane- gas containers, which exploded, causing extensive damage to the home about 7 p.m. Sunday, firefighters said. The fire started shortly after the homeowner finished cooking.

There were no injuries.

Don't Miss a Story

Sign up for our newsletter to receive daily news directly in your inbox.