facebooktwitterRSS
- Advertisement -
  • Most Commentedmost commented up
  • Most Emailedmost emailed up
  • Popularmost popular up
- Advertisement -
 

« News Home

Ohio couple says stray cat saved their lives



Published: Tue, September 25, 2012 @ 11:43 a.m.

MOUNT GILEAD, Ohio (AP) — A central Ohio couple credits a stray cat they adopted with saving their lives when carbon monoxide filled their home.

The Mansfield News Journal reports that it happened last week near Mount Gilead, north of Columbus.

Rod and Michelle Ramsey said they were just trying to sleep after turning on the furnace in their home. But the restless cat, named Tiger, wouldn’t let them. Little did they know they had a gas leak.

Michelle Ramsey was describing to someone on the phone that she and her husband had headaches and felt sick. They thought they had food poisoning.

Rescue crews were called, and they were flown by helicopter to The Ohio State University Medical Center for treatment.

The Ramseys say Tiger has earned a permanent spot on their couch.


Comments

1gr8bnretired(20 comments)posted 2 years ago

Good kitty, kitty, kitty! Rod and Michelle don't have 9 lives, but Tiger gave them some extra time on the one they have!

Suggest removal:


News
Opinion
Entertainment
Sports
Marketplace
Classifieds
Records
Discussions
Community
Help
Forms
Neighbors

HomeTerms of UsePrivacy StatementAdvertiseStaff DirectoryHelp
© 2014 Vindy.com. All rights reserved. A service of The Vindicator.
107 Vindicator Square. Youngstown, OH 44503

Phone Main: 330.747.1471 • Interactive Advertising: 330.740.2955 • Classified Advertising: 330.746.6565
Sponsored Links: Vindy Wheels | Vindy Jobs | Vindy Homes | Pittsburgh International Airport