Hand-scanning time clocks are an example of what’s going wrong

Published: Wed, September 5, 2012 @ 12:00 a.m.

Hand-scanning time clocks are an example of what’s going wrong

The new hand-scanning time clocks are not being done to improve accountability. They are being introduced to further condition the city employees that as Americans their bodies do not belong to them and that each person, as part of the American slave plantation must submit to having their body, or a part of it, scanned, molested, groped or otherwise denigrated in order for them to go about their everyday business.

“We met with the unions, we met with the supervisors ... and there are no problems.” I have a problem with it, and I’m one of the people that is paying the city employees checks, and I don’t want them to have to submit to that nonsense.

If it’s not the hand, it’s the fingerprint, or the retina scan, or the full body scan, or the highway checkpoints to rifle through peoples’ personal belongings without just cause. It’s government that collects peoples’ blood at birth and registers it in a national database, it’s government that is ripping the colostomy bags out of little old ladies at the airport and it’s government that hires pedophiles to stick their hands with dirty contaminated gloves down your child’s pants at the same airport while you stand there and watch like a bunch of sheeple.

This hand scanning idea, a bad idea, is just an example of the government bully trying to push people a little to see what they can get away with. If nobody complains, then they will push a little more, and then a little more, and then before you know it you’re all sitting at the Covelli Center waiting to get your computer chip implanted underneath your skin, because if you don’t then the friendly people that run the government are not going to activate your food card and you won’t be able to eat.

In my two year experience of watching them, the city employees, the low level ones that actually make things work, are accountable.

I called the Water Department to have my water shut off for a plumbing fix and someone answered it by the third ring, and someone was at my house within 30 minutes and they were equally responsive when I needed it turned back on. And I just saw the meter reader hustling through my neighborhood on her rounds today, so these responsible people are doing a credible job and they don’t need to be tracked like prison inmates.

Get rid of the hand scanners, and maybe more productive people will want to move to this city and make some positive things happen.

Patrick Howard, Youngstown

Comments

1whitesabbath(738 comments)posted 2 years ago

Welcome to the machine...

2Photoman(1004 comments)posted 2 years ago

A contuing governmental intrusion is a certainty as not enough people are willing to fight it. To big government, we are but a large herd of sheep being herded gradually into whichever government corral they choose. What are you going to do about it today?

3anothermike(211 comments)posted 2 years ago

The public employees that need more "watching" are the elected ones and their political hacks.....not a meter reader.......

4VINDYAK(1799 comments)posted 2 years ago

Patrick, Patrick, Patrick...so nieve you are. Apparently, Patrick, you have never worked in a union shop or a government job. But I have and what I have seen over the years would make you very, very angry. Why do you suppose factories have tall turnstile bars that employees must walk thru in order to get in or out of the plant? Or metal detectors? Or hidden cameras? I have seen employees shinning shoes while on the clock, making knives, clocking others in or out, slowing down production when the time study people arrive and file numerous trivial grievances to keep supervisors off their backs.

Government employees go shopping while on the clock, take 2 hour lunches and pump their gas tanks nearly dry when they stop at their house for a meal. They used to bypass their utility meters to get free energy because they knew all the tricks and then they would go off sick with a bad back and go golfing or take a vacation. You can't fire anyone today without absolute proof, so you need private detectives, photographic evidence and eyewitnesses.

Employee theft today is a multi-billion dollar business which is causing employers, administrators and elected officials to search for new methods to slow down the epidemic.

5coog(1 comment)posted 2 years ago

Vindyak, Patrick here, and I'll address some of your points.

-"So nieve are you." Nieve means "snow" in spanish. I think the word that you are struggling to find is spelled NAIVE. .

-You say I never worked in a union shop or held a government job. I was in the AFL-CIO for ten years and also worked for the federal government for ten years.

One of the jobs I had before that was catching thieves at a very high end retailer. And the biggest thieves by far worked for the store. One stole over half million bucks worth of stuff, and a hand scanning time clock would not have stopped her. So it's not only low level government people that steal. A hand scanning time clock is not going to stop someone from clocking in, then leaving and coming back to clock out for lunch etc. I have seen that happen, and the employee( a government employee) was caught without the aid of a hand scanning time clock.

-Turnstile bars, metal detectors, hidden cameras: Shouldn't these be enough? How far do you want to go to catch someone shining shoes, making knives or tying to sneak a fender out of a GM plant? There was over 16 trillion dollars stolen from the taxpayers in the recent bailouts, much of it shipped overseas to foreign banks and people can only think about focusing the spotlight on the petty crimes of low level people.

You make some good points about employee theft and you prove yourself knowledgeable about human nature, but people that steal gasoline, bypass electricity meters and fake back injuries to go on a golf holiday can all be caught without the use of a dehumanizing hand scanner.

My main point is that these hand scanning time clocks are not about theft prevention, they're about population control. I grew up in Los Angeles and I knew a lot of people that were in Nazi Germany and Russia and had the number tatooed on their arm to prove it. That's what is coming to America, only a more high tech version of it, and way more deadly. And I'm trying to shock people awake.