Woman charged in boyfriend’s stabbing death

Published: Mon, October 29, 2012 @ 12:05 a.m.

Staff report

youngstown

A woman is charged with murder after a domestic dispute ended with the stabbing death of her boyfriend, Youngstown police reported.

Jessica Walker, 23, of 1423 Maplewood Court, told police she stabbed Shawn Meadows, 26, after he punched and choked her during an argument, police reported. The stabbing happened about 11:30 a.m. Sunday. Walker was taken to the hospital, then arrested about 4:30 p.m., police said.

Walker told police she was cooking for her 4-year-old son, and he did not want to eat. Meadows walked in and insisted that the child eat.

Walker told police she advised Meadows that the boy didn’t have to eat, that it was her house and if he didn’t like, it he could leave.

That’s when Meadows attacked her, she said, and forced her head into a wall. Police said she had a large lump on her forehead.

Walker told police she ran upstairs to get her phone, and Meadows followed her. She said he punched and choked her again.

Walker told police she stabbed Meadows twice and ran to a friend’s house.

The friend called police, the report indicates.

An officer who went into the residence saw Meadows curled into a fetal position by the stairs.

Walker was taken to the Mahoning County Jail pending a court appearance today.

Comments

1timOthy(802 comments)posted 1 year, 9 months ago

Way to protect yourself ! Stupid is dead and you should be free of ALL Charges.

2Crimson1012(61 comments)posted 1 year, 9 months ago

How about this... stop associating with idiotic people. Stop letting them come into your house where you end up having to stab and kill them because of an argument that 95% of the population has on a weekly basis... I don't know, just a thought...

3dawn421(265 comments)posted 1 year, 9 months ago

So crimson is actually blaming the abuse victim? Hate to tell you but some people can not be dealt with normally. What seems trivial to you is not to an abuser. All it takes is a wrong look. So please think about that before you blame a victim again.

4fcb(318 comments)posted 1 year, 9 months ago

It's pretty clear she went upstairs to get more than the phone. Women beaters are the biggest cowards in the world! Well this one won't beat another women.

5Thetruthhurtshuh(2 comments)posted 1 year, 9 months ago

She is lying out her teeth. She using that to get a shorter sentence you all believe everything. She was crazy enough to kill someone wouldn't that make her crazy enough to make it look like he abused her? She is full of it. And whoever believes her is dumb. It's simple as that .

6Lifes2Short(3875 comments)posted 1 year, 9 months ago

All this over a child that didn't want to eat. Some society we live in. Pitiful

theruthhurts

Were you there?

7DwightK(1238 comments)posted 1 year, 9 months ago

If she has bruises on her and he has stab wounds that sort of tells the tale.

Single moms have to be careful who they allow around their children. Too many times these guys don't know how to be dads.

8Thetruthhurtshuh(2 comments)posted 1 year, 9 months ago

No but I know the truth and I know who he is/was and I know his b.m so why would he magically hit her if he never hit his b.m? He wouldn't do that. She knew who he was before he came to her house and if he was a abuser then why let him in. I've known sick people to harm themselves to look as if they are the innocent ones.

9k44n(2 comments)posted 1 year, 9 months ago

10CantStandYa(113 comments)posted 1 year, 9 months ago

"THE WAY I C IT IS THAT WASNT NOBDY THERE TO KNO WHAT REALLY HAPPENED SHE COULD B LIEN THEN IT COULD B THE TRUTH... SUM PPL BRING THINGS OUT OF PPL THT OTHERS NVR SAW B4 I KNEW MEN AND WOMAN THT WOULDNT HIT THERE BM/BD BUT WOULD HIT THEY GIRL OR SUMBDY THEY JUS SLEEPIN WIT....U NVR KNO WT GOES ON BEHIND CLOSED DOORS WEN NOBDYS AROUND IJS"

Ummm, I think I need a translator. Does anyone speak hoodrat?

11DwightK(1238 comments)posted 1 year, 9 months ago

This also seems like a very violent area to live near.

12dawn421(265 comments)posted 1 year, 9 months ago

Oh here we go with the baby mama drama. He still loved you? Then why was he in her house and not yours? The police said she had bruises and a lump on her forehead. I don't know what idiots you know that would do that tp themselves but now days you say domestic they get taken away. Not like it was 30 yrs ago when I got told they have to see him hit you. And o was covered in bruises. So I find it unlikely this man was a "good boy"puleeeeeeeeze

13dawn421(265 comments)posted 1 year, 9 months ago

@cantstandya LOL. I know NM is baby mama from watching maury. I don't know what half of the post means. I'm sure another relative or baby mama will let us know

14k44n(2 comments)posted 1 year, 9 months ago

No hun im not takin up for her ijs dont nobody deserve to get beat on jus becuz of words u wouldnt want tht to happen to u jus bcuz u said sumthin...if she tellin the truth then she was defendin herself if its a lie then shame on her she need to sit n jail..i knew him a lil he used to make me and my fiance laugh and played wit our kids he seemed very harmless and happy i nvr seen the bad side to speak on it but sorry for ur lost of all 3…

15dawn421(265 comments)posted 1 year, 9 months ago

Sorry I meant b m not n m and Dwight those are the projects they remodled.they have nicer places than me and they changed name too. Guess still bad

16Silence_Dogood(1322 comments)posted 1 year, 9 months ago

For all those people out there that are paying high property taxes for the Youngstown School System, take a good look at your money well spent. CantStandYa you have a very valid point, a translator would be required to understand this gibberish.

17Crimson1012(61 comments)posted 1 year, 9 months ago

To "FCB"-
What obligation did the woman have to the deceased... Were they boyfriend / girlfirend, husband / wife, or just friends...? Why do you assume that she has to play the role of victim for her whole life? Didn't she have the ability to terminate the relationship or have the deceased removed from the house... Are you telling me that she had no ability to keep this guy away from her child? Was he the father...?

Trust me, I could care less that she killed him... I am sure he deserved it... It just strikes me as odd that the majority of the population can negotiate issues of this nature by excerising some control and common sense, but not when you live a lifestyle that dictates otherwise......

18Lifes2Short(3875 comments)posted 1 year, 9 months ago

Wow....I know my pronunciation and grammar is not that great, but the comments here, I don't feel as bad! Did they learn anything in school? Pitiful.

Drama, drama, drama. Take it to the Jerry Springer show. Waiting now for the drama queens to come on and stick up for Jessica, this should get interesting.

19dawn421(265 comments)posted 1 year, 9 months ago

Crimson, you have obviously never been in an abusive relationship for you to think it is all that simple.

20IKNOWTHETRUTH(8 comments)posted 1 year, 9 months ago

HELLO HELLO HELLO HELLO I KNOW JESSICA HAVE KNOWN HER FOR A COUPLE YEARS NOW AND THE DUMD GIRL UP THERE TEE-TEE DID NOT KNOW JESSICA AT ALL ALL YOU KNEW WAS A FEW THINGS BOUT HER U DAMN SURE AINT KNOW HER PERSONALL U LYING MISSHAPED HORSE FACE COW U FORGOT WHAT U DID TO HER FIRST YOU STILL MAD CAUSE SHE ENDED UP WITH SHAWN AND HE PROB WAS TELLING YOU STUFF JUS TO KEEP U AROUND Y I DONT KNOW BUT YOU AND YOUR NASTY FAMILY SLASHED HER TIRES KEYD HER CAR JUMPED HER AND BROKE INTO SOMEONE HOUSE JUST TO GET TO HER SO BEFOR YOU GET ON SOMETHING TELLING A STORY TELL YOUR PART U DUMB GIRL AND AS OF HER AND SHAWN YES HE DID HIT HER THATS WHY IT ENDED THE WAY IT DID SHE DID RUN FROM HIM AND HE CAME AFTER HER HOW DUMB CAN U PEOPLE BE IT STARTED IN THE KITCHEN AND ENDED UPSTAIRS I KNOW SHE DIDNT MEAN TO HURT HIM BUT THINGS HAPPENS......JESSICA HAS A GOOD HEART AND WONT DO NOTHING TO ANYONE TILL THEY MESS WITH HER THATS WHAT YOU ALL DONT KNOW BOUT HER...AND HER AND SHAWN BOTH LOST TWO KIDS TOGETHER SO I KNOW SHE LOVED HIM AND AS FAR AS U TEE-TEE I STAYED IN WESTVIEW MYSELF AND HEARD HE USE TO HIT U ALL THE TIME DIDNT HE GET INTO A FIGHT WITH YOUR FAMILY CAUSE YALL CALM HE WAS HITTING YOU AND YOUR KIDS LIKE GIRL GET A GRIP FLAT DA F OUT DONT TELL A HALF ASS STORY

21WilliamSwinger(341 comments)posted 1 year, 9 months ago

If she had time and space to run upstairs and grab a knife then why didn't she have time and space to run out the door and/or call the police?

It is not within the rights of this young woman to summarily execute a man for physically assaulting her.

The women here that make excuses for her are simple hate-filled misandrists that secretly wish all men were dead, right dumb421?

22IKNOWTHETRUTH(8 comments)posted 1 year, 9 months ago

SHE HAD THE KNIFE IN HER HAND WHEN SHE RAN UPSTAIRS TO GET THE PHONE BUT HE CAME AFTER HER..

23Youngstownhustlemamma(5 comments)posted 1 year, 8 months ago

I knew Shawn and his sister Shannon. Both losers. I'm sure he got what he deserved. He wasnt a nice guy. He was a drug dealer and was involved in many shootings, robberies and breakin's city wide. He threatened to take my life over something he stole from me. I'm personally glad he's gone. I'll sleep better tonight. I guess he won't be around to make that happen. :-)