Lighting cigarette, spilled gas combine to burn driver


WARREN

A Garrettsville woman was seriously burned during a flash fire caused when she lit a cigarette in a car that had a spilled gas can in her truck, according to a fire department report.

The woman was in the her car in the North River Road N.E. parking lot of Renaissance North nursing home at 4:41 p.m. Friday when she lit the cigarette, the fire report reads.

The combination of lighting the cigarette and the spilled gas caused the fire. She was taken for treatment at St. Joseph Health Center.

Her condition isn’t known at this time.

Don't Miss a Story

Sign up for our newsletter to receive daily news directly in your inbox.