x
ad will close in 5

6 escape fire sparked by cigarette

Published: 11/7/12 @ 11:23


NEW CASTLE, Pa.

Fire did $20,000 worth of damage to a house at 413 North Cedar Street, the city fire department reported.

The blaze began on the second floor of the house at 7:43 a.m. Wednesday after a child threw a cigarette into a crawl space there, the department said.

There were no injuries.

Five children and one adult escaped the blaze on their own.


Don't Miss a Story

Sign up for our newsletter to receive daily news directly in your inbox.

X