Michelle Obama, daughters attend Beyonce concert

Published: Sun, May 27, 2012 @ 12:36 p.m.

Michelle Obama, daughters attend Beyonce concert

Associated Press

ATLANTIC CITY, N.J.

Michelle Obama was with the single ladies this weekend, joining 5,500 fans at a Beyonce concert in Atlantic City.

The first lady was with daughters Sasha and Malia at Revel Resorts, where Beyonce performed two dozen songs Saturday night. Obama’s husband, President Barack Obama, did not attend.

Gov. Chris Christie was among the sell-out crowd packed into Revel’s Ovation Hall.

Michelle Obama and the girls appeared excited throughout the concert, cheering Beyonce on. The daughters even sang along to the old school-sounding jam “Love on Top.”

Obama recently told People magazine that if she could be anyone else, it would be Beyonce. And she came close, at least in how she was received by the audience: The first lady got a roaring cheer that matched Beyonce’s as she made her way to her seat in a shiny green dress.

Comments

1doowoptokidrock(325 comments)posted 1 year, 10 months ago

With a face like hers I can understand that comment.

2janeyblue(227 comments)posted 1 year, 10 months ago

Our tax dollars hard at work.

3AtownAugie(697 comments)posted 1 year, 10 months ago

I imagine the concert was filled with patriotic music, as we honor those that gave the full measure for our country. And I also imagine Ms Obama will be quoted as saying "For the [second] time in my adult life I am proud of my country." (Why do I somehow *know* I am wrong on both counts...?)

4TylerDurden(367 comments)posted 1 year, 10 months ago

Not news, if you find this interesting you are a part of the problem.

5JoeFromHubbard(875 comments)posted 1 year, 10 months ago

Why does this story waste space in the media other than to report more waste of tax payer money ?

She is certainly entitled to a bit of entertainment but I would not approve the expense of what her public appearances require.

6Travolta(11 comments)posted 1 year, 10 months ago

Am I the ONLY one to notice Governor Christie was there as well? It's OK for him to get a free pass, though. I mean, the First Lady is merely a term, while Christie actually has a job to lead the state. But let's give him a free pass, right? I'm sure he paid for everything out-of-pocket.

Also, fantastic of the first commenter to make a comment about her appearance. Truly, truly classy. Real nice to spew out garbage and hide behind an internet persona.

Do some research to see how many trips the Bush twins took while their old man was in office, and how much we paid for those. Especially their Argentina trip, where the Secret Service basically gave up trying to monitor them. Every administration sees family members do "fun" things. They have a right to live privately for a bit too; it's part of the gig. Reagan and Bush, Jr. loved going to their ranches (all on our dime). Bush Sr. basically lived in Maine while in office. Clinton. Well, Clinton did his vacationing in the Oval Office.

But hey, lets not let facts get in the way of a good ole' fashioned Obama-bash. Happy Memorial Day, everybody!!!!!!!!!!!

7jrolley325(776 comments)posted 1 year, 10 months ago

travolta, you just beat me to it. don't hear a bit of outrage about the republican governor of new jersey being there. but everyone has their pitchforks ready for the first lady and daughters attending. hypocrisy at its finest.

8thinkthentalk(257 comments)posted 1 year, 10 months ago

Some people that have no life, live for getting on here, day after day, to bash Obama.
See ya at the parade tomorrow, enjoy your brats, and happy memorial day.

9Freeatlast(1990 comments)posted 1 year, 10 months ago

I see the low class Right wing , Tea is in full force tonight in YTOWN.

10Charles42705(15 comments)posted 1 year, 10 months ago

Some of you people need to give it a break. They are people just like you and me and like to enjoy life as well. Never in my life have I seen so many people dislike someone so bad...Give me a break. ..Just sick.

11AnotherAverageCitizen(1172 comments)posted 1 year, 10 months ago

Boy I bet you repubs just hated seeing Pres Bush at baseball games. Or was that OK?

Presidents and their famlies R and Ds have been to many many events, Get over it folks. It will happen again and again.

RED> I see your professionalism with your wonderful discription of OUR FIRST FAMILY.

12AnotherAverageCitizen(1172 comments)posted 1 year, 10 months ago

Red.

Also, if you think Obama's kids are brats, I wonder how you felt about GWB kids getting in trouble several times. I haven't seen Obam's kids causing any problems. Unless you think going to a concert with their mother is just so terrible.