Michelle Obama, daughters attend Beyonce concert

Published: Sun, May 27, 2012 @ 12:36 p.m.

Michelle Obama, daughters attend Beyonce concert

Associated Press

ATLANTIC CITY, N.J.

Michelle Obama was with the single ladies this weekend, joining 5,500 fans at a Beyonce concert in Atlantic City.

The first lady was with daughters Sasha and Malia at Revel Resorts, where Beyonce performed two dozen songs Saturday night. Obama’s husband, President Barack Obama, did not attend.

Gov. Chris Christie was among the sell-out crowd packed into Revel’s Ovation Hall.

Michelle Obama and the girls appeared excited throughout the concert, cheering Beyonce on. The daughters even sang along to the old school-sounding jam “Love on Top.”

Obama recently told People magazine that if she could be anyone else, it would be Beyonce. And she came close, at least in how she was received by the audience: The first lady got a roaring cheer that matched Beyonce’s as she made her way to her seat in a shiny green dress.

Comments

1doowoptokidrock(325 comments)posted 2 years, 10 months ago

With a face like hers I can understand that comment.

2janeyblue(227 comments)posted 2 years, 10 months ago

Our tax dollars hard at work.

3AtownAugie(751 comments)posted 2 years, 10 months ago

I imagine the concert was filled with patriotic music, as we honor those that gave the full measure for our country. And I also imagine Ms Obama will be quoted as saying "For the [second] time in my adult life I am proud of my country." (Why do I somehow *know* I am wrong on both counts...?)

4redeye1(4905 comments)posted 2 years, 10 months ago

Well, it looks like she is going to enjoy the time left her old man has in the WH. She just loves spending tax payers money.

5TylerDurden(367 comments)posted 2 years, 10 months ago

Not news, if you find this interesting you are a part of the problem.

6JoeFromHubbard(1311 comments)posted 2 years, 10 months ago

Why does this story waste space in the media other than to report more waste of tax payer money ?

She is certainly entitled to a bit of entertainment but I would not approve the expense of what her public appearances require.

7thinkthentalk(286 comments)posted 2 years, 10 months ago

Some people that have no life, live for getting on here, day after day, to bash Obama.
See ya at the parade tomorrow, enjoy your brats, and happy memorial day.

8Freeatlast(1991 comments)posted 2 years, 10 months ago

I see the low class Right wing , Tea is in full force tonight in YTOWN.

9peacelover(799 comments)posted 2 years, 10 months ago

Guess some people just have to spew their vitriol no matter what the subject.

Happy Memorial Day to all.

10Charles42705(15 comments)posted 2 years, 10 months ago

Some of you people need to give it a break. They are people just like you and me and like to enjoy life as well. Never in my life have I seen so many people dislike someone so bad...Give me a break. ..Just sick.

11redeye1(4905 comments)posted 2 years, 10 months ago

Everyone who said Gov Christie was there. Did he have Secret Service there protecting him NO. Besides if the people of NJ don't object why dhould I > But with old lady Obama and her brats its my tax money paying for their fun.. As I said before she just trying to get in as much fun as she can while her oldman is still in the WH. LOL

12AnotherAverageCitizen(1176 comments)posted 2 years, 10 months ago

Boy I bet you repubs just hated seeing Pres Bush at baseball games. Or was that OK?

Presidents and their famlies R and Ds have been to many many events, Get over it folks. It will happen again and again.

RED> I see your professionalism with your wonderful discription of OUR FIRST FAMILY.

13AnotherAverageCitizen(1176 comments)posted 2 years, 10 months ago

Red.

Also, if you think Obama's kids are brats, I wonder how you felt about GWB kids getting in trouble several times. I haven't seen Obam's kids causing any problems. Unless you think going to a concert with their mother is just so terrible.

© 2015 Vindy.com. All rights reserved. A service of The Vindicator.