UPDATE: Hagan petition to get Limbaugh off Youngstown airwaves gaining support

Originally Published: 12:33 p.m., March 6, 2012 and  Updated 04:22 p.m., March 6, 2012

YOUNGSTOWN

State Rep. Robert F. Hagan of Youngstown, D-60th, is circulating a petition to remove conservative talker Rush Limbaugh from Youngstown radio airwaves.

Limbaugh, whose nationally-syndicated show is heard on more than 600 stations, is heard locally on WKBN-AM (570).

The radio host has come under fire after calling a George Washington University law student derogatory names after she testified to congressional Democrats in support of national health care policies that would require employers to offer group health insurance that covers birth control.

Two radio stations, one in Massachusetts and the other in Hawaii, have already dropped Limbaugh’s show as a result of his comments and at least a dozen advertisers have pulled ads from Limbaugh’s show.

Hagan’s petition, available by clicking here, has more than 1,040 signatures this afternoon.

Comments

1JAB(41 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

Hagan is a joke, nothing but lip service.

2Valleys_Voice(149 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

Wow, what is this, a police state? Next stop, 1984!

3MLC75(625 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

I want Buckwheat Bob Hagan out of politics,he is a joke.Get back on your train and leave town Bobby.

4redeye1(5054 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

Typical D party member who thinks that he can control. what we can watch or listen to. I like Rush, he made a mistake and said he was sorry. Hagan keeps making mistakes and never says he sorry, so why can't we get rid of hiim first.

5dees2cents(38 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

This is absurd. I think that as an adult, if you do not want to hear what Rush has to say , you are quite capable of changing the channel.
Hagan thinks that he can control what we as individuals listen to?, wrong!!
I personally do not like Rush, but hey , there are those that do and Hagan should have no say so about it.

6DwightK(1370 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

mrrjytown, how did this woman brag about her sex life and why do you have the impression she wants tax payers to pay for her contraception?

7louisbeaver(24 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

read the 1st amendment idiot...great comments by everyone else as well. Now I know why Bob got knocked out at the Lemon Grove...

8DwightK(1370 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

mrrjytown, I did read her testimony. That's why I'm questioning how you think wanting coverage from an insurance company translates into taxpayers funding her contraception.

I'm also still wondering why you think she was bragging about her sex life.

9saddad(646 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

Hagan is the dumbest politician I've ever seen. With the right always harping that the progressives control the media and that we try to silence opposing voices- Hagan takes the lead here. If brains were dynamite he couldn't blow his nose.

10walter_sobchak(2173 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

People would do well to read the transcript of the testimony she gave and Rush should have. While it has a lot of exaggeration and hyperbole, I don't think she came off as a slut. I would think many Americans support the idea that, since health care costs continue to escalate, revenue is better spent on illness and diseases. Contraceptives as birth control need not be covered under insurance plans but should be purchased otc. However, Fluke made many good points of women that did have underlying conditions in which the hormones in the pill helped to control.

Now, if Limbaugh's speech is offensive to some and he loses advertizers, petitions will be unnecessary as he will not survive. But, he will because, although the MSM continues to blow this out of proportion, quite a large percentage of America agrees with El Rushbo! I wish someone would pass a petition removing Buckwheat from office as I think he is a real buffoon that can cause permanent damage to the state, IF he would actually do anything of substance. Here's a better question: How does MSNBC justify keeping Al Sharpton on their network after all the lies and smear campaigns he has conducted?

11JAB(41 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

One more thing, I'm glad our tax dollars are paying his state senate wages and benefits so he can come up with this petty bs. I would rather see him find solutions of improving this area along with jobs. But he can't, so he will just continue to do what he does best nothing but lip service....

12saddad(646 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

Time for new blood instead of kneejerkers-or just instead of jerks.

13spinman(70 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

Why do people keep voting for him ??? He is such a blow hard !!!

14300(573 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

Hagan's ridiculous in trying to get Rush off the airwaves. That's pretty clean cut.

But, I wonder how many of these Conservatives feel the same when Brent Bozell is conducting his daily crusade to rid the airwaves of anything he might find objectionable. If I recall in the past, most of the times that people had been calling for shows to get pulled, they were on the socially conservative side.

I hope in the future they will be just as vehement when some "family values" group is running rampage.

15palbubba(697 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

The real point here is that once again, Bob Hagan is wasting his time and our dollars pursuing something that is meaningless. If you like Rush, listen, if you don't then don't tune in. If no one were listening he wouldn't be on the air. I am not defending Rush, but I am sure questioning the use of his time by Hagan. He is typical of most politicians that are completely out of solutions to the real problems in this country but want to jump on any issue that might get them some votes. In my humble opinion this once again proves how incompetent Bob Hagan really is. I have no idea how he keeps getting elected. I guess it is the (D) behind his name.

16georgejeanie(1024 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

Bob Hahgan, please keep him in Ytown you both deserve each other. What an idiot.

17CantStandYa(194 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

Remember the "BUCKWHEAT" fiasco, Mr. Hagan?

let he who is without racial/sexist slurs cast the first stone.

18PocketfullofAces(1 comment)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

Well, at least Bob Hagan is consistent. He's wrong about everything. Rush is the only reason to listen to 570AM.

19WhatRUAfraidOf(85 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

Mr. Hagan - where can I sign up? (said tongue-in-cheek!). Seriously, though, what aggravates Ms. Fluke and me, too, is why many insurances cover ED medications for men, but refuse to cover contraceptives, even when they are not used for contraception?

Case in point, myself. I have been married to the same person for 29 years. We have two grown children. After our second was born, I had a tubal ligation, as I only ever wanted to have two children. I had to pay for that myself because our insurance did not cover that surgery. I am not complaining about that, though it never made sense that they would cover any number of pregnancies at $15,000 apiece (cost 20+ years ago), but wouldn't pay $2,000 for permanent sterilization.

When I got to my mid-forties, I was having extremely heavy periods, going through a super plus tampon and two pads in an hour. The doctor didn't want to do a hysterectomy because she wanted to see if I could make it to menopause, as that is really the best thing to do for long-term health. She suggested a Mirena, which is an IUS, because one of its side effects is to reduce significantly monthly bleeding and has been approved by the FDA to be used for that purpose. Even though I have what I think is pretty good insurance, they wouldn't cover it because they said it was for contraception, IN SPITE OF the fact that they were advised I had a tubal ligation 23 years prior. In my own case, the cost wasn't prohibitive, $650, but there are a LOT of women who couldn't afford that. What I don't get, though, is why they would cover a hysterectomy for thousands and thousands of dollars, but wouldn't pay $650 for a Mirena because they insisted it was for contraception, even though I provided proof from the original physician that did the tubal. And you wonder why our health care "system" is so screwed up :-(.

If you can explain that to me, then maybe I wouldn't support Ms. Fluke's points to such a degree. Also remember, she was testifying at a hearing that wasn't even official. What is Blowhard, I mean Limbaugh, so afraid of?

20grand4dad(208 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

WhatRUAfraidOf,
You make a lot of valid points. Our insurance companies are very screwed up. In regard to Linbaugh, it is hard for me to muster up any respect for men (like Linbaugh) who obviously have so little regard for women. On the other hand, it's hard for me to have much respect for someone like Hagan in his response to this.

21paulydel(1444 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

Hagan why don't you stop trying to involving yourself and wasting the taxpayers money? Do the job you were elected to do and work on tax breaks getting people back to work and building the Keystone pipeline. You were elected to help us not screw us over.

22saddad(646 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

Wow --thanks for 150 words on your periods and tampons

23republicanRick(1420 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

We have an elected official trying to censure free speech? Wow.

Wonder if the Vindy editors will write a response to this or just curl up in their little cubicles and ignore this threat to liberty.

If liberals do not like something they want it outlawed -- if liberals like it then they want it subsidized by government.

That's why liberalism is not about helping people, it's about liberals gaining power and controlling society by pretending to help the poor and downtrodden. Liberalism threatens your freedoms and rights.

24DwightK(1370 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

mrrjytown, Ms. Fluke is paying for her insurance, so no, I still don't understand why you insist taxpayers are paying for her contraception. She's asking that the government mandate that the insurance policy provide the coverage. She is not asking taxpayers to pay for it. She is picking up the premiums and the insurance policy is provided through the school.

And in looking at the testimony, I still don't see where you got the idea she was "bragging" about her sex life.

Having sex is a normal activity and protecting yourself from unwanted pregnancy is the responsible thing to do.

25jruggieri(2 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

Didn't Rep. Hagan have to pledge to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States when he became an elected official? I seem to remember something (like maybe the 1st Amendment) that protects our freedom of speech, and freedom of the press. Now if Rush Limbaugh broke the law, then maybe Hagan would have a case, but I've heard FAR worse language than the word "slut" being used on the radio waves and TV waves of this country and this city. Not only that, but if you look up the actual definition of the word Rush used, it's hard to argue that it was not used in it's denotative way. Sure it was a poor choice of words for Ms. Fluke, but hardly inaccurate. I'm sure if someone chose to, they could get more signatures on a petition to KEEP Rush on the radio.

26valleyred(1102 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

I don't even like Rush and I am against this. Hagan just LOVES to get his name in the newspaper. Why the Vindicator lets him every single week is beyond me!

27saddad(646 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

Remember that Rush is a gutless pig. Hagan is just a dumb politician.

28Freeatlast(1991 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

Look out the ytown right wing /GOP / tea party class ( low) is showing

29redeye1(5054 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

Hey everyone I just found out this so called student was really a 30 yr old woman who was planted by the D party to argue for birth control. She 's a fake just like the D party.

30djdhays(1 comment)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

I am a die hard Democrat and I voted for Mr Hagen and will do so again. I am also a veteran, proud to have done my part to defend the freedom we have in this country. I think Rush Limbaugh's methods are appalling and he feeds on the stupidity of others and most of his comments are an insult to my intelligence.. That's my opinion. Of all the people I wish would shut up, he's at the top of the list. Belief in the right to free speech however means supporting that right even when you don't agree with what's being said. Please don't sign this petition.

31redeye1(5054 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

djdhays I to served in the military to protect our freedoms. But when you get a person like Hagan who feels its his right to stomp all over my rights i get mad. I agree with you about Rush, but like someone else stated, turn him off. I don't need a GOV"T official telling what I can do. If this passes, what will he want to take away next. That's all

jimmyd We are the only ones, who will speak up because we have b@!!$ and we don't like our rights stepped on

32redeye1(5054 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

jimmyd The woman was plant by the D party and she knew what she was saying was going to cause controversy Besides it wasn't your wife or daughter, girlfriend, etc. Don't be so thin skinned. . If you don't want freedom of speech then maybe you and yours should go to a country that suits your way of life. I don't consider the right to freedom of speech as bull like you do. I'll bet if it was a member of the D party then the apology would make everything okay again.

33thinkthentalk(289 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

When limbaugh and howard stern started out with their shock radio style, i didnt care for it, changed the channel, and havent listened to it since. WKBN and advertisers take note of that. My girls were young then, and thats not what i wanted them to hear. All these years later, my girls are of Miss Flukes age, college graduate professionals, and im proud that they have the strong catholic values my wife and i raised them with.
If it was my daughter that rush insulted, id rip his face off. And all of you rushbo defenders with your ridiculous republican spin, know that every decent father feels the same way.

34SickofJimbo(140 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

Hagan
Who are you? The moral conscience of Y Town.
You have leached of the system for years so just shut up. And by the way get rid of the mullet

35legend33(169 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

Rush is an arse, but no way is WKBN going to lose all that advertising revenue during his show. It comes down to the all mighty buck these days!

36ohio11pm(23 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

I am tired of liberals saying and doing anything they want and every time a conservative says anything they don't like they try to "remove" them. Free speech is free speech. It doesn't matter if you are a liberal or conservative, your right to free speech should be protected. If you don't like what a radio or tv host says, you have the right to turn it off.

I don't like Bill Maher (remember he called Sarah Palin a c-nt), but I don't try to get him off the air. I just don't turn his show on.

372muchtax(639 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

Hagan, buckwheat, blowhard, etc are on the money when is this clown going tondomsomething usefulmlike write a bill that will stop the double dipping of police, fire and teachers. Example wellington

38cambridge(3297 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

Since limbaigh speaks for the teabagger/republicans it's important that he remains on the air and reminds the rest of us how they think and how we should vote.

Just look at all the polls and how any of the tb/r's stack up against Obama. I want to personally thank rush and the tb/r candidates for those poll results. Keep up the good work.

39republicanRick(1420 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

Cambridge is a true, bitter liberal who hurls insults at any conservative. State your opinion but stop with the bitter, loser insults.

I hate Chris Mathews, Rachel Maddow, and Bill Maher, all of whom hate America. But I just turn the channel, not try to outlaw them.

40Madchemist(5 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

Hagan will find any reason to get his name in the paper or his face on the television. Doesn't he have more important work to do then worry about Rush Limbaugh's freedom of speech and sponsor's freedom to withdrawal their advertising dollars. Turn the knob Hagan if you don't like Limbaugh.

41BenitaDrugs(42 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

Why not protest the 500 jobs lost at the mail center downtown Bobby

42bobhogue(102 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

This is not about freedom of speech. Rush Limbaugh is, as are all syndicated talk-show hosts, a businessman. He sells a product (his show). Radio stations are free to buy it, or not. At the same time, the people who are supposed to be served by a radio station have the right to ask the station to carry, or not carry, certain programs.

Had someone suggested that Mr. Limbaugh not be ALLOWED to offer his radio show, or to have a website, or to express his opinions in any venue, down to a soapbox on a street corner, THAT would be an abridgement of freedom of speech. But his offering of a talk show and the decision to carry that show or not have nothing to do with limiting free speech.

For what it's worth: Yes, of course, Bill Maher's comments were equally offensive. And everything said above applies to him as well.

It is important to understand the difference between freedom of speech and the offering of speech as a commercial product.

43mspiggy(23 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

I wish I could turn Hagan off just like Rush. Him and Gerberry gotta go.

44AnotherAverageCitizen(1176 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

For me its simple. I don't care for Rush so I don't listen to him. I never would have known what he said if it weren't for the media. All the media is, is free advertising for the people looking for attention.

Should he be taken off the air? NO. Just change your listening habits if you don't like what some one has to say.

45DrGoo(297 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

You people need to learn what free speech really means.
FYI Hagan is not infringing on Rush's free speech

46Jenerick13(5 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

Interesting all the liberals on here who are appauled at Rush yet didn't show any outrage at one of their own calling Sarah Palin a C@#$ on national tv. Hypocrites... just sayin'

47rightofronnie(11 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

The issue here is that Bob Hagan is going against what he and his liberal buddies have fought for all of their lives...freedom of speech! You see, it is funny to those of us that are of a conservative nature to watch the hypocritical liberals who fight for freedoms that they then want to take away when it affects them in a negative manner. Mr. Hagan, you should be ashamed of yourself for making such an idiotic request.

48salem26(13 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

Although Rush maybe didn't use the most tactful words to describe Miss Fluke, (Who by the way is NOT a current law student at Georgetown as Vindy reports, but is actually a feminist activist who works at Georgetown and graduated years ago.), I think he describe her lifestyle fairly well. An woman who claims to spend $ 3000 on contraception and is having financial problems because she is having so much sex in my mind is a Sl__. Why do people feel they are entitled by law for free contraceptives from their issuance in the first place? What ever happened to people taking some responsibility and paying for their own $1 condom? Although sex is pleasurable and needed for human reproduction, it is not essential for staying alive, unlike heart conditions, diabetes, and other things that health issuance covers. Using this logic, should the federal government mandate that issuance companies pay for everyone's food, since food is essential for life?

49Jenerick13(5 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

BTW, why is a government official using taxpayer time & money to try and squash the constitutional rights of a private citizen?
Apparently the state of Ohio has no other problems...

50Lifes2Short(3879 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

Amazing how a talk show host calls someone a name and everyone gets in a uproar. The guy apologized so now move on with Life their are way more important things to worry about then some guys remarks. Get real. Society is becoming way to soft.

51praxis95(51 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

Hagan's attempt to silence a voice of opposition is one more step in the direction of a class society controlled by a self appointed intellectual elite who think they know what is best for all of us. Freedom of speech exist only when its understood to encompass a right to offend.

52thinkthentalk(289 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

The problem is that rushbo lies and spreads hatred. He pounds it into your simple redneck heads so much that you end up believing it as the gospel truth. Just like hitler did.

53Lifes2Short(3879 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

talk

"The problem is that rushbo lies and spreads hatred."

See talk, that is the nice thing about America, you have the freedom to listen or not to listen. No one forces anyone to listen to the guy, it's there choice. Personally, I don't listen to him. So real simple. Change the channel if you don't like the guy. No big deal.

54rightofronnie(11 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

talk

Are you trying to tell me that those media outlets on the Liberal Left don't spread "lies and hatred"? As a matter of fact, your president seems to do a lot of his own lying and spreading of racial-class warfare hatred! The part that I enjoy most about many of these conversations is that most people have a very conservative outlook on whatever the topic is. Those same people are probably democrats! I wish that those of you who are and have a conservative mindset, would stop voting for these IDIOT democrats in this valley, state and country and start voting for the people with your same VALUES AND PRINCIPLES!

55faith(200 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

Way to go Bobby!! You got my vote. Don't worry about all this smack on here, if you were passing out $100 bills they would still complain.

Vote Hagan!

56walter_sobchak(2173 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

talk,
If you listen to Rush, you would know that his STATED goal is to point out the absurdity in the world by being absurd. It can be very entertaining. Using hyperbole to make your point is a valuable mechanism in speech. Now, in this case, he originally used a poor choice in words in calling her a slut and a prostitute and he rightly made an apology about that fact. I think it was a poor comparison. He really needs to apologize for his remarks on the second day about posting sex videos on the net as this was wholly inappropriate and demeaning.

57thinkthentalk(289 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

The young lady respectfully testified to the medical necessity of the pill and why insurance coverage should pay for it, as it does for any other medically needed prescription. Walter, you explained the ovarian cyst issue very well and i thank you.

rush LIED and said that what her and all the female students at georgetown wanted and expected was free contraceptive pills so that they could screw 3 times a day. THATS THE LIE! Thats what he put into your head and thus, that is the issue that is at hand. That is what you believe and are arguing about. No mention of cysts, heavy periods, etc.
THAT is the lie that you, his listeners, chose to hear and take as gospel. Finally, after 3 days of hammering this lie, comes the comment of the SEX Videos? Come on.

Now, the shame of it all is that you are defending that lie under the context of free speech, religious freedom, yadee yadee...
And You think its funny and titilating entertainment? Eh, its absurd and a poor choice of words. Riigghtttt. My mother raised me better and i respect my wife and daughters too much to buy your defense of him.
Finally, i HAVE exercised my right and changed the channel 20 yrs ago when he first came on.
Heres something to think about. More people signed this petition than voted for Romney....

58Jenerick13(5 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

Thinkthentalk... I do not find his comment to be funny, my question is still where was your outrage at the Democrats calling Sarah Palin an even worse name (the Big C word)?? You want to crucify Rush because he is a Republican yet you have no issue with a Democrat using such a horrible word to describe a Republican. It's hypocritical, plain and simple.

59thinkthentalk(289 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

Jen, if it makes you feel better, i apologize, with the same sincerity that rush did, for all the democrats, for calling her the C-word. Happy?
1. I consider myself an independant. I voted for Bush once when i thought he was right.
2. One injustice doesnt justify another. So we're keeping score here? He was wrong, Mahers C-word is no reason to call Miss Fluke a slut. Uh, c-word,slut,prostitute, uh, like one word is worse than the other?
3. Since its now my turn i guess to insult a female, Sarah Palin was/is an idiot. Where are the Death Panels she was talking about? Show me one grandma that the govt pulled the plug on.
4. Rednecks. Again, im sorry for my absurd remark in pointing out the absurdity. i meant it in the context of entertainment, wrongly assuming that rushbo listeners are rednecks. Not appropriate language. the appropriate word is moron.

60Jenerick13(5 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

I wasn't keeping score, just pointing out yet again the hypocrisy of people on here. It is wrong for ANYONE to say nasty stuff like that regardless of political affiliation! I see no point in continuing to debate this with you considering you state you were taught better and to be respectful. I am not really thinking its very respectful to call people rednecks and morons because they share a different view than you. The hypocrisy continues...

61thinkthentalk(289 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

im gonna use the "im an entertainer" defense

62sameolhub(56 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

Hagan you hack, you have been in local politics for how many years? I am 57 and for as long as I can remember you have been eating at the public trough. Look around the Mahoning Valley, look at the mess you made, you and other hacks like you. You are the one who needs to go, and I think the guy who kicked your ass last year must have loosened your brain even more. Please just go away. No ask to take that PIG Bill Mahr off the air including you, you MORON.

63dearthquake(9 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

Doesn't Hagan have a right as a citizen to start a petition? If you don't agree with him, don't sign it. Quick to quash someone else's first amendment rights if they aren't the same as yours. Go pour yourselves a cup of loony tea, strap your dog to the roof of your car and hit the bricks.

64thinkthentalk(289 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

OMG. All of rushbos advertisers pulled out. All his commercials are public service announcements. Theyre all socialists. Part of the grand socialist agenda. Rightwingers alert and mobilize! Next the lame-stream media is gonna try to take down fox.....

65praxis95(51 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

The government imposes a rule that a religious organization must go against their doctrine in violation of the first amendment and liberals embrace the governments unconstitutional act.

66sam_carter(121 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

EARTH TO PRAXIS... EARTH TO PRAXIS
IMPORTANT CUMUNIQUE
The president already gave the catholic bishops special dispensation. They dont have to pay for contraception and go against their doctrine.
I hope this message gets to the planet youre living on.

67praxis95(51 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

Only after the catholic church brought light to the issue. Then he insisted that the insurance company's pick up the tab. A president who holds himself out a a constitutional lawyer, should known better.

68bsafeandproud(46 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

Its the blowhard Hagans, the Betras's and the Browns of Ohio politics that will assure Gov. Kacich election in 2014 and Senator Josh Mandell in 2012. School vouchers for everyone!

69risingsun(1 comment)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

When you look up the word idiot in the dictionary, you'll see Bob Hagan's picture right there next to it. What an insult to the collective intelligence of our community. The sooner Bob Hagan and David Betras disappear from the Mahoning County political scene, the quicker the Valley will achieve some credibility in economic and political circles.Without question, Limbaugh was off base in what he said, but, according to the Constitution he has a right to say what he wants and face the consequences of his speech, be that cancellation by the sponsors and/or loss of listenership market share.

70sam_carter(121 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

Wow... all this rage,hatred and name calling. rushbo HAS had an effect on our culture, at least to his brainwashed loyal fans. When somebody disagrees with you, you attack him personally.

71Patricia(2 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

Ms Fluke was not a Democratic plant, nor was there any secrecy about her being 30 years old. If you didn't know that, it must be because you listened to Rush instead of the actual news. In addition, the comparison some of you are making w/ Bill Maher is completely invalid. Maher has no sponsors and is on a premium channel of cable. If you tune in, you know what you are going to get - if you don't agree, you don't watch. Limbaugh is on the public airwaves and has sponsors. Asking his sponsors to disentangle themselves from this hate-spewing idiot is completely within all of our rights. And, as others have pointed out, as long as he is not being prevented from vomiting up his venom, it is not infringing on his freedom of speech to ask that our local radio station stop airing him. It seems that quite a few of you weren't paying attention during Civics class in high school!

72sam_carter(121 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

i turned him on for a little bit yesterday, and i could only take 2 minutes of it. Vile, treasonous. hate mongering. out and out lies.
He took an insignificant news bit, and with an outrageous twisted logic, spun it into his usual heinous rhetoric. He planted into simple minds that the Arapaho tribe, using eagle feathers in their ceremonial practices, is Obamas war on Christian religion. Unbelievable. rushbo should be brought up on treason charges for his anti-americanism.

73ytowntk(5 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

Hagan is a useless politician, the next time he works will be the first time, how does he remain in office and milk the taxpayers?...

74Nov1969(6 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

Personally, I think Rush is an idiot. I can't believe people listen to him. However, since I LOVED Maher's sacrilegious comment about Tebow and supported his right to say it, I can hardly call for Rush to be removed from the airwaves.
This is America, where you are free to express your comments. I like Bob, but he is WAY out of line asking for Rush to be removed. If Rush is to be removed, let the market (in effect the people, ratings, etc) dictate that. I support his right to speak his mind (however small it may be).

So while I like Bob, this petition violates the spirit of America. Free SPEECH!

75VINDYAK(1812 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

I also do not listen to Rush, but that is because I don't listen to talk radio.

My thoughts about this are that the media goes nuclear over what Rush says, but yet they support what Bill Maher says and claim he has the First Amendment right to say what he thinks. This is a double standard.

Apparently Constitutional rights are given only to foul mouthed Liberals such as Bill Maher who disparage women with sexual insults and give the President a million dollars for his re-election campaign.

76JJ(28 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

While not a Rush fan this is plain stupid and goes against the 1st amendment...If you don't like it change the channel...I do find some hypocrisy with the right crying 1st Amendment when the conservatives in this country want to remove tv shows, movies, etc. - At the end of the day whatever Rush wants to say he's got the right - besides who takes advice from a pill popper that employs illegal immigrants!!!

77thinkthentalk(289 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

It speaks volumes that 1. nobody will admit that they listen to rushbo. So where are all these 15 - 20 million listeners that he supposedly has? 2. They resort to calling Hagan names. Are you grade school kids? That appears to be your maturity level.

78biggee(43 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

Not gonna read the names they called Hagan. Failure is a good one though. Unless there is a good protest to be had Bob will never win! He carries signs and yells...that's what he does!

79LtMacGowan(689 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

As much as I cant stand and have nothing but utter contempt for that junkie blowhard Limbaugh, and the fact that Im proud to have voted for Hagan, In this instance he s out of order.

Don't get me wrong I'd like to personally stick a sock down his mouth. (I plan to get him to open it by tossing an Oxycontin at him), however, the constitution is clear on this matter. Rush can blabber whatever non sense he wants.

Still its the local broadcasters decision if they want to continue to rebroadcast his show.

80alentown(12 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

A good journalist would have known this girl goes to Georgetown U.not George Washington U. This girl is spending $53,000 a year to go to G-town and wants the university to pay for her contraception? Then her supporters threaten the taxpayers with us having to 'support' her 'unwanted' baby if she gets pregnant. It took a few days but this girl has been calls out for what she is...and that has nothing to do with your 'private life.' She's a Marxist.

81thinkthentalk(289 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

alen, youve overdosed on the rushbo koolaid and oxycoton. youre clueless. go back and read your buddy walts post. the issue is insurance coverage for medication that women need for their ovarys. every woman in the country understands it, every advertiser understands it. if you have a wife, mother, or sister, or female in your life, ask her for the facts. only morons keep reverting to the lies that rushbo spewed out.

82Becky_Roberts(4 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

Step 1. Limbaugh offends a lot of people of both sexes with his vile and unwarranted attack.

Step 2. Millions of people tell radio stations and sponsors that they disagree with Limbaugh.

Step 3. 98 corporations and three radio stations decide they'd rather stay in business than subsidize that misogynistic fat a$$'s "right to free speech."

The system works! Go Hagan!

83LtMacGowan(689 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

and you still can't stop him from being re-elected
(Vote Hagan!)

Services

© 2015 Vindy.com. All rights reserved. A service of The Vindicator.