UPDATE: Hagan petition to get Limbaugh off Youngstown airwaves gaining support

Originally Published: 12:33 p.m., March 6, 2012 and  Updated 04:22 p.m., March 6, 2012

YOUNGSTOWN

State Rep. Robert F. Hagan of Youngstown, D-60th, is circulating a petition to remove conservative talker Rush Limbaugh from Youngstown radio airwaves.

Limbaugh, whose nationally-syndicated show is heard on more than 600 stations, is heard locally on WKBN-AM (570).

The radio host has come under fire after calling a George Washington University law student derogatory names after she testified to congressional Democrats in support of national health care policies that would require employers to offer group health insurance that covers birth control.

Two radio stations, one in Massachusetts and the other in Hawaii, have already dropped Limbaugh’s show as a result of his comments and at least a dozen advertisers have pulled ads from Limbaugh’s show.

Hagan’s petition, available by clicking here, has more than 1,040 signatures this afternoon.

Comments

1JAB(41 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

Hagan is a joke, nothing but lip service.

2Valleys_Voice(149 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

Wow, what is this, a police state? Next stop, 1984!

3MLC75(529 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

I want Buckwheat Bob Hagan out of politics,he is a joke.Get back on your train and leave town Bobby.

4dees2cents(38 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

This is absurd. I think that as an adult, if you do not want to hear what Rush has to say , you are quite capable of changing the channel.
Hagan thinks that he can control what we as individuals listen to?, wrong!!
I personally do not like Rush, but hey , there are those that do and Hagan should have no say so about it.

5DwightK(1256 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

mrrjytown, how did this woman brag about her sex life and why do you have the impression she wants tax payers to pay for her contraception?

6louisbeaver(24 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

read the 1st amendment idiot...great comments by everyone else as well. Now I know why Bob got knocked out at the Lemon Grove...

7DwightK(1256 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

mrrjytown, I did read her testimony. That's why I'm questioning how you think wanting coverage from an insurance company translates into taxpayers funding her contraception.

I'm also still wondering why you think she was bragging about her sex life.

8walter_sobchak(1910 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

People would do well to read the transcript of the testimony she gave and Rush should have. While it has a lot of exaggeration and hyperbole, I don't think she came off as a slut. I would think many Americans support the idea that, since health care costs continue to escalate, revenue is better spent on illness and diseases. Contraceptives as birth control need not be covered under insurance plans but should be purchased otc. However, Fluke made many good points of women that did have underlying conditions in which the hormones in the pill helped to control.

Now, if Limbaugh's speech is offensive to some and he loses advertizers, petitions will be unnecessary as he will not survive. But, he will because, although the MSM continues to blow this out of proportion, quite a large percentage of America agrees with El Rushbo! I wish someone would pass a petition removing Buckwheat from office as I think he is a real buffoon that can cause permanent damage to the state, IF he would actually do anything of substance. Here's a better question: How does MSNBC justify keeping Al Sharpton on their network after all the lies and smear campaigns he has conducted?

9JAB(41 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

One more thing, I'm glad our tax dollars are paying his state senate wages and benefits so he can come up with this petty bs. I would rather see him find solutions of improving this area along with jobs. But he can't, so he will just continue to do what he does best nothing but lip service....

10spinman(70 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

Why do people keep voting for him ??? He is such a blow hard !!!

11johnyoung(241 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

The Vindicator's next on-line poll question should be: "Who is the bigger idiot, Rush Limbaugh or Bob Hagan"?

12palbubba(664 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

The real point here is that once again, Bob Hagan is wasting his time and our dollars pursuing something that is meaningless. If you like Rush, listen, if you don't then don't tune in. If no one were listening he wouldn't be on the air. I am not defending Rush, but I am sure questioning the use of his time by Hagan. He is typical of most politicians that are completely out of solutions to the real problems in this country but want to jump on any issue that might get them some votes. In my humble opinion this once again proves how incompetent Bob Hagan really is. I have no idea how he keeps getting elected. I guess it is the (D) behind his name.

13CantStandYa(123 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

Remember the "BUCKWHEAT" fiasco, Mr. Hagan?

let he who is without racial/sexist slurs cast the first stone.

14PocketfullofAces(1 comment)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

Well, at least Bob Hagan is consistent. He's wrong about everything. Rush is the only reason to listen to 570AM.

15WhatRUAfraidOf(85 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

Mr. Hagan - where can I sign up? (said tongue-in-cheek!). Seriously, though, what aggravates Ms. Fluke and me, too, is why many insurances cover ED medications for men, but refuse to cover contraceptives, even when they are not used for contraception?

Case in point, myself. I have been married to the same person for 29 years. We have two grown children. After our second was born, I had a tubal ligation, as I only ever wanted to have two children. I had to pay for that myself because our insurance did not cover that surgery. I am not complaining about that, though it never made sense that they would cover any number of pregnancies at $15,000 apiece (cost 20+ years ago), but wouldn't pay $2,000 for permanent sterilization.

When I got to my mid-forties, I was having extremely heavy periods, going through a super plus tampon and two pads in an hour. The doctor didn't want to do a hysterectomy because she wanted to see if I could make it to menopause, as that is really the best thing to do for long-term health. She suggested a Mirena, which is an IUS, because one of its side effects is to reduce significantly monthly bleeding and has been approved by the FDA to be used for that purpose. Even though I have what I think is pretty good insurance, they wouldn't cover it because they said it was for contraception, IN SPITE OF the fact that they were advised I had a tubal ligation 23 years prior. In my own case, the cost wasn't prohibitive, $650, but there are a LOT of women who couldn't afford that. What I don't get, though, is why they would cover a hysterectomy for thousands and thousands of dollars, but wouldn't pay $650 for a Mirena because they insisted it was for contraception, even though I provided proof from the original physician that did the tubal. And you wonder why our health care "system" is so screwed up :-(.

If you can explain that to me, then maybe I wouldn't support Ms. Fluke's points to such a degree. Also remember, she was testifying at a hearing that wasn't even official. What is Blowhard, I mean Limbaugh, so afraid of?

16grand4dad(196 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

WhatRUAfraidOf,
You make a lot of valid points. Our insurance companies are very screwed up. In regard to Linbaugh, it is hard for me to muster up any respect for men (like Linbaugh) who obviously have so little regard for women. On the other hand, it's hard for me to have much respect for someone like Hagan in his response to this.

17DwightK(1256 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

mrrjytown, Ms. Fluke is paying for her insurance, so no, I still don't understand why you insist taxpayers are paying for her contraception. She's asking that the government mandate that the insurance policy provide the coverage. She is not asking taxpayers to pay for it. She is picking up the premiums and the insurance policy is provided through the school.

And in looking at the testimony, I still don't see where you got the idea she was "bragging" about her sex life.

Having sex is a normal activity and protecting yourself from unwanted pregnancy is the responsible thing to do.

18olddude(201 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

How does this petition thing work Bob?..What are you going to do with the signatures? Maybe your thinking it works like SB5, Get a lot of signatures together so we will have Rush on the November ballot. Vote yea and he keeps to stay on the radio.. Vote no and he cant... Or maybe on the ballot we can decide if the citizens of Ohio will be a RIGHT TO RUSH STATE...

19jruggieri(2 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

Didn't Rep. Hagan have to pledge to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States when he became an elected official? I seem to remember something (like maybe the 1st Amendment) that protects our freedom of speech, and freedom of the press. Now if Rush Limbaugh broke the law, then maybe Hagan would have a case, but I've heard FAR worse language than the word "slut" being used on the radio waves and TV waves of this country and this city. Not only that, but if you look up the actual definition of the word Rush used, it's hard to argue that it was not used in it's denotative way. Sure it was a poor choice of words for Ms. Fluke, but hardly inaccurate. I'm sure if someone chose to, they could get more signatures on a petition to KEEP Rush on the radio.

20olddude(201 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

Going forward, New York,Illinois, Calif.,and Ohio along with other Blue states can be NO RIGHT TO RUSH states.. Indiana, Texas, Fla can be RIGHT TO RUSH states..

And all these years I thought companies like Nillson did their thing, and advertisers did their thing and thats how radio programming was decided....Silly me..

21valleyred(1097 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

I don't even like Rush and I am against this. Hagan just LOVES to get his name in the newspaper. Why the Vindicator lets him every single week is beyond me!

22Freeatlast(1991 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

Look out the ytown right wing /GOP / tea party class ( low) is showing

23djdhays(1 comment)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

I am a die hard Democrat and I voted for Mr Hagen and will do so again. I am also a veteran, proud to have done my part to defend the freedom we have in this country. I think Rush Limbaugh's methods are appalling and he feeds on the stupidity of others and most of his comments are an insult to my intelligence.. That's my opinion. Of all the people I wish would shut up, he's at the top of the list. Belief in the right to free speech however means supporting that right even when you don't agree with what's being said. Please don't sign this petition.

24jimmyd123(196 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

WOW.. A lot of republican people here.

25olddude(201 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

Yesterday, we had a sitting member of Congress organizing a protest of a Repub. campaigning for president speaking in the sitting members district. today we have another sitting member of Congress organizing a petition to remove someone from speaking on the airwaves in his district...All of this should get national attention.. Only in the Valley..unbelievable to me..And most wonder why it is what it is here in Democtratville.. There have to be checks and balances for democracy to be at its best.. And the two party system is THE WORST FORM OF GOVT. IN THE WORLD (EXCEPT FOR ALL THE REST). But here in the Valley, our leaders will only except one way of thiking..... Their way...

26jimmyd123(196 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

redeem, I also served, but don't give me that freedom of speech bull. If that was your wife, daughter, girlfriend, you to would want him taken off the air. The only reason Rush issued an apology is because he is looking his sponsors left and right. Why do you people make this man out to be a god???? Some of you believe everything this jerk says. If you would listen sometime you may come to the same conclusion.

27jimmyd123(196 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

red, I never said I was related, but by your comment everyone can tell your one of the "ditto heads". To me it would not make a difference if he was a D or an R. Any person who is that degrading towards a woman should not be on the radio.

28SickofJimbo(140 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

Hagan
Who are you? The moral conscience of Y Town.
You have leached of the system for years so just shut up. And by the way get rid of the mullet

29legend33(169 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

Rush is an arse, but no way is WKBN going to lose all that advertising revenue during his show. It comes down to the all mighty buck these days!

30ohio11pm(23 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

I am tired of liberals saying and doing anything they want and every time a conservative says anything they don't like they try to "remove" them. Free speech is free speech. It doesn't matter if you are a liberal or conservative, your right to free speech should be protected. If you don't like what a radio or tv host says, you have the right to turn it off.

I don't like Bill Maher (remember he called Sarah Palin a c-nt), but I don't try to get him off the air. I just don't turn his show on.

31cambridge(3013 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

Since limbaigh speaks for the teabagger/republicans it's important that he remains on the air and reminds the rest of us how they think and how we should vote.

Just look at all the polls and how any of the tb/r's stack up against Obama. I want to personally thank rush and the tb/r candidates for those poll results. Keep up the good work.

32Madchemist(5 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

Hagan will find any reason to get his name in the paper or his face on the television. Doesn't he have more important work to do then worry about Rush Limbaugh's freedom of speech and sponsor's freedom to withdrawal their advertising dollars. Turn the knob Hagan if you don't like Limbaugh.

33mjnovaksr(95 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

Perhaps Rush used intemperate language in describing Ms Fluke, but this type of controversy is just what Ms Fluke and her handlers (the Socialist Democrats in Washington) wanted to create! It forces everyone to focus on everything but the issue at hand, which is that if Ms Fluke wants to live a loose and immoral lifestyle she should pay for her contraception herself.... she is long over the emancipated age of 18 and can do with her life as she wants! But the only reason this woman is going to Georgetown (a Catholic University) is to push this issue until she gets the school to ignore their values and provide her and all other unnamed students with contraceptives, abortions, and all manner of after pregnancy abortives. Clearly, she should be attending another school....and there are many, many in that area. Let's call it what it is... a blatant attempt to cast anyone, including the Catholic Church, who is pro-life, in a bad light and to support the monstrosity called ObamaCare and all its rules and regs to be defined later! Rush was right to call her and the Socialist Democrats out, but he should have been more subtle with the name calling.... like when the Demigogs called Bush a Hitler and a Fascist and many, many more names .... none of which they've apologized for to this day!!

34mjnovaksr(95 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

Bob Hagan is perhaps the biggest joke of all time, and he fits this valley to a tee. Narrow and bigoted, and fighting hard to prevent anyone from voicing their opinion IF it doesn't agree with him and his Socialist Democrat partyline. He is a good reader, and can accurately repeat anything and everything he's told to say.... as most good little Socialist Democrats are! But my parrot is cheaper and he sounds better!

35BenitaDrugs(42 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

Why not protest the 500 jobs lost at the mail center downtown Bobby

36bobhogue(102 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

This is not about freedom of speech. Rush Limbaugh is, as are all syndicated talk-show hosts, a businessman. He sells a product (his show). Radio stations are free to buy it, or not. At the same time, the people who are supposed to be served by a radio station have the right to ask the station to carry, or not carry, certain programs.

Had someone suggested that Mr. Limbaugh not be ALLOWED to offer his radio show, or to have a website, or to express his opinions in any venue, down to a soapbox on a street corner, THAT would be an abridgement of freedom of speech. But his offering of a talk show and the decision to carry that show or not have nothing to do with limiting free speech.

For what it's worth: Yes, of course, Bill Maher's comments were equally offensive. And everything said above applies to him as well.

It is important to understand the difference between freedom of speech and the offering of speech as a commercial product.

37formerdemliberal(182 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

Dear Mr. Hagan,

Remember your “Buckwheat” reference that you had always said since you were a kid. According to you, no harm done..

But maybe that was just a subconscious slip of the tongue that told your true beliefs about area minorities, especially after Jay Williams blew you away for mayor despite big-time Dem and union support. Those traitors! You defend the federal government for forcing religious institutions to give up their religious freedom to decide to pay for contraceptives despite their beliefs, while using your authority to decide what is acceptable speech. I would call that being a hypocrite and demagogue.

Despite your Irish-Catholic background, it appears that you long ago sold your soul to the altar of the state and political power when it comes to personal morality decisions.

Rather than working collaboratively with the gas and oil industry to bring new jobs into the area, you threaten regulation to maintain your power base and "protect" the public from the evils of private industry. You and other local Dems have as long understood that long as the majority of area citizens remains poor, undereducated and dependent on government support, you'll continue to take advantage of others with your fear-mongering in the name of "compassion" to feed your own political self-interest and union cronies. Keeping the majority dependent on government handouts means majority votes. And that, sir, is what you have always been about.

You have always been about yourself and maintaining the Hagan brand name. Can't you be happy that you bought your name on 711 so that you'll be remembered forever like the pharaohs and pyramids?

I've always believed that you've had an inferiority complex to compensate for big-brother Tim's personal and professional success while you were stuck "workin' on the railroad". Tim’s Wikipedia is full of Kennedy references, including being godfather to one of Bobby Kennedy’s grandchildren and of course married to a movie star, Kate Mulgrew. Because of this, you have always felt the need to overcompensate by letting everyone know how important you think you are being a big fish in a small pond like Youngstown.

But you are such a little man in the eyes of many. Your 711 sign will come down someday or people will say “Who the hell was he?”

I read in the fine print of your petition that MoveOn.org sponsors your website. This provides more evidence of your radicalism (i.e., Bill Ayers) and your true motivations regarding silencing speech that does not please you.

Finally, your hero John F. Kennedy fought in WWII and the Soviet Union to defend the freedoms you are attempting to limit. You're fighting against a fellow American for speaking his mind, albeit in a way for which he has already apologized.

Shame on you. Try to do something constructive for this area and the people that you say that you serve, rather than telling others how to think.

38mspiggy(23 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

I wish I could turn Hagan off just like Rush. Him and Gerberry gotta go.

39AnotherAverageCitizen(1174 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

For me its simple. I don't care for Rush so I don't listen to him. I never would have known what he said if it weren't for the media. All the media is, is free advertising for the people looking for attention.

Should he be taken off the air? NO. Just change your listening habits if you don't like what some one has to say.

40DrGoo(297 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

You people need to learn what free speech really means.
FYI Hagan is not infringing on Rush's free speech

41Jenerick13(5 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

Interesting all the liberals on here who are appauled at Rush yet didn't show any outrage at one of their own calling Sarah Palin a C@#$ on national tv. Hypocrites... just sayin'

42rightofronnie(11 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

The issue here is that Bob Hagan is going against what he and his liberal buddies have fought for all of their lives...freedom of speech! You see, it is funny to those of us that are of a conservative nature to watch the hypocritical liberals who fight for freedoms that they then want to take away when it affects them in a negative manner. Mr. Hagan, you should be ashamed of yourself for making such an idiotic request.

43salem26(13 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

Although Rush maybe didn't use the most tactful words to describe Miss Fluke, (Who by the way is NOT a current law student at Georgetown as Vindy reports, but is actually a feminist activist who works at Georgetown and graduated years ago.), I think he describe her lifestyle fairly well. An woman who claims to spend $ 3000 on contraception and is having financial problems because she is having so much sex in my mind is a Sl__. Why do people feel they are entitled by law for free contraceptives from their issuance in the first place? What ever happened to people taking some responsibility and paying for their own $1 condom? Although sex is pleasurable and needed for human reproduction, it is not essential for staying alive, unlike heart conditions, diabetes, and other things that health issuance covers. Using this logic, should the federal government mandate that issuance companies pay for everyone's food, since food is essential for life?

44Jenerick13(5 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

BTW, why is a government official using taxpayer time & money to try and squash the constitutional rights of a private citizen?
Apparently the state of Ohio has no other problems...

45Lifes2Short(3877 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

Amazing how a talk show host calls someone a name and everyone gets in a uproar. The guy apologized so now move on with Life their are way more important things to worry about then some guys remarks. Get real. Society is becoming way to soft.

46praxis95(51 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

Hagan's attempt to silence a voice of opposition is one more step in the direction of a class society controlled by a self appointed intellectual elite who think they know what is best for all of us. Freedom of speech exist only when its understood to encompass a right to offend.

47Lifes2Short(3877 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

talk

"The problem is that rushbo lies and spreads hatred."

See talk, that is the nice thing about America, you have the freedom to listen or not to listen. No one forces anyone to listen to the guy, it's there choice. Personally, I don't listen to him. So real simple. Change the channel if you don't like the guy. No big deal.

48rightofronnie(11 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

talk

Are you trying to tell me that those media outlets on the Liberal Left don't spread "lies and hatred"? As a matter of fact, your president seems to do a lot of his own lying and spreading of racial-class warfare hatred! The part that I enjoy most about many of these conversations is that most people have a very conservative outlook on whatever the topic is. Those same people are probably democrats! I wish that those of you who are and have a conservative mindset, would stop voting for these IDIOT democrats in this valley, state and country and start voting for the people with your same VALUES AND PRINCIPLES!

49faith(200 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

Way to go Bobby!! You got my vote. Don't worry about all this smack on here, if you were passing out $100 bills they would still complain.

Vote Hagan!

50walter_sobchak(1910 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

talk,
If you listen to Rush, you would know that his STATED goal is to point out the absurdity in the world by being absurd. It can be very entertaining. Using hyperbole to make your point is a valuable mechanism in speech. Now, in this case, he originally used a poor choice in words in calling her a slut and a prostitute and he rightly made an apology about that fact. I think it was a poor comparison. He really needs to apologize for his remarks on the second day about posting sex videos on the net as this was wholly inappropriate and demeaning.

51Jenerick13(5 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

Thinkthentalk... I do not find his comment to be funny, my question is still where was your outrage at the Democrats calling Sarah Palin an even worse name (the Big C word)?? You want to crucify Rush because he is a Republican yet you have no issue with a Democrat using such a horrible word to describe a Republican. It's hypocritical, plain and simple.

52Jenerick13(5 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

I wasn't keeping score, just pointing out yet again the hypocrisy of people on here. It is wrong for ANYONE to say nasty stuff like that regardless of political affiliation! I see no point in continuing to debate this with you considering you state you were taught better and to be respectful. I am not really thinking its very respectful to call people rednecks and morons because they share a different view than you. The hypocrisy continues...

53sameolhub(55 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

Hagan you hack, you have been in local politics for how many years? I am 57 and for as long as I can remember you have been eating at the public trough. Look around the Mahoning Valley, look at the mess you made, you and other hacks like you. You are the one who needs to go, and I think the guy who kicked your ass last year must have loosened your brain even more. Please just go away. No ask to take that PIG Bill Mahr off the air including you, you MORON.

54dearthquake(9 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

Doesn't Hagan have a right as a citizen to start a petition? If you don't agree with him, don't sign it. Quick to quash someone else's first amendment rights if they aren't the same as yours. Go pour yourselves a cup of loony tea, strap your dog to the roof of your car and hit the bricks.

55praxis95(51 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

The government imposes a rule that a religious organization must go against their doctrine in violation of the first amendment and liberals embrace the governments unconstitutional act.

56sam_carter(87 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

EARTH TO PRAXIS... EARTH TO PRAXIS
IMPORTANT CUMUNIQUE
The president already gave the catholic bishops special dispensation. They dont have to pay for contraception and go against their doctrine.
I hope this message gets to the planet youre living on.

57praxis95(51 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

Only after the catholic church brought light to the issue. Then he insisted that the insurance company's pick up the tab. A president who holds himself out a a constitutional lawyer, should known better.

58bsafeandproud(45 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

Its the blowhard Hagans, the Betras's and the Browns of Ohio politics that will assure Gov. Kacich election in 2014 and Senator Josh Mandell in 2012. School vouchers for everyone!

59risingsun(1 comment)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

When you look up the word idiot in the dictionary, you'll see Bob Hagan's picture right there next to it. What an insult to the collective intelligence of our community. The sooner Bob Hagan and David Betras disappear from the Mahoning County political scene, the quicker the Valley will achieve some credibility in economic and political circles.Without question, Limbaugh was off base in what he said, but, according to the Constitution he has a right to say what he wants and face the consequences of his speech, be that cancellation by the sponsors and/or loss of listenership market share.

60sam_carter(87 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

Wow... all this rage,hatred and name calling. rushbo HAS had an effect on our culture, at least to his brainwashed loyal fans. When somebody disagrees with you, you attack him personally.

61Patricia(2 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

Ms Fluke was not a Democratic plant, nor was there any secrecy about her being 30 years old. If you didn't know that, it must be because you listened to Rush instead of the actual news. In addition, the comparison some of you are making w/ Bill Maher is completely invalid. Maher has no sponsors and is on a premium channel of cable. If you tune in, you know what you are going to get - if you don't agree, you don't watch. Limbaugh is on the public airwaves and has sponsors. Asking his sponsors to disentangle themselves from this hate-spewing idiot is completely within all of our rights. And, as others have pointed out, as long as he is not being prevented from vomiting up his venom, it is not infringing on his freedom of speech to ask that our local radio station stop airing him. It seems that quite a few of you weren't paying attention during Civics class in high school!

62sam_carter(87 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

i turned him on for a little bit yesterday, and i could only take 2 minutes of it. Vile, treasonous. hate mongering. out and out lies.
He took an insignificant news bit, and with an outrageous twisted logic, spun it into his usual heinous rhetoric. He planted into simple minds that the Arapaho tribe, using eagle feathers in their ceremonial practices, is Obamas war on Christian religion. Unbelievable. rushbo should be brought up on treason charges for his anti-americanism.

63ytowntk(5 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

Hagan is a useless politician, the next time he works will be the first time, how does he remain in office and milk the taxpayers?...

64Nov1969(6 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

Personally, I think Rush is an idiot. I can't believe people listen to him. However, since I LOVED Maher's sacrilegious comment about Tebow and supported his right to say it, I can hardly call for Rush to be removed from the airwaves.
This is America, where you are free to express your comments. I like Bob, but he is WAY out of line asking for Rush to be removed. If Rush is to be removed, let the market (in effect the people, ratings, etc) dictate that. I support his right to speak his mind (however small it may be).

So while I like Bob, this petition violates the spirit of America. Free SPEECH!

65VINDYAK(1799 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

I also do not listen to Rush, but that is because I don't listen to talk radio.

My thoughts about this are that the media goes nuclear over what Rush says, but yet they support what Bill Maher says and claim he has the First Amendment right to say what he thinks. This is a double standard.

Apparently Constitutional rights are given only to foul mouthed Liberals such as Bill Maher who disparage women with sexual insults and give the President a million dollars for his re-election campaign.

66GTX66(343 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

Rush's show is number one in the nation for that time slot. Is Pizza Face Hagan going to pay WKBN or Clear Channel the lost revenue? Limbaugh has apologized and has lost sponsors over this. Hagan , the man that talks Jobs is trying to take someones job away. But that is what these communist left wing nuts do., Rush can be replaced by Michael Savage.
Hagan can be replaced by a clown.

67JJ(28 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

While not a Rush fan this is plain stupid and goes against the 1st amendment...If you don't like it change the channel...I do find some hypocrisy with the right crying 1st Amendment when the conservatives in this country want to remove tv shows, movies, etc. - At the end of the day whatever Rush wants to say he's got the right - besides who takes advice from a pill popper that employs illegal immigrants!!!

68biggee(43 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

Not gonna read the names they called Hagan. Failure is a good one though. Unless there is a good protest to be had Bob will never win! He carries signs and yells...that's what he does!

69pwhite1027(106 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

When is Hagann term limited out? Didn't voters approve a change in the Ohio Constitution twenty years ago to stop idiots like him from embarrassing us for decades on end. He's the laughing stock of Ohio. It reflects on us and it is terrible for our image.

70Hlecter(59 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

For accuracy

The 711 connector is named after Hagan's father, Bob Sr.

Why does the vindy foment this kind of nonsense anyway? Look at the headline of the article. "Gaining support"? 1,040 signatures......OOOOOhhhhh nice, what a groundswell of activism.

Further there was a short notice in the Vindy that Betras and the Dem Party was planning a "protest" against republicans at, I think was the McKinley dinner. The notice was listed as news.
It should have been a paid ad, paid for by the Mahoning County Democratic Party. Or else, please print this Vindy:

Protest is planned for 1 April at 1700 , at all local Democrat Party offices and also the Obama office in downtown Youngstown. It's just a "protest" against Democrats, no real reason will be stated, just like the "protest" that Komissar Betras arranged. We are holding it on 1 April because of the nice relationship that day has with stupid tricks and lies. All conservatives and liberals that can actually think for themselves are welcome.

Print that ASAP please and don't bill me.

71LtMacGowan(643 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

As much as I cant stand and have nothing but utter contempt for that junkie blowhard Limbaugh, and the fact that Im proud to have voted for Hagan, In this instance he s out of order.

Don't get me wrong I'd like to personally stick a sock down his mouth. (I plan to get him to open it by tossing an Oxycontin at him), however, the constitution is clear on this matter. Rush can blabber whatever non sense he wants.

Still its the local broadcasters decision if they want to continue to rebroadcast his show.

72alentown(12 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

A good journalist would have known this girl goes to Georgetown U.not George Washington U. This girl is spending $53,000 a year to go to G-town and wants the university to pay for her contraception? Then her supporters threaten the taxpayers with us having to 'support' her 'unwanted' baby if she gets pregnant. It took a few days but this girl has been calls out for what she is...and that has nothing to do with your 'private life.' She's a Marxist.

73Becky_Roberts(4 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

Step 1. Limbaugh offends a lot of people of both sexes with his vile and unwarranted attack.

Step 2. Millions of people tell radio stations and sponsors that they disagree with Limbaugh.

Step 3. 98 corporations and three radio stations decide they'd rather stay in business than subsidize that misogynistic fat a$$'s "right to free speech."

The system works! Go Hagan!

74bmanresident(597 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

My favorite thing to do is vote against Bob Hagan.

75LtMacGowan(643 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

and you still can't stop him from being re-elected
(Vote Hagan!)