Police investigate two home invasions

Published: Thu, March 1, 2012 @ 12:00 a.m.

By John W. Goodwin Jr.

jgoodwin@vindy.com

YOUNGSTOWN

Youngstown police are investigating two separate home invasions reported early Wednesday.

A 40-year-old Ohio Avenue woman told police she was sleeping in a back room of her home about 4 a.m. when she was awakened by three men standing over her in dark clothes with covered faces demanding money.

One of the men grabbed the woman’s purse and dumped it out taking her wallet, cellphone and three prescription bottles containing various pills.

Police determined the men entered the house after kicking in the front door.

A 56-year-old North Osborne man told police two men broke into his West Side home and assaulted him and a 30-year-old friend who was visiting from Austintown.

According to police, the resident of the home was lying on a sofa about 2:30 a.m. when he heard someone attempting to open his front door. He opened the door to see who it was and was pushed backward by two men. The men began choking and beating him.

The friend was assaulted as he walked from an adjacent room into the living room where the resident was being assaulted.

The resident told the men to take whatever they wanted and leave to which one of the men replied, “I only want your life.”

Police recovered six bullets and a glove apparently left behind by the assailants after they ran out of the home.

Comments

1steelwagon(284 comments)posted 2 years, 8 months ago

“I only want your life.”

It's 2:30am and some pos is attempting to open a locked door at my home.
They better pray I'm deaf as a post or have died in my sleep because once that door opens they will be welcomed by a round of 12ga .00 buck.

Their head will be missing before they hit the ground and they'll never hear the next 12ga slug round being jacked and fired just for good measure or to take out their partner.

They will never get inside my home to hurt my family and I'll gladly take my chances in front of a jury of my peers.

All law abiding citizens should arm themselves,get a ccw license,learn everything possible about your weapon or weapons,go to the range for reguler practice.

And God forbid should the need arise don't hesitate to defend your life,your family and your property.

2Lifes2Short(3877 comments)posted 2 years, 8 months ago

"The three men then ran from the house. The victim told police she did not hear a vehicle drive away after the men ran left."

Could imagine 3 little cowardly animals running in the dark. Pitiful.

"According to police, the resident of the home was lying on a sofa about 2:30 a.m. when he heard someone attempting to open his front door."

I would have swung opened the door and opened fire on them right between the eyes. Then ask questions later.

3Photoman(1013 comments)posted 2 years, 8 months ago

The individuals who posted the above two comments would most likely, in our current judicial system, be jailed and charged with a felony of one sort or another. The courts and the attorneys would take everything these persons own and there would most likely be additional lawsuits filed by the families of the intruders. This is what we have allowed our system to become.

4Lifes2Short(3877 comments)posted 2 years, 8 months ago

To protect my family, I could care less about the consequences. It's irrelevant what happens to me if someone is threatening my family.

GOD is the only one that I fear.

5BusDriver(46 comments)posted 2 years, 8 months ago

Would never open door at 3 am, call the cops get upstairs if they enter stay upstairs let my dogs take care of them for a bit and wait at the top of the stairs with a gun. At 3 am someone is trying to kick in the door do you really think this is a friend trying to get in i dont think so.

6Askmeificare(700 comments)posted 2 years, 8 months ago

@ steelwagon and lifes2short:

Right on! I couldn't have stated it better.