HIV-positive woman charged with felonious assault

Published: Thu, June 21, 2012 @ 6:33 p.m.

HIV-positive woman charged with felonious assault

BOARDMAN

A woman who called police to report domestic violence was charged herself with felonious assault after police learned she did not disclose her HIV-positive status to her boyfriend.

Tyeashea D. Taltoan, 27, told police her boyfriend David Brooks, 50, punched her in the face Tuesday evening during an argument at the Wagon Wheel Motel on Market Street, where the couple had been staying, and that she wanted to file domestic violence charges, according to reports. Police said they interviewed Brooks, who told them they were fighting because Taltoan did not disclose that she had HIV, the virus that causes AIDS, during their seven-month relationship when they had unprotected sexual relations.

Brooks said he confronted Taltoan after finding HIV-related medicine and that he wanted to pursue charges against her, reports state.

Brooks is charged with misdemeanor domestic violence. He and Taltoan were taken to Mahoning County jail.

In May, a Mahoning County Common Pleas judge sentenced Randal Brown, 23, of Youngstown, to a three-year prison term for having unprotected sex with a woman while knowing he was infected with HIV.

Brown had pleaded guilty to felonious assault and could have faced a prison sentence of up to eight years.

Comments

1stan_smagala(56 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

Boardman. What a ghetto.

2Booch(3 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

Hello I am Tyeashea OLDER sister from Seattle and praying for my mom Mr Brooks was well aware of Tyeashea situation per phone conversation with him and sister after I did an background check on Mr Brooks to find out that he a history of abusing woman which he has spent his whole life in and out of prison I gave my sister clear warning that this Guy is dangerous and Mr Brooks " I know what Tyeashea situation is and don't need you or the rest of your family checking on me stay the f out of our business" I thought it was very suspect that he took news like that too easy which leads me to believe that he had the virus prior to dating my sister and my.had it while in prison he is only using her situation to beat the dv case and know the odds are against him due to his past he has made it clear to other family members also that he knew of tyeashas situation. I do believe truth will come

3dejablue(5 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

Thats why you should use protection because people are nasty as hell.... He should have beat her down shes the one with HIV..come clean dont be tryna burn people......

4Booch(3 comments)posted 2 years, 6 months ago

TYEASHA WE LOVE YOU DESPITE ALL WE KNOW THE TRUTH AND LET HIGHER POWER SPEAK FOR IT SELF

5Booch(3 comments)posted 2 years, 5 months ago

To all critics all charges where dropped against my baby sis the truth always wins at the end and don't judge a person so easily her situation can be any of us