Youngstown police, dog warden looking for killer of puppies

Published: Mon, January 30, 2012 @ 8:57 p.m.

YOUNGSTOWN — City police and the Mahoning County dog warden are looking for those responsible for killing two puppies.

The dead puppies were found about 2 p.m. Monday in an island on West Federal Street, near the Western Reserve Transit Authority’s Federal Station, police said. The two puppies were black and brown and had string wrapped around their legs and neck, according to reports.

Comments

1Ginger76(178 comments)posted 2 years, 10 months ago

So, no one saw anything - yet again!!

This disgusting impotent filth of a man is walking among us.

2Lifes2Short(3878 comments)posted 2 years, 10 months ago

You just want to wrap your hands around this sick little pitiful sorry excuse of a human beings neck and squeeze until his eyes pop out and ask this low life, cockroach, Why?

3USNBOY413(17 comments)posted 2 years, 10 months ago

You guys complian when I say "Youngstown Trash". THIS is what I'm talking about!!! Only trash does this to two little defenseless puppies! I think they ought to catch whoever did this and hog tie them and wrap them in a plastic bag! These people are mentally messed up! This stuff should same as death, death penalty! These ignorant fools could have ran an ad in the paper, put them on craigslist, took them to a animal shelter but NO they took it apon themselves to destroy two puppies who could have had a beautiful life with a family that loved it more than they love themselves. This stuff makes NO SENSE!!! Why is it so hard for people around here to do the right thing? It seems like no one cares about anything or anyone that won't make them money. This area is disgusting because it harbors POS's like this idiot! I hope the cops find them before I do! Those puppies could have been a therapy dog for someone! Now, some disabled person, kid, elderly person doesn't have a companion. They say a dog is the only thing on this earth that will love you more than it loves itself. That is absolutely true!

4Leilani53(1 comment)posted 2 years, 10 months ago

This makes me so mad, & our laws do NOTHING to these people,, this MUST stop, please someone tell me how us caring people can do something to put these people away for a long time. I just read on FB another horrible story about dog abuse, children put fireworks in a German Shepards mouth & lit them, destroyed this poor animals face & head. I just give up on society.

5teddybear6(35 comments)posted 2 years, 10 months ago

As someone who is currently fostering puppies for one of the shelters, I am completely taken aback by this act of cruelty. I wish when people torture animals like this and they are caught that we could torture the offenders in the same way they tortured the animals. What a shame. I hope they find the criminals and put them behind bars.

6BIGDOG69(27 comments)posted 2 years, 10 months ago

Unfortunately Ohio laws for animal abuse are absured and the court system is a JOKE!!! Give me a few days in the woods with this piece of garbage and I promise you justice will be served.
Trash like this starts with animals and it's just a matter of time before they move on to another species.
This piece of crap will probably end up with a fine from our wonderful court system.

7boxerlover(131 comments)posted 2 years, 10 months ago

Sad, just horrifically sad. Tried to convey my thoughts but just can't put into words the disgust I feel about this entire scenario. One person that has my prayers and that's Dave Nelson. The things he sees and has to endure, we could just never fathom. Thank you Dave. I don't know how you do it.

8DwightK(1292 comments)posted 2 years, 10 months ago

This guy has to be found. It's puppies today but soon he'll move on to people.

9WhatRUAfraidOf(85 comments)posted 2 years, 10 months ago

Aw, the poor puppies! This makes me so sad :-(. A person who would do such a thing has no respect for life, no compassion, no pity. This is disgusting.

When God gave us dominion over the animals, I don't think he meant for us to do something like this to them. I always sort of thought he meant for us to take care of them, since they are his creatures, too.

10sammebean(4 comments)posted 2 years, 10 months ago

If you are not OUTRAGED you are NOT PAYING ATTENTION! Call Mr. Batchelders office today and tell them you are calling to urge HB108 onto the floor for a vote NOW! 614-466-8140!

11Rooster(78 comments)posted 2 years, 10 months ago

We better hope they find that cockroach quick. There's nearly always some abused kids mixed up in these kind of stories. You find an animal abuser, you'll find a child abuser.

12rabbit66(20 comments)posted 2 years, 9 months ago

Even if these monsters are caught, they only face misdemeanor charges. Essentially, a parking ticket, or public drunkenness. No big deal, the victims are "just dogs", right? What happens when these jerks move on to children? or the elderly?

After every horrific story, everyone says, "How can someone do that? Terrible... Horrible...Something should be done!"

"Something" IS being done, and YOU can "do something" too.

HB108 will allow the possibility of FELONY charges for animal abusers.

It takes 30 seconds to say "I'm an Ohio voter, and I am calling to urge Mr. Batchelder to move HB108 onto the floor for a vote!" 614-466-8140