Lamont McQueen, 20, indicted in most recent shooting death
By John W. Goodwin Jr.
A Mahoning County grand jury indicted the 20-year-old man who admitted to police he shot the city’s most-recent homicide victim.
Lamont McQueen, of East Lucius Avenue, has been indicted on a murder charge and two counts of felonious assault with firearm specifications. The murder charge and one of the felonious assault charges stem from the shooting of 19-year-old Cedrick Robinson of Youngstown.
McQueen also is charged with felonious assault for attempting to cause harm to O’Keefe Brown with a gun. Brown, 18, of Youngs-town was not mentioned in any previous police reports associated with the shooting.
If convicted as charged, he faces 18 years to life in prison.
Police say McQueen admitted he shot Robinson after the two “were tussling” in the driveway at McQueen’s South Side home. The shooting occurred about 3:20 p.m. Feb. 15.
Robinson was lying face up at the end of the driveway and unresponsive when officers arrived, and McQueen was walking from one side of the drive to the other, acting nervous, according to police reports.
McQueen also took officers to the gun used in the shooting, which was in the garage of a nearby house, police said.
McQueen, who does not have a previous criminal record, has been in the county jail on a $1 million bond since the shooting. He likely will be arraigned March 6 in common pleas court.
According to police, Robinson was a person of interest in the Jan. 28 shooting death of Carlos Crues Jr., 17, who was gunned down leaving a party on the city’s East Side.
Police said they also believe Robinson had been responsible for threatening potential witnesses in that shooting.