2 arrested in purse theft from Boardman Walmart

Published: Fri, December 21, 2012 @ 11:24 p.m.

BOARDMAN

Two women were arrested Friday after an investigation into a purse theft at Walmart.

Police were called about 2 a.m. today to Walmart, 1300 Doral Drive, where a 25-year-old woman reported she had set her purse down to look at merchandise, and then it was stolen.

Store security cameras showed a woman, who police believe was Ashley Nicole Taylor, 24, of Youngstown, who picked up the purse and walked out of the store with another woman.

A loss-prevention worker called police when the two women returned to Walmart that night.

Taylor is charged with felony theft. The woman she was with, Mae Lee Thomas, 40, of Youngstown, was picked up for a criminal mischief warrant out of Mercer County, Pa., according to reports. The purse was returned to the woman, police said.

Comments

1bmanresident(597 comments)posted 1 year, 8 months ago

Is anyone else surprised that the suspects are from Youngstown?

2Lifes2Short(3875 comments)posted 1 year, 8 months ago

Nope!

3lovethiscity(144 comments)posted 1 year, 8 months ago

Is anyone surprised that you two tools made another stupid comment?

Nope!

4MLC75(526 comments)posted 1 year, 8 months ago

@lovethecity,the only tools are you and the two pieces of trash that stole the purse.

5lovethiscity(144 comments)posted 1 year, 8 months ago

And another tool crawls out from under his rock. Key board warriors living in mommy's basement.

6JoeFromHubbard(1013 comments)posted 1 year, 8 months ago

@ taxme:
I'm surprised to see that you think Columbiana is a greater source of problem people than Boardman itself, unless I misread your comment.

Boardman has become home to many trouble makers. It has long ago lost its innocents.

7MLC75(526 comments)posted 1 year, 8 months ago

I would think the people in Columbiana ,would steal from their own Walmart in Salem.

8DoninFL(159 comments)posted 1 year, 8 months ago

Tools ? Did the comment poster mean FOOLS ? or is this another name for an ethnic group? Here in FL I notice lately the police reports describe the bad guy as having dreadlocks. What does that tell you?

9cambridge(2984 comments)posted 1 year, 8 months ago

don....you're comment tells me you're a racist.

10jmackman(6 comments)posted 1 year, 8 months ago

Crime is everywhere. It's the result of jobs, schools, the breakdown of the community, families. It's 35 years in the making. Sometimes I wonder if Youngstown is a case study for what happens when a city is destroyed by the variables that beset its residents. We now are in Toronto and my wife doesn't sit her purse down anytime. You don't tempt people regardless of who they are or where they are from. The dread statement isn't racist, coming from a black man. It's a description. When they don't mention any characteristics it's usually a white suspect. But it’s rare that they say, the suspect is a white male. Or maybe I don’t hear it. We as African Americans are very sensitive to people putting the blame on an entire race because of the actions of a few. But again Youngstown is unlike no other and the division of people. I remember my father listening to the radio and listening to the talk shows to get a feel of how the callers thought. Incidents were always divided by racial lines.

11Lifes2Short(3875 comments)posted 1 year, 8 months ago

Did he really say Tools? LMFAO!

12Lifes2Short(3875 comments)posted 1 year, 8 months ago

cambridge

""don....you're comment tells me you're a racist.""

Why is it because someone says (..the police reports describe the bad guy as having dreadlocks.) there considered "racist?" Really? Can't say nothing without the "racist" word involved. smh at society today.

jman

""It's a description. When they don't mention any characteristics it's usually a white suspect. But it’s rare that they say, the suspect is a white male. Or maybe I don’t hear it.""

Really? Now I've seen 99.9999% of the time, if it's a black suspect there is no mention, but if it's a white person, it's mentioned every time. (not just in the vindy but in all of the media worldwide).
Awhile ago, I showed examples of just this from all over.

"I remember my father listening to the radio and listening to the talk shows to get a feel of how the callers thought. Incidents were always divided by racial lines."

Not just in Youngstown but all over the ole USA.

13Sparky(178 comments)posted 1 year, 8 months ago

I think craftsman tools are really good

14cambridge(2984 comments)posted 1 year, 8 months ago

2short....If you're going to quote someones post you should at least do it accurately.

The quote was: "Here in FL I notice lately the police reports describe the bad guy as having dreadlocks. What does that tell you?"

The REAL quote tells me that don is a racist and you can't read.

15Lifes2Short(3875 comments)posted 1 year, 7 months ago

camb

Oh, so Don is a racist for making a comment, which I have no clue how you can come up with calling him one from his, REAL quote. You don't know Don, do you? Explain why it's a racist comment? Dreadlocks? That's racist? Since when?
I'm sure I can read Skippy, College graduate, Navy veteran and on and on.....but you should be careful calling someone a racist when you have no clue what kind of person they are.
It's funny how fools say someone is racist because of a comment! What a society we live in. smh at such stupidity.

16Voodoosdaddy(12 comments)posted 1 year, 7 months ago

I wonder what she looks like, actually, it looks like we already covered that topic.

17masbizkit99(4 comments)posted 1 year, 7 months ago

These types of things will continue until our justice system improves. . you gotta blame the liberals for the soft penalties these crooks get. We need better justice for victims. There are good cops and bad cops unfortunately in ytown its a mixture of the two. The police need to do a better job of tracking down criminals and solving crimes but their hands are tied due to our poor laws and budget cuts.