No injuries in $16K Warren house fire


Staff report

WARREN

Damage was estimated at $16,000 from a 1:05 a.m. house fire at 2335 Burton Street Southeast on Friday.

One man was inside the house when the fire started, saying he heard a “crackling” noise coming from a bedroom. He got out safely before firefighters arrived and extinguished the blaze.

The man, who lived in an apartment in the house, reported having no renter’s insurance.

The fire caused heat, fire and smoke damage to the first floor.

The man’s mother also lives at the residence, but she was not home at the time, said Ken Nussle, Warren fire chief.

Don't Miss a Story

Sign up for our newsletter to receive daily news directly in your inbox.