BREAKING NEWS: Police have suspect in 8-year-old's shooting death

Published: Mon, August 20, 2012 @ 4:51 p.m.

YOUNGSTOWN — A man who detectives described as a “person of interest” in the murder of an 8-year-old city boy is now in police custody.

Police said they picked up Shawn Ramone Wilson, 21, of Youngstown, a person of interest about 4 p.m. today on an unrelated parole violation and took him to the Mahoning County jail.

Police say they are continuing the investigation and could charge Wilson as early as Tuesday with the murder of Bryce Linebaugh, of 1404 Maplewood Court.

Police Chief Rod Foley said police don’t believe Bryce and his home were the intended target of the shooter.

For the complete story, read Tuesday’s Vindicator and Vindy.com

Comments

1lawman201279(3 comments)posted 2 years ago

Great job for catching this animal. I can't imagine the loss of a child. My regards to the family. I'm sure with what I'm about to say will make me sound "hard or harsh" but I believe what could make the crime decline in youngstown and in the united states concerning these types of crimes would be death by firing squad. I believe if our country were strict like I stated above and we made an example out of this animal, I guarantee the murder rate would decline. But unfortunately we live in a society that is soft . Just my opinion I guess

2mrblue(976 comments)posted 2 years ago

If he is the one, he is an animal and should be put down. Please pray for the family of this child.

3bookgirl(29 comments)posted 2 years ago

If he is guilty cut him in half with his own assault rifle. Let the child's mother do it.

4whitesabbath(738 comments)posted 2 years ago

I agree Lawman to a point, I would hope for due process then immediate irradication/extermination.

To easy for someone with a badge to plant a weapon then kill the person.

Prayers to the family of the victim, sorry for your loss.

5DAL(90 comments)posted 2 years ago

Thoughts and prayers for Bryce's family!! May the person that committed this senseless crime, pay fully and not by spending the rest of his life in prison, but by being put to death by the same kind of gun that killed this innocent child!!

6opal(8 comments)posted 2 years ago

so sad a child had to die

7opal(8 comments)posted 2 years ago

I hope police ask where did the weapon come from!

Get him to talk

8lawman201279(3 comments)posted 2 years ago

Whitesabbath, I do agree with due process and quite frankly , I know as well as most, we will never see a punishment as in firing squad :-), but I guess my point is , if the system doesn't 100% crack down on these jackasses and give them the absolute , best punishment for the well being of the good folks in youngstown , the other animals will just laugh in the faces who sentence them, keep doing what they do and take it as a joke.

9opal(8 comments)posted 2 years ago

is waterboarding against the law in Youngstown

Ohio???

10Lifes2Short(3875 comments)posted 2 years ago

This useless piece of trash,pitiful excuse of human DNA, should be caged up or put to death like a rabid animal he is. This cockroach is nothing but pure evil. Why should INNOCENT citizens, CHILDREN, etc be subject to these non-humans. Pitiful excuse of a human being!

This low life is no stranger to the court system or police.

IMPROPERLY HANDLING GUN,F4, ENDANGERING CHILDREN.OVI.

And this jacka@# is only 21!

11whitesabbath(738 comments)posted 2 years ago

Not movies Youngstown born raised,

This country is already turning into a police state.

I wouldn't want the "authority of someone with a Badge " , to be Judge, Jury, and Executioner.

I to am sick of these lenient senteces, or backroom deals. Put these guys down.

12CantStandYa(121 comments)posted 2 years ago

BRING OHIO A THREE STRIKES LAW

Three felonies and YOU DIE.

Probably wouldnt work here anyway, too many plea deals from the prosecutors office.

13southsidedave(4780 comments)posted 2 years ago

Shawn Ramone Wilson...put him in prison, inmates hate child murderers...prison justice will prevail.