GOP challenger to Tim Ryan compares Obama to Hitler, Stalin

Published: Mon, August 6, 2012 @ 4:27 p.m.

YOUNGSTOWN — Republican Marisha Agana, challenging U.S. Rep. Tim Ryan for his congressional seat, compared President Barack Obama to Joseph Stalin, Adolf Hitler and Mao Zedong in a Twitter message.

Agana “tweeted” at 10:36 a.m. Sunday: “History has a way of repeating itself: Stalin, Hitler, Mao Tse Tung and now Obama!!!”

Larry Nichols, her campaign manager, said Agana, a Howland pediatrician, said today he is “excited she screwed up because it’s bringing out an issue we could run a campaign with Marisha at the forefront. She is very much against abortion.”

In response to another Twitter user, Agana tweeted at 9:48 a.m. today: “I am sorry if I made a poor choice of analogy but I was referring to his pro-abortion stance!”

In a statement today, Agana said, “I’m 100 percent against abortion and I’m excited this issue has come to the forefront.”

For the complete story, read Tuesday’s Vindicator and Vindy.com

Comments

1sonnype(70 comments)posted 1 year, 11 months ago

Where does the Republican Party find these idiots?

2gdog4766(1383 comments)posted 1 year, 11 months ago

The repuglican party and the tea party are for those who are bat crap crazy

3fattynskinny(195 comments)posted 1 year, 11 months ago

why do stupid americans think obama is anything but out to destroy america.......he's already doing it right before your liberal eyes. WAKE UP!

4LtMacGowan(629 comments)posted 1 year, 11 months ago

Hitler killed what? 6,000,000 people set Europe a blaze, Stalin is responsible for at least 30,000,000 dead (mostly his own people)

and they are comparing Obama to Hitler and Stalin?
What kind of drugs is she on... and where can I get some?

5natemiller(2 comments)posted 1 year, 11 months ago

Well get the true facts at www.commieblaster.com

all the truth is there all you got to do is read

6cambridge(2949 comments)posted 1 year, 11 months ago

nate.....get some help.

7gdog4766(1383 comments)posted 1 year, 11 months ago

I told you BAT CRAP CRAZY

8gdog4766(1383 comments)posted 1 year, 11 months ago

I scoured the national newspapers and found some interesting stories. It has been reported that Romney may have supervised the murder of a truckload of puppies. Also he might have personal knowledge of the massacre of a litter of kittens. Supposedly he did all this in front of a bunch of children who might have been splattered with blood. I mean i think thats what it said, I mean I could be wrong, but who cares right. I mean truth, lies, conjecture, suggestion, misrepresentation its all the same right.

9HonestAbe(270 comments)posted 1 year, 11 months ago

Really Republicans...is this the best your party can do? No sane Independent voter would take this "doctor" seriously. For shame, for shame. What a loser.....

10IslandMike(726 comments)posted 1 year, 11 months ago

What does Obama have to do with abortion? He couldn't stop abortions even if he wanted to. Ever hear of Roe -vs- Wade? These republicans are IDIOTS.

11GoPens(397 comments)posted 1 year, 11 months ago

She's a doctor? How can anyone send their kids to this nutjob? I'd be looking for a new pediatrician after reading this crap if she was my kids doctor.

12bumbob(127 comments)posted 1 year, 11 months ago

Wow. Marisha Agana broke Godwin's Law after a very short time on the campaign trail. Maybe even a world record of some sort.

13AtownAugie(697 comments)posted 1 year, 11 months ago

Stalin? No. Hitler? No. Mao? No. Jimmy Carter? Yep.

14WhatRUAfraidOf(85 comments)posted 1 year, 11 months ago

I cannotunderstand how people can compare any individual to two people who were on the extreme opposite ends of the political spectrum. From what I remember of the mere few minutes we spent on this in government class in high school 35 years ago, the Nazi party is on the most extreme end of the right and the Stalinists are the most extreme end of the left. One person cannot be at both extreme ends of the spectrum at the same time. I know, genocide is genocide, but I would hope at least a plurality of people are smart enough to see through this garbage.

Then again, Arizona was trying to pass a law that essentially said a woman who is potentially pregnant couldn't get birth control, then they said a woman is always potentially pregnant, so nothing the Republitards say about family planning really means much any longer.

As I've said before, I don't understand how a party that professes to want so much less government in people's lives is so BLOODY INTERESTED in what two consenting adults do in their own bedrooms. 'Tis a real puzzlement!

15Ianacek(882 comments)posted 1 year, 11 months ago

The Mahoning Valley has traditionally had a strong independent streak in its Congressional Representatives , putting local concerns before their Party more often than most Congressspeople .
Dr Agana seems to fit this mold , if you read her policy statements (e.g. she would co sponsor a bill to audit the Federal Reserve )

I'm amazed to see coments implying her conservative position on abortion makes her less fit as a pediatrician . Pediatric groups have long taken similar political positions on abortion , so her views shouldn't come as surprise to anyone .

Tim Ryan has been a great Congressman
in helping economically reconnect the Valley to the outside world . Dr Agana brings a perspective from that outside world , having made a public commitment to America that those born in the USA are not asked to make .

It would be good for the Valley if either of them is elected ; so I hope people will take a deep breath of Mr Ryan's "minfulness" & debate more about policy & what's good for the Valley .

16Freeatlast(1991 comments)posted 1 year, 11 months ago