facebooktwitterRSS
- Advertisement -
  • Most Commentedmost commented up
  • Most Emailedmost emailed up
  • Popularmost popular up
- Advertisement -
 

« News Home

Police seek leads in shooting death of 17-year-old in Youngstown



Published: Sun, September 18, 2011 @ 12:02 a.m.

Staff report

YOUNGSTOWN

Police are looking for leads to find out who shot and killed a 17-year-old Youngstown teenager late Friday night.

It is the fourth homicide involving a minor this year, and the juvenile murders have accounted for one-third of the city’s 12 total homicides this year.

According to police, Joshua T. Davis of 135 Willis Ave., was found shot in the left cheek and upper right groin. Police said they found the teen lying on his back on his front porch at 11:56 p.m. Police said his hands were still in his coat pockets upon their arrival.

His pockets contained multiple bags of suspected marijuana, according to the police report. Police also noted a small black digital scale on the porch next to the teenager.

Rural Metro paramedics took him to St. Elizabeth Health Center, where he was pronounced dead Saturday morning.

Police did not name any possible suspects in the report. The teenager’s mother said she saw a dark-colored SUV heading toward Market Street after the shooting.

The other minors killed:

De’Vail Fleeton, 16, of Norwood Avenue, a Chaney High School student, was found lying face down in an alley March 26 beside a Stewart Avenue home on the East Side.

Brandon Adkins, 16, of East Philadelphia Avenue, was found shot to death at about 11:30 p.m. on June 18 on the 3100 block of South Avenue on The South Side. Two juveniles are charged with his death.

Braylen Collins, 17, was shot at Evergreen Avenue and Summer Street on the South Side and died later at St. Elizabeth’s on July 29. Shonqualin Hendrix, 15, was arrested and charged with his murder several days later.

There were 16 city homicides at this time in 2010.


Comments

1redvert(2043 comments)posted 2 years, 9 months ago

99, I think you got it pretty well covered!!!

Suggest removal:

2bsdtwd(40 comments)posted 2 years, 9 months ago

99 got it 99% right. The other 1% is the folks next door or his other family members who don't care about anything except themselves and their useless thug lifestyle. They'll go on about how good of a kid he was and we'll read the familiar obit. One more example of how zero expectations of parents, children and entire neighborhoods gets you an entire city heading towards, if not already there, zero.

Suggest removal:

3sweetiet71(1 comment)posted 2 years, 9 months ago

People please!! Not one time did you see that young man's mother on t.v. saying how good he was. As far as the statement about the chemistry experiments, who is looking around there child to see what is around them. The focus is that person, so think before you jot down your thoughts!!!

Suggest removal:


News
Opinion
Entertainment
Sports
Marketplace
Classifieds
Records
Discussions
Community
Help
Forms
Neighbors

HomeTerms of UsePrivacy StatementAdvertiseStaff DirectoryHelp
© 2014 Vindy.com. All rights reserved. A service of The Vindicator.
107 Vindicator Square. Youngstown, OH 44503

Phone Main: 330.747.1471 • Interactive Advertising: 330.740.2955 • Classified Advertising: 330.746.6565
Sponsored Links: Vindy Wheels | Vindy Jobs | Vindy Homes | Pittsburgh International Airport