JFK High evacuated tonight for gas leak


WARREN

John F. Kennedy High School was evacuated Wednesday evening after a gas leak was discovered.

The leak came from a fryer in the kitchen, the Warren Fire Department said. Carbon monoxide readings from the leak were high in the building, the department said.

The fire department responded at 5:05 p.m. and evacuated about 60 people from an event that was taking place in the auditorium.

The building was cleared of carbon monoxide, and people were allowed back into the school in 20 minutes, the department said.

Dominion came to the school to investigate, and the school’s maintenance crew fixed the fryer, the department said.

No one was injured.

More like this from vindy.com

Subscribe Today

Sign up for our email newsletter to receive daily news.

Want more? Click here to subscribe to either the Print or Digital Editions.