Boardman teen accused of stealing cash from Giant Eagle

Published: Thu, June 9, 2011 @ 12:58 a.m.

BOARDMAN

An 18-year-old township man is accused of stealing more than $1,000 from his employer, Giant Eagle.

Alexander E. Martinez was arrested about 11 p.m. Tuesday and charged with felony theft.

Police said the loss prevention manager at Giant Eagle, 480 Boardman-Canfield Road, launched an internal investigation last week because $1,600 was missing.

Reports state Martinez admitted to stealing about $600 and returned $540 to the store. However, the loss prevention supervisor pursued charges against Martinez because $1,100 is still missing.

Martinez later provided a written statement detailing how he stole $1,000 from an open safe at GetGo, Giant Eagle’s gas station, during work as well as taking scratch-off lottery tickets, according to reports.

Comments

1Askmeificare(700 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

Pathetic.

2Lifes2Short(3877 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

Good Luck finding another job, even flipping burgers, loser!

3Freeatlast(1991 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

Hey the cost of drugs are going up in the old home town . Give the kid a break.

4Stan(9923 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

Alexander E. Martinez is a very social and sharing person . His motto is "my house is your house" with reciprocal privledges . Society doesn't understand that he was just controlling some of his money . I'm sure that this misunderstanding will be taken care of qickly and he will be reunited with his career .

5walter_sobchak(1910 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

Maybe the kid was just trying to save up enough money to buy a filet mignon from the meat department. You want to talk about a rip-off, check the prices on meat there!

6semick(15 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

The follies of youth...Let's just hope he learns from his mistakes and goes on to do good.

I did some of the same things in my 20's (stealing) and now that I'm in my 40's I have my own house, car, fiance, 2 stepsons and one son, and I have worked hard for what I have, legitimately. I am the most honest hard working person now. So don't condemn a person immediately.

7Stan(9923 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

We have not heard the last Alexander E. Martinez . He is destined to seize control of wealth and be a stalworth fixture in the subculture for many years down the road in his journey through time .

8Lifes2Short(3877 comments)posted 3 years, 3 months ago

semick

"AskemeifIcare and Lifes2short have already sentenced him to no life for one mistake...."

Did I sentenced him to no life? Not quite. The judge will do that. He's 18 years old, and more in likely going to have a FELON on his record. The job market is tough enough without a FELONY record. People cry about no jobs and this and that, who do you think someone will hire? A FELONY or a 18 year old that don't steal and puts in HONEST work? You tell me.

Stealing over a grand from your employer is not a follies of youth. That's the problem with bleeding hearts like you, it's NOTHING to you and pacify the criminal, and then what happens next? He does it again and again, maybe something worse. smh

"I did some of the same things in my 20's (stealing) "

You had a felony in your 20's? Or did you steal cigarettes or potato chips from the local convenient store?