Bradley’s Book Outlet opens mall location

Published: Mon, July 25, 2011 @ 10:59 a.m.

BOARDMAN — Bradley’s Book Outlet has opened its newest location at Southern Park Mall, 7401 Market St.

The location is the first store in Ohio for the Pittsburgh-based company, which has eight stores in Pennsylvania.

Bradley’s is a bargain book store. The company says it discounts about 90 percent of its inventory.

Comments

1whitesabbath(738 comments)posted 3 years, 1 month ago

This would be a dead end job for sure, give it less then a year.

unless they were selling e-books they might have a chance.

2VINDYAK(1799 comments)posted 3 years, 1 month ago

Here comes the discount stores and mom+pop shops moving into the malls as major retailers and chain stores move out. Soon you will see indoor yard sale stores, cheap tobacco shops and used, second-hand stores. So, what will be left in our downtowns...Elvis Velvet wall hangings?

3ickyOhio(4 comments)posted 3 years, 1 month ago

Vindyak I disagree. I have been to this store and it is setup very nicely. What is wrong with trying to provide a good product for a good price? Last time I checked this is America. We are the nation of free enterprise and trying to better our lives. I bought two books for $1 each. I love giving my business to mom and pops...nothing cheap about it. I will never buy those book readers; nothing like reading a book and turning the pages. Good luck Bradley Books!

4VINDYAK(1799 comments)posted 3 years, 1 month ago

ickyOhio-I certainly hope Bradley Books does well, but you and those like you are an exception when it comes to buying books. My wife recently purchased a nook after adamately insisting she would never, ever buy one. Nothing like reading a book and turning the pages, she said!

You did not call me out on this, but my previous post had some hints about my shopping experiences. I also shop downtown mom & pop shops, garage sales, Salvation Army and stay away from malls. I enjoy finding hidden treasures. My wife says my library wall is too full. We had a garage sale last year and I still have books in boxes in the basement. I am saddened by the demise of our downtowns, but its only because these mom & pop shops do not have the money to improve their shops or their downtown settings, so our downtowns are deteriorating further and some are now moving into empty mall spaces that are heavily discounted. People selling books in garage sales do not help.

5DwightK(1251 comments)posted 3 years, 1 month ago

I like discount book stores. You can really load up without going broke.