Did you feel that BOOM?

Published: Sat, December 31, 2011 @ 3:18 p.m.

Vindicator staffers from Niles, Canfield, Boardman, Poland and at our downtown plant all felt that shudder and boom at about 3:05 p.m.

We are checking right now to see if this was another earthquake.

Leave a comment to share your experiences, report damage or if you have any idea as to what that BOOM! was.

Or email us at news@vindy.com.

Comments

1AnotherAverageCitizen(1175 comments)posted 2 years, 11 months ago

Yes, Felt The Boom ...I was in Portage County at the time and felt the shake. Near 76 and St Rt 14. Lasting 3-5 seconds.

2WHATSSHAKIN(42 comments)posted 2 years, 11 months ago

WHAT AN AFTERNOON! At 3:00PM today my steady and I were just getting relaxed. At 3:04PM it was euphoria and an earth shaking moment! The timing couldn't have been better!

3Freeatlast(1991 comments)posted 2 years, 11 months ago

I was in Mississippi at 3:31.25 PM EST and I felt it . Then I remembered W. said he was appointed by God and knew every thing will be OK in Ytown
Just had to post it again

4Youngstown_Strong(91 comments)posted 2 years, 11 months ago

You can tell your own story of all these unusual quakes at this address:

They are compiling first hand accounts of people in "fracking" communities (like ours) that have witnessed any ill effects.

I know some people on here will debate me about whether or not the fracking caused the 11 quakes we've had this year... But one thing is certain: among the many nicknames that were awarded Youngstown in the 20th century, we're due for our first from the 21st century, Quake Town!

5southsidedave(4840 comments)posted 2 years, 11 months ago

Business as usual....the fracking will continue until we have a major catastrophe.

62ndamendment(21 comments)posted 2 years, 11 months ago

I was watching Deep Impact when the comet was hitting the ocean at that moment is when I felt the bang lol scared the crap out of me.

7marianne(66 comments)posted 2 years, 11 months ago

I was at home and heard a very loud bang and it knocked around some shelf items. I thought someone drove a car into my house!