Youngstown police seeking North Side shooters

Published: Sat, December 24, 2011 @ 3:31 a.m.

YOUNGSTOWN

Police are trying to determine who is responsible for shooting at a North Side house late Thursday.

Residents inside the Broadway Avenue home told police they heard glass breaking and a series of gunshots, then “hit the floor.”

Police discovered multiple bullet holes in the house and collected bullet fragments as evidence. No one was injured.

Comments

1Lifes2Short(3875 comments)posted 2 years, 8 months ago

Such pitiful little cockroaches. Real tough shooting at a house.

2VINDYAK(1799 comments)posted 2 years, 8 months ago

Ho, Ho, Ho, Merry Christmas...bang, bang, bang!

North side, South side, East Side, West side - all share in Christmas cheer. Do you want one bullet with your drink, or two.

What a traversty our area has become. Nothing is sacred anymore, not even Christmas, the celebration of the birth of Christ.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all and may God bless you, your family and your friends!

3Photoman(1000 comments)posted 2 years, 8 months ago

As our southern border remains porous, these local thugs will soon fade away and will be replaced by those who will be leaving human heads to be found. Just a nice New Year's thought for those who dwell in their world of complacency.

4redvert(2058 comments)posted 2 years, 8 months ago

Maybe we need to find a few bowling balls rolling around to get the hood's attention.

5Askmeificare(700 comments)posted 2 years, 8 months ago

Enjoy this song during your holiday celebrations.

6Nichthebuilder(3 comments)posted 2 years, 8 months ago

I haven't lived here for long but from what I have seen, Youngstown police just don't care to take a proactive stance against gun crime, and they apparently just don't have the gall to do their job. I speak from experience considering I live near a bar where ever since moving here a year ago, there have been gun incidents on almost a weekly basis at a local bar. I've reported it to 911 on several occasions, usually when it gets excessive (20-30 shots a night), I've called the city and they don't quite feel that they know who I should talk to in order to get the issue taken seriously. They didn't really get it when I asked them about why they still had a liquor license given these ongoing issues. At some points, half a dozen vehicles will drive around the bar parking lot while screaming out their windows and shooting off full clips.

I've seen a police response but have yet to see an officer actually do his job. Last time I checked, it's a serious offense to shoot off a gun in public. I don't do if because I like my freedom but I'm pretty sure if I did, I'd expect to be searched or at the very least questioned in a public place, say a parking lot. They just park a safe distance out on the street and wait until everyone leaves. Not a very effective way of fighting crime all around the table on this one. I'm sure it doesn't just happen on the East side. So next time someone gets shot, say thanks to the locals for not dealing with the threat when it was preventable.

7UnionForever(1470 comments)posted 2 years, 8 months ago

I guarantee it's not some middle aged white guy wearing a red santa suit doing the shootings! All of Youngstown is now considered the Hood, and there are no safe areas to hide from the pants on the ground hooded sweatshirt black gun violence.

8MARGEOMATIC(128 comments)posted 2 years, 8 months ago

gun control- NAHHH - how about some Birth Control for knuckle dragging WMD'S?

9Lifes2Short(3875 comments)posted 2 years, 8 months ago

nich

Don't blame the police. Spend a night in their shoes and see the animals they have to deal with on a daily basis. Take your anger out at the low life animals that are causing the problems. The police can only do so much. This is a problem all over the country not just isolated to Youngstown.

10Nichthebuilder(3 comments)posted 2 years, 8 months ago

You are partially right life, it is a problem in other parts of the country but not all over the country. There is this thing called class protection, the lower classes aren't protected by the police anymore. I don't know what their reason is, I have to assume it's because they just don't care to take the risks of their job based on class and therefor should find a new career.

I guarantee if the same event occurred in an upper middle class area just minutes away from the ghetto, every person in that bar would be searched and resolution would be had. America is turning into more of a dynasty, the police protect their own based on class. I'm sorry to have to say it but that's not America and it's not acceptable.

11southsidedave(4780 comments)posted 2 years, 8 months ago

Sounds like another drug deal gone bad!