Christmas is about Christ

Published: Tue, December 13, 2011 @ 12:00 a.m.

Christmas is about Christ

Many Americans do not un- derstand what is wrong with our country and why it is going down hill. My opinion is that we have fallen away from God. God and freedom are what this country was founded on.

Now something like Christmas is being torn apart. The first word in Christmas is Christ. If it were not for Him being born we would not have Christmas. We are told not to sing songs with Christmas or Christ in them. We are not to wish each other Merry Christmas, but instead happy holidays. Why is this? Christ is the reason for the season not just a time for buying things and going into debt, but for celebrating Christ’s birthday.

Our leaders are bringing our country down and we are letting them. Our own president quotes from the Koran not the Bible that this country was founded on. God and Christian beliefs, not Muslim beliefs, were what the entire foundation of the United States of America were and should remain.

As a side note, Islam is not a religion it is actually a socialistic agenda. Investigate it yourself.

The only way I can sum this up is what it tells us in the Bible. God said if you deny Me then I will deny you. Makes a lot of sense since we have denied God in our country, in schools, stores, military and even taking “In God We Trust” off of our money (check that one out on the new gold dollar coins).

We have been going down hill because we have turned our backs on God. I say let us put Christ back in Christmas and wish everyone a Merry Christmas and get back to where our great country belongs ... in the hands of God.

Brian Palumbo, Burghill

Comments

1jrolley325(789 comments)posted 2 years, 7 months ago

this proves the vindicator will publish just about anything.

2Sunny(25 comments)posted 2 years, 7 months ago

Hey jrolley, last time I checked this was the USA - you know, freedom of speach and all? I completely agree with this writer. The Christian religion IS the reason for this holiday! How dare others try to tear it apart and stop us from celebrating the birth of our Lord and Savior. If this were being done to any other religion, the media would be up in arms over it. It's time we stand up for Christ and what He stands for! Merry Christmas, everyone! And God bless us, EVERYONE!

3MZ(1 comment)posted 2 years, 7 months ago

Here is something to do: Share Christ for the 12 days leading up to Christmas, starting on Wed, Dec 14, as described at http://12daysofchristmas2000.blogspot...

4jrolley325(789 comments)posted 2 years, 7 months ago

bottom line is we go through this crap every single year with people being butthurt over a simple holiday greeting. does it really even matter? it shouldn't.

but instead of embracing these well-wishes, whatever they may be, these yahoos still want to bitch and moan about it.

this country was actually founded so that its citizens can practice any religion they wish. this letter is almost suggesting we live under a christian equivalent of the taliban.

5Sunny(25 comments)posted 2 years, 7 months ago

jrolley, I'm not trying to pick on you or anything but I disagree with you:

"bottom line is we go through this crap every single year with people being butthurt over a simple holiday greeting. does it really even matter? YES, it does matter. This is related to our religion and our base beliefs. The REASON for Christmas is because of Christ. That's it! One reason only. But I do agree that all well wishes should be embraced. All I'm saying is that our religion and beliefs should be just as respected as any other religion.

"this letter is almost suggesting we live under a christian equivalent of the taliban." Again, not trying to pick on you,but really? I think you are reading far more into it if you believe it even comes close to being equivalent to the taliban.

6cambridge(2973 comments)posted 2 years, 7 months ago

I agree with jrolly. I'm not a religious person myself but because there is freedom of religion in this country there are many religions celebrating their holidays this time of year. Instead of inquiring if they are religious or how they celebrate this time of year I just sincerely wish everyone a "Happy Holiday" and if that offends anyone I sincerely don't give $hit.

7jrolley325(789 comments)posted 2 years, 7 months ago

sunny, point taken. however, when i read the title of the letter, i expected to read something along the lines that we are letting christmas become too commercial. i would have at least understood that. instead, i read a bunch of boohooing about the phrase "happy holidays" instead of "merry christmas" and pretty much blaming muslims for all the country's problems. again, should we really be worrying about this nonsense?

8nemo0723(19 comments)posted 2 years, 7 months ago

Brian, the "In God We Trust" is inscribed on the edge of the coin. They did that to make room for bigger artwork on the face and reverse. -check that one out...

9nemo0723(19 comments)posted 2 years, 7 months ago

I'm annoyed by all of this "War on Christmas" nonsense. I say it, I hear it, and I've never heard anyone complain. I have Jewish and atheist friends who say "Merry Christmas" to people. It's a bunch of alarmist crap to get people spun up over nothing.

10dogger(2 comments)posted 2 years, 7 months ago

Well said, Brian. God bless you and Merry Christmas!

11Attis(864 comments)posted 2 years, 7 months ago

God is great, much greater than the little box brian and the commentators are stuffing her into. Allah Akbar. Merry Christmas.

12Freeatlast(1991 comments)posted 2 years, 7 months ago