Beaver Township man dies in motorcycle crash

Published: Mon, August 29, 2011 @ 9:30 p.m.

POLAND

A 23-year-old Beaver Township man, Kevin J. Jackson Jr., was killed Monday afternoon when the motorcycle he was driving went off Arrel Road in Poland Township.

The crash occurred at 3:30 p.m. between state Route 170 and Struthers Road, according to the Ohio Highway State Patrol. The patrol’s report said the motorcycle was eastbound when it went off the left side of the road and struck a ditch, a light post and a landscape stone.

It’s the third motorcycle fatality in three days. On Sunday, Kodi Brenner, 20, of Masury was killed when the motorcycle she was on collided with a car at state Route 82 and Niles-Vienna Road in Vienna Township. On Saturday, Joseph Whitacre, 40, of Brookfield

died after he lost control of his motorcycle and hit a utility pole on Standard Avenue in Brookfield.

Comments

1haylett123(1 comment)posted 3 years ago

I feel awful, I drove right past the accident and I didn't see anyone there. I had no clue that Kevin was in the landscaping or I would have stopped to call it in and check his medical status. I saw the motorcycle, but I thought it was an accident that happened earlier and wasn't cleaned up yet. Again I feel awful, and just hope that he didn't die because I didn't stop. My prayers and sympathy to his family and friends, I am truly sorry.

2gbeans01(11 comments)posted 3 years ago

haylett....same thing, I saw the bike but nothing else. I drove past after the firetruck showed up and by the demeanor of the emergency crews on scene, I don't think anyone could have helped him. I'm haunted by the whole thing.

3majick(34 comments)posted 3 years ago

R.I.P. Kevin.....we'll miss you. Don't dwell on it too much you two, he most likely passed away on impact and didn't suffer.

4KathyS(10 comments)posted 3 years ago

I worked with Kevin and his mother for several years. He was a sweet young man and I just feel horrible. My thoughts and prayers go out to Kevin's family and friends. He will be missed.

5pennygirl(6 comments)posted 2 years, 12 months ago

For the two of you that drove by the accident,please do not dwell on not stopping,I am not sure if I my self would have stopped. I am Kevins mom and I am devestated by the loss. He was the best of the best, he was my only child and he was my best friend. I was told he died instantly.He will be missed terribly.