Beaver Township police arrest man for conduct with girl

Published: Wed, August 10, 2011 @ 6:12 p.m.

canfield

A Pennsylvania man is in Mahoning County jail, accused of sexual contact with a minor.

George D. DeLong, 40, of Mars, Pa., was arrested Wednesday. He’s charged by Beaver Township Police with a third-degree felony of unlawful contact with a minor.

He was arraigned Wednesday evening in Mahoning County Area Court in Canfield where no plea was accepted. If convicted, DeLong could face between one and five years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000.

“You are to have no contact, verbal, physical or otherwise, with the alleged victim while this matter is pending,” Judge Scott Hunter said.

DeLong told Judge Hunter that he would be contacting his personal attorney to represent him.

He is in Mahoning County jail on $250,000 cash bond. A pre-trial hearing date hasn’t been set.

Beaver Police Chief Carl Frost said on Monday the victim, a 15-year-old female from Beaver Township, told police that she met DeLong over the internet in June, and formed a friendship with him.

The girl said they met up several times, and on the most recent visit DeLong engaged in sexual contact with her.

Frost said he couldn’t release details about the type of sexual contact but said, “She wasn’t raped. There was no physical force.”

Officers picked up DeLong Wedesday afternoon at the former South Range High School in North Lima, he said.

“We worked with the victim,” Frost said. “[DeLong] came over today under the pretenses of meeting her behind the old South Range building. There he was apprehended by Beaver police.”

DeLong was an internet technician with Wilkinsburg School District in Wilkinsburg, Pa., but was on furlough from the district at the time of his arrest, Frost said. He was working as a health care provider for a nursing home in Valencia, Pa.

Frost said the investigation continues.

Comments

1stacey2001(2 comments)posted 3 years, 4 months ago

Well of course the man will be arressted and jailed for EVER...but what happens to the 15 year old who met up with him? NOTHING ! No one can tell me a 15 year old doesnt know right from wrong. By no means am i saying this behavior is ok, what i am saying is these girls need to stop getting men into trouble ! They know how to sneak around and lie to thier parents about what they are doing and then they know enough to whine about it. They need to start paying for thier wrong doing also.

2Suzey(6 comments)posted 3 years, 4 months ago

I'm not saying it's ok to have sexual contact with a 15 yr old.But she is old enough to know right from wrong,how old did she tell him she was!? Girls also lie about their age! No he should not have done this.But neither should she.No I don't think he should go to prison.
I know how it feels to be molested.She voluntarily met this man,she knew what she was doing.Both should be in hot water for their actions!!!

3cheybaby2(102 comments)posted 3 years, 4 months ago

I'm agreeing with Stacy in a sense, If you read it this girl was meeting with him for how long. These girls are out of hand. They lie about there age, dress like little tramps,, Showing way To much for any kid. wearing tons of make up .I blame them Both. He Is a Pervert But She Is old Enough To Know he is her fathers age.. Little girls need to stay In there own age group but No Sex. AIDS out there Kids STD's are out there..I raised a daughter, I'm also raising a granddaughter, my 11 yr old granddaughter Just got Caught Kissing a boy,.. BOY was she is trouble.. girls are just as curious about sex as boys. but they don't realize or don't care what else can happen And giving these girls birth control doesn't work unless You stand over top of them every single day and make sure they swallow them.. There not smart enough to be responsible. I know They Have Shots But I know Nothing about them.not in my day.. this is hard to call if the man pushed himself on her, or she push herself on him. Either Or find the truth punish one or both.

4cheybaby2(102 comments)posted 3 years, 4 months ago

when I was Growing up in the 60's & early 70's my next door neighbor was a 15 yr old girl i went to school with, there was a garage behind the house beside her house.. She Took on all the Boys in a 3-4 block radius. One after the other. I seen all the guys ,But had no clue till a couple of them told me . i was so grossed out by what they told me. i was 15 but a virgin. I just Could not Imagine anybody that nasty. Her name was MUD in warren.every boy, man, & beast knew her.. I stopped walking to school with her & being seen with her because guys are idiots they think your just like her. i had older guys try that crap with me i told them I'm not Pam., leave me alone.. Its Horrible for the good girls .. .

5stoptheblame(8 comments)posted 3 years, 4 months ago

I agree with some of your comments. These girls wear all these clothes with their a** and breast hanging out. Shorts that could pass for panties, skirts with not enough material to cover some of their big a**. They wear make-up that makes them look older than what they are. They want to be grown but when they get themselves into a situation then they become a child again. Children should stay in a childs place. What are these teachers going to do when school starts and they're trying to teach a class and these young girls are sitting in front of them with these short skirts and shorts with their legs open. Do you know how many men teachers are going to be in trouble this school season??? It's hard enough for them to teach their class let alone stand up there trying not to look between these girls legs. I agree that this girl should face some punishment also. She knew what she was doing and she knew that this man was older than 16 or 17. He knew better also because I know when she opened up her mouth to have a conversation with her he could tell she wasn't old enough. You men out there who are looking at these young girls in a very perverted way should think about how would you like it if these perverts were looking at your daughter, neice or granddaughter?

6BrothaLove(81 comments)posted 3 years, 4 months ago

I don't agree with these statements about blaming the children at all...

You must remember that these are KIDS we are talking about. I would hope that if a teacher sees a student sitting legs open with a short skirt he would have the good sense to tell the child to close her legs and sit like a lady! I am a heterosexual man and I love women, but I abhor anyone who looks at a child with some form of lust. There is NOTHING sexual about a child

Part of being an adult is setting an example for children. There is something terribly wrong with an adult who can be influenced by the sexual "prowess" of a child!!!

7DwightK(1300 comments)posted 3 years, 4 months ago

What we need are parents who keep track of where their kids are, who they are meeting up with and keep a handle on how they dress in public. There are too many 40 year olds who think they are still 16. Those pervs are definitely checking out your daughters when they dress scantily.

8fattynskinny(195 comments)posted 3 years, 4 months ago

these girls are being raised...and allowed by their parents....to be nothing but sluts. in this day and age ALL 15 year olds know exactly what they are doing.

9Stan(9923 comments)posted 3 years, 4 months ago

This fellow had originally planned on going to Rucci's Go Go Cabaret at 46 & I80 but he didn't have the money . . ..