Youngstown police schedule 5:30 p.m. news conference

Published: Tue, September 28, 2010 @ 5:05 p.m.

Youngstown police have called a 5:30 p.m. news conference today after taking at least one suspect into custody believed to be connected to a Saturday drive-by shooting.

Police told The Vindicator that warrants for the arrest of suspects in the Saturday Market Street drive-by shooting of Thomas J. Repchic and his wife, Jacqueline, were issued at about 1:30 p.m.

Thomas Repchic was killed and his wife was injured in the shooting.

At 537 Garfield St., one suspect was arrested in connection to the Repchic shooting and another was arrested on unrelated drug charges, police said.

Another suspect at a different location was also sought by police.

For details, see Wednesday's Vindicator or watch Vindy.com.

Comments

1davybabyboy(6 comments)posted 4 years ago

Yes, get these dirt bags off the streets. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Repchic family.

2RL330(2 comments)posted 4 years ago

Anyone else want to sing "proud to be an American"? Hey that just made my day. Now I hope court system is just as effective.

31970mach1(1005 comments)posted 4 years ago

GREAT JOB YPD!!!!

4ytown_kills_me(64 comments)posted 4 years ago

AWSOME JOB...now clean up the rest of the thugs infecting our city !!

5Thunderchicken(15 comments)posted 4 years ago

Thank you YPD. This is a great day for all involved.

God, I hope the court system is half as effective and the YPD men and women in blue.

With an arrest this quick, maybe, just maybe, people are decent and perhaps had enough and dropped a dime?

Thoughts?

6Ralphie(32 comments)posted 4 years ago

All smoke and mirrors! The mayor keeps mentioning the low number of Homicides this year (only 17?) In 2010 80 year old murdered in church parking lot, 15 year old girl murdered on west side, 60 year old realtor murdered, 75 year old parishner murdered, etc. If this is good news the Mayor needs a wakeup call. All these horrific murders have resulted in an arrest(s) by the YPD. A dept. that hasnt hired a cop in years. I went to Radio Shack and bought an $80 police scanner. Every day and night "We need some guys to work overtime tonight. Can any one help us out and work over tonight?" Them guys are taking 4,5, 6 hour old calls. I had my car broken into, and i know its not a big deal. I waited 4 hours and then went to work. My neighbor said the cops came at midnight. 6 hours after i called! The cops told my neighbor they just started at midnight. Something needs to be done. I feel like we've been abandoned on the south side. If you live in Youngstown do yourself a fovor and buy a Police scanner. You can't get entertainment like that on television. God Bless all the true innocent victims in this city. Such a shame.

7Stan(9923 comments)posted 4 years ago

Very fast work ! THANKS YPD !

8leftyompton4life(79 comments)posted 4 years ago

Dirtbags? You guys are being nice. These useless wastes of life should be stoned and hung. I really do hope these are the people. What goes through peoples heads. Was it mistaken identity? Even so..doesnt make any of this right. My heart goes out to this family...its sickening...things like this just shouldnt be happening this often.

9cnapattie(2 comments)posted 4 years ago

I agree with ytown_kills_me . Too much crime going on in this town. We should be proud of our town.Instead we are fearful.Since when do the criminals get the power? The judges here in this city are not convicting the underage criminals. In the mean time these underage thugs are getting away with all this crime. Kudos to the YPD. Now to take care of the rest of the crime.My prayers are with the Repchic family. Hopefully this brings some comfort to you.God Bless You.

10Thunderchicken(15 comments)posted 4 years ago

"... doesn't bring him back ... great work by the YPD but long term something needs to be done ... those streets are no safer today than they were on Saturday we all know that ..."

Unfortunately, this is true. So sad, but so true.

11jabo296(1 comment)posted 4 years ago

Dam I live in New York City now, I had to got out of that death trap of a place because of the crime and I read the new york paper and it is not as bad the Vindy.