George Summers and Melanie Smith pose in a Wildcat roller-coaster car from Idora Park on display at the Canfield Fair. Smith’s father, Robert Karzmer of Youngstown, found the 1,000-pound original coaster car in a local body shop.
Robert Karzmer of Youngstown has brought a car from an Idora Park roller coaster to the Canfield Fair. Fairgoers who miss the Wildcat, or were born after the park’s closure in 1984, can hop in the coaster car and have their picture taken in it with an 8-foot-by-10-foot backdrop of the Wildcat track for $10.
- 164th Canfield Fair
- More for Lesses
- Digital cameras increase entries
- SCHEDULE OF EVENTS Through Monday
- King, queen credit 4-H for skills
- Family man cuts ribbon to open fair
- Memorable ride
- Gretchen Wilson will get the party started
- Dierks Bentley takes risk on bluegrass-flavored CD
- His peppers are bigger than life
- Fair Digest || Alternate fair routes
- Health board inspects all the food at the fair
- Ride Safety Division at Canfield Fair