Youngstown police seek details in homicide case

Published: Thu, October 28, 2010 @ 4:36 p.m.

YOUNGSTOWN

Police are investigating the shooting death of a Youngstown man on the South Side.

Police found Andre Whitlor, no age given, Thursday morning at 2632 Hunter Ave. He was last seen alive Tuesday. The Mahoning County Coroner’s office has determined that Whitlor died from at least one gunshot wound and his death has been ruled a homicide.

Police are asking that anyone with information about the murder call Youngstown Police Department.

Comments

1onthetown(254 comments)posted 3 years, 10 months ago

Andre Whitlor:

2Stan(9923 comments)posted 3 years, 10 months ago

Truly a great loss for The Valley . ..

The grand jury also indicted Andre Whitlor, 24, of Dickson Street, on two counts of receiving stolen property between May 14 and May 31 in reference to two handguns stolen from Miller Rod & Gun in Boardman.

3redvert(2056 comments)posted 3 years, 10 months ago

Appears that he went in front of the same judge at least 3 times. Seems that someone else dispensed the justice that Durkin was not capable of dispensing.

4YtownGirl1009(3 comments)posted 3 years, 10 months ago

I think its sick that redvert thinks this is justice! Someone being shot and killed because they were arrested before!!! I knew him personally and ya although he may have not been a perfect person and was involved in crime it is justice n he didnt deserve to die. I see that you have left 924 comments on vindy.com....wow maybe u need to find something better to do with your life than to sit on the computer and to give your inappropriate opinions.

5mrblue(974 comments)posted 3 years, 10 months ago

And the crime wave continues. People need to be more involved or the killings will never end. Enough is enough.

6MLC(52 comments)posted 3 years, 10 months ago

You live my the sword ,you die by the sword,as it is with Andre Whitlor.

@Ytown girl,it's not normal to wear a bulletin proof vest ,unless he was involved in some illegal activity.I don't have any bulletin proof clothing in my wardrobe.

7taliwacker(54 comments)posted 3 years, 10 months ago

MLC,
I have a bullet proof vest in my house, and i am not involved in any type of illegal activities.
I wear it when i go hunting, cause i do not trust other irresponsible hunters. I also wear it when i when i walk the streets, with the neighborhood watch
Just cause you own or wear one does not mean you are doing things you are not suppose too.

8Lifes2Short(3875 comments)posted 3 years, 10 months ago

When will they ever learn.

9msndre(5 comments)posted 3 years, 10 months ago

soldier and redvert you two have nothing better to do than sit and enjoy these crimes going on. andre whitlor is my uncle and he didnt deserve this.. he wasnt out her killing and robbing people.. he wasnt a threat to anyone. and whoever did this should be looked at as the hoodlum. not my 27 year old uncle was the victim.. notice the police found no drugs or guns on the scene.. i just dnt understand why yu guys would say mean things about my uncle my family is grieving and and tore up. andre didnt deserve this.. may your soul rest uncle andre ...we love yu always. i hope yu two jack asses find somethng else to do

10msndre(5 comments)posted 3 years, 10 months ago

thank yu............

11Conservatism_Will_Prospers(91 comments)posted 3 years, 10 months ago

Ytowngirl, if you lay in a bed of thorns you will get stuck! I cannot say that I am surpised at the outcome of Andre's life but it is a shame that parents are failing to break the cycle of crime. Best of wished to Andre's family!

12YtownGirl1009(3 comments)posted 3 years, 10 months ago

Msndre I been up all night thinking about Andre. Im so sorry for you and your family.I met him thru a mutual friend 2 yrs ago n we used to hang out alot. It made me sick to see how some people (with nothing better to do) acted as if this was deserved because he has been arrested! Noone deserves this and Andre definitley did not!! He got me a tattoo one year for Christmas...we got them together...it means strength and every time I look at it I think about him and about that smile and I know you must be missing him horribly so do not take into consideration wat any of the inconsiderate people are posting on here. Just know that he touched my life and im sure many others and that he will truely be missed!!!

13sealteam6(4 comments)posted 3 years, 10 months ago

it,s ashame that young people are losing their lives for some B> S>, but you know? pay back is a bitch

14walter_sobchak(1891 comments)posted 3 years, 10 months ago

How many homicides does this make this year? The Vindicator used to provide a running count under the previous mayors. It is tragic that another person is gunned down in Y-town however, he appears to be far from an innocent or did I miss that he was shot in his car outside of a church?

15sealteam6(4 comments)posted 3 years, 9 months ago

Andre had good heart even though he suffered with an uncurable sickness, all his LIFE, no more hospitals, no more blood tranfusions, no more doctors,BUT DR. JESUS ,AMEN
LOVE YOU DRE

16msndre(5 comments)posted 3 years, 9 months ago

any of yu with something negative to say about my uncle go get some hobbies.. no he was not outside of a church... andre was sick he wasnt a thug and its sad it went like this.. he was harmless but some ol broke SUKKAS thought they were gone try n rob him and for what?!?! they took his life over a lil money..smh at all yu old bastardswith nothing better to do.. i wish u would dare show your face and say some smart sh** because then im whopping a**.... andre is my blood and he live son thru me... forget a hater yall get yall money up!!!!!!